Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Taokaka Combo Thread

Why is it called "Tetsu ender"? lol. That stuff already existed in CS2 (there's even a CS2 combo video with it) and Tetsu wasn't even playing Tao at that time :V

Anyway, I was having a hard time doing AB2 combos against Arakune after 4D~A->6C->etc cause his hitbox is really weird and you needed to delay the 6C very much (doing the "Tetsu Ender" helps). But I found a easier way to combo AB2 against Arakune after those setups:

...4D~A->6C->AB2->6C->236C->6C->HJC7->Cat2->etc

It makes the combo way easier against Arakune in any AB2 setup. The problem is that some high prorated combos may not work with this (specially if you already used 236C before since it has SMP), at least it works with 2AA->5C->2C->6C->AB2->etc (crouching). I think this also helps against Tager since the timing with AB2 is different against him too, but the Arakune case is worse.

Anyway, what are some good 2D CH combos? :V

CH 2D? I think NeoGio posted it earlier.

It was 2D -> 44 -> j.4D~6 -> j.2D~B -> 22C -> 5D~5/6(depending on corner) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> ender. The ender does have to be cut a bit short if it's not AB2.

The AB2 ender was possible on the previous versions, but nobody did super jump variations because it was not mandatory. Also most people neutral super jump rather than jump backwards since it didn't really make a difference to some. Tetsu was the first tao to optimize ab2 damage in extend and modify the previous variation so that it could be a little more burst safe.

CH 2D, 44, j.4D-a, 5C, 5D-6, etc. does more damage and is the combo tsujikawa usually goes for, however matoi's version has proven to be a little more consistent. The j2D.B,22C is one to make the combo a little bit easier, but replacing the 22C with 5C nets you more damage.

In CS1 you needed to have as few hits in AB2 as possible, since it would usually be at the end of a taunt loop (already pretty prorated by that time). So normal jumps usually weren't an option, so most people actually did the super jump one from the videos I saw during that time.

In CS2 you had no reason to use the super jump variant most of the time since it would be directly off of 3C(3), therefore it wasn't very prorated yet.

Can someone plz help me with this combo??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNoBEINHMgCombo 5

(1:06) - 5B starter, corner

5B -> 3C (3 hits) -> 22C -> 5D~5 -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D~A -> 6C -> 236C -> [2]9D -> j.2D~B -> 5C -> 2D~9 -> j.C -> j.9D~C -> j.9D~9 -> j.3D~3 -> j.236BBBBB [4125]

Side note (i dont understand why the j.2D~B is in this combo when in the video it looks like its just [2]9D~B -> 5C

So anyways. If i just do 6C and skip the 236C and go in to [2]9D the attack hits! But it takes the opponet out of the corner so i cant do the Danceing edge finisher

If i go in to 6C -> 236C -> [2]9D... [2]9D Completely whiffs.

So if someone out their can help me. I will love you long time. =)

From 236C -> [2]9D tao goes top left onto screen. You then do move to a direction back in this case it is 2 (I would move back with 3) and since you hit them on the way back you use the B version of the drive to go through them. That is why they have the j.2D~B.

Can someone plz help me with this combo??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNoBEINHMgCombo 5

(1:06) - 5B starter, corner

5B -> 3C (3 hits) -> 22C -> 5D~5 -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D~A -> 6C -> 236C -> [2]9D -> j.2D~B -> 5C -> 2D~9 -> j.C -> j.9D~C -> j.9D~9 -> j.3D~3 -> j.236BBBBB [4125]

Side note (i dont understand why the j.2D~B is in this combo when in the video it looks like its just [2]9D~B -> 5C

So anyways. If i just do 6C and skip the 236C and go in to [2]9D the attack hits! But it takes the opponet out of the corner so i cant do the Danceing edge finisher

If i go in to 6C -> 236C -> [2]9D... [2]9D Completely whiffs.

So if someone out their can help me. I will love you long time. =)

I also have a question about this combo, I can't seem to get the [2]D9 after the 236C at all. Tao just fly's straight like a 5D is there some tight timing or something? Any response is appreciated.

I also have a question about this combo, I can't seem to get the [2]D9 after the 236C at all. Tao just fly's straight like a 5D is there some tight timing or something? Any response is appreciated.

If it looks like a 5D then it might be a 5D... the [2]D9 means it a charge move so after you do 236C hold down 2 for a second then do [2]D9.

If tao is flying the opposite direction then you have to point your stick down(3) to keep her in the corner

Anyways, I found that the combo worked on Litch but when i tryd it on Bang it didn't work.

Unless its Tager, I cannot for the life of me connect rising j.5B after 5C. I can connect j.5B after 5B but not 5C. To JC you just have to jump whilst the move is active right? Well its not happening, and they get too far for j.5B to connect :S

The combo I'm trying to do is this btw.

~ -> 5B -> 5C -> JC -> j.B -> j.2B -> j.C -> 6A (2) -> Air Ender

Unless its Tager, I cannot for the life of me connect rising j.5B after 5C. I can connect j.5B after 5B but not 5C. To JC you just have to jump whilst the move is active right? Well its not happening, and they get too far for j.5B to connect :S

The combo I'm trying to do is this btw.

~ -> 5B -> 5C -> JC -> j.B -> j.2B -> j.C -> 6A (2) -> Air Ender

On some characters it requires a specific delay between 5C and the JC. On some characters it's impossible. Against Tager, Valkenhayn, Bang, Arakune, Relius, Hakumen you don't have to delay at all, it'll just work.

If one was to dabble in Taokaka...What combos would be essential? Opinions plz.

you could learn her midscreen combo 5B>5C>j.B>j.2B>j.C>dash 6A>aerial atleast for the "big" characters, however imho it's better to learn her corner carry routes, so anything that will lead to j.D~A>6C>4D~A>6C>ender (or just j.D~A>6C>6C>ender). Corner carry combos give you generally good to awesome meterless damage, in some cases you can choose to sacrifice damage for an ender that gives a semi-knockdown, and most important thing you can switch the regular ender with the AB2 ender once you have meter.

you could learn her midscreen combo 5B>5C>j.B>j.2B>j.C>dash 6A>aerial atleast for the "big" characters, however imho it's better to learn her corner carry routes, so anything that will lead to j.D~A>6C>4D~A>6C>ender (or just j.D~A>6C>6C>ender). Corner carry combos give you generally good to awesome meterless damage, in some cases you can choose to sacrifice damage for an ender that gives a semi-knockdown, and most important thing you can switch the regular ender with the AB2 ender once you have meter.

Exactly which characters does the standing 5C>jB confirm work on? I can't get it on Ragna for the life of me, but I've seen it work on him in a few match videos.

The problem is that you have to delay the rising J.b on certain members of the cast,

No delay-Tager, Bang, Arakune, Hakumen,Valkenhayn,Relius

Does not work on- Makoto, Lambda, Carl, Platinum, Noel, Taokaka

Delay rising j.B on- Jin, Mu, Ragna, Tsubaki, Hazama,Rachel

Damn these notations are confusing as hell haha. Some bust some Jargon ass and walk me through an Air ender? I don't get all the ~ and ...> Stuff D:

~ are the drive follow ups. A makes Tao cancel her momentum. B goes through the opponent. C cancel her momentum but she lunges vertically.

Hey,

just started playing CS:EX and tried to get some of the combos down. Sadly the video is down and I can't really get a visiual example for them so I wanted to ask, if there is any substitute or so? ^^

Edit: Deleted the second part about the 22C->5D~5->6D~a stuff, managed to hit that :3

They are still possible to download and watch :O

please share your magic, or re-upload them to youtube, or send me the files lol

I wish to use them myself