Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingofSarus

Skullgirls Palette Request/Creation Thread

Buggy the Clown
Just saying I don't think the left and right halves of her top can do that, I think the middle bit is one color and the outer bits can be another.

Guys, I'll ask Ravid if I can explain the current characters changeable sections so you guys will know the restrictions, I just need to make sure it's okay first.

EDIT: I got the okay, I'll post how each character's palette sections work in just a bit.

Okay guys, here is a list of every changeable part of the existing characters costumes, as new characters are confirmed and revealed I'll post how they work as well.

Filia:

-Hair

-Samson's Eyes

-Samson's Teeth

-Samson's Mouth

-Skin

-Nose

-Tinted Skin

-Blush

-Eye Whites

-Irises

-Eyeshadow

-Teeth

-Mouth

-Spit

-Fingernails

-Shirt

-Tie

-Waistband

-Skirt

-Panties

-Stockings Main

-Stockings Highlight

-Shoes

-Super Skulls

Cerebella:

-Hat Main

-Hat Diamonds

-Hat Skulls

-Hat Skulls Eyes

-Hair

-Face/Chest

-Eye Whites

-Irises

-Eyeshadow

-Blush

-Diamond Tattoo

-Lips

-Teeth

-Mouth

-Spit

-Neck Strap

-Breast Strap Main

-Breast Strap Diamonds

-Dress Main

-Dress Middle

-Sleeves

-Sleeves Straps

-Wristband

-Hands

-Fingernails

-Thighs

-Panties

-Stockings Main

-Stockings Diamonds

-Stockings Skulls

-Stockings Skulls Eyes

-Knife

-Super Coal

-Super Diamond

Parasoul:

-Hair

-Face

-Eye Whites

-Iris

-Eyeshadow

-Glasses (Removable)

-Blush

-Lips

-Teeth

-Mouth

-Spit

-Sweater Body

-Sweater Sleeves

-Pinstripes

-Necklace String

-Cross

-Armband

-Armband Lines

-Armband Circle

-Hand Palms

-Fingers

-Fingernails

-Miniskirt

-Panties

-Leg A (Waist)

-Leg B (Thighs)

-Leg C (Knees)

-Leg D (Calves)

-Leg E (Ankles)

-Shoes

-Umbrella Canvas

-Umbrella Metal

-Umbrella Eyes

-Umbrella Fire

-Luger Main

-Luger Handle

-Luger Bullets

-Solder Main

-Soldier Gloves

Peacock:

-Hat Main

-Hat Bottom

-Hat Inside

-Hat Strap

-Hat Buttons

-Hair

-Face

-Eyes

-Teeth

-Mouth

-Spit

-Mantle

-Mantle Buttons

-Bow Tie

-Dress Main

-Dress Frills

-Arm Bones

-Arm Eyes Frames

-Arm Eyes

-Arm Eyes Iris

-Gloves

-Glove Seams

-Pantaloons

-Boots

-Boot Bottoms

-Avery Feathers

-Avery Beack

-Limbs (All characters)

-8Bomb Main

-8Bomb Shoes

-8Bomb Circle

-8Bomb Gokart

-Shotgun Metal

-Shotgun/Magnum Shells

-Metal

-Wood

-Smoke

-Pie

-Pie Insides

-Andy Anvil Main

-Tommy 10t Main

Ms. Fortune:

-Ears Main

-Ears Inside

-Hair

-Hair Sidelocks

-Face

-Eye Whites

-Irises

-Teeth

-Mouth

-Top Middle

-Midriff

-Shoulders

-Forearms and Wrists

-Wristbands/Collar

-Gloves

-Fingers

-Nails

-Stitches

-Crotch

-Belt

-Belt/Collar Buckle

-Thighs

-Pants

-Pants Collars

-Calves

-Feet

-Tail

-Blood

-Muscles

-Claw Slashes

While i appreciate your efforts, a colour map would be much easier to read and deduce. Doesn't have to be an editable colour map (since we already have the linearts), just one that shows the sections.

While i appreciate your efforts, a colour map would be much easier to read and deduce. Doesn't have to be an editable colour map (since we already have the linearts), just one that shows the sections.

I wish I could help you guys out with that, but as of right now I don't think that's possible. If I remember correctly, Ravidrath was looking into getting the editable colormaps out for everyone, but I don't know what came of that.

Since I'm only a volunteer, I can only release content that I've been approved to distribute so getting everyone the official colormaps is something out of my hands.

Very nice reference. Very relevant to Ms. Fortune. I just finished a Squigly palette.

C'mon man, Ms. SoBa just mentioned about this already and I didn't even put Squigly's nor Umbrella's lineart on the first post for a reason.

Trust me, I've been cooking up a "Lei-Lei" color scheme for her, but just be patient.

Only post Filia, Cerebella, Peacock, Parasoul, Ms. Fortune and Painwheel colors, you guys. :eng101:

Oh, and I RESPECT that "Buggy the Clown" Ms. Fortune.

Hello, former lurker here. Just thought I'd tell you guys I've been having my bud A.K. post my palettes for me since I was too shy to sign up myself. But here's a few more I've done in my spare time. I'm posting mostly links though since I have quite a few =/ Hopefully the filenames are enough for you.

Filia

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/553/eria.png

Painwheel

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9328/demonr.png

Peacock

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6564/hiimdaisy.png

Cerebella

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3558/terriermon.png

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9379/lopmon.png

and a couple original ones for Peacock:

pinkconcept.png

yellowconcept.png

I think I'll just work on original palettes from here on since I'm running out of cameo ideas anyways.

Yeah i like that terriermon one as well.

I've created a large colourmap for Parasoul, but it's imperfect. At this moment in time you can't just fill in each section and it will work since it looks fine while they are different colours, but when you switch it too the same colour (like skin for example) you can see where the two sections overlap. So at the moment its just used for reference and not something you can work on. What i would have to do is on each section that overlaps i would have to go pixel by pixel and make sure they don't overlap. I might do that later unless there is a better way of doing it.

http://i.imgur.com/qRDTU.png

Here's how it looks at the moment anyway. You can still see some discrepancies and some cleanup still needs to be done apart from the overlapping sections.

If you don't want overlapping sections, make each changeable section it's own layer, then color lock it. Doing this will allow you to color each section without it bleeding into the other sections or even crossing over the line art, that's what we do for our colormaps.

If you don't want overlapping sections, make each changeable section it's own layer, then color lock it. Doing this will allow you to color each section without it bleeding into the other sections or even crossing over the line art, that's what we do for our colormaps.

I have all the sections separated into layers but was is colour locking and can you do it in gimp?

I haven't used gimp in years so my knowledge might be incorrect, but there should be an icon above the layers window and one of them should lock the transparency.

Okay, you guys. Don't rip on my photoshop skills, because I'm so free to it, so look at these as a "rough draft concept." Anywho, I had to show my "potential Mahvel 2" team in Skullgirls:

Filia as Swagneto, Painwheel as Swagorm, and Cerebella as Sentinel.

We don't know too much about Painwheel, but she was compared as a aerial dominance character and like Sentinel, but I figured the heavy hitter should be 50Sent while the flight character could be Ms. Hoh hoh hoh.

Oh yeah, I know that "Storm" color scheme is her Marvel 3 one, also known as her original look, but I figured she would have a random plain white color scheme. :toot:

I almost thought that there's something wrong with the Sentinel palette, but then I remembered that the mango palette is not the default one. Silly me.

Somebody brought up Touhou in the general-discussion thread at SRK, and someone else posted a video of the fighting-game spinoff... at which point yet another someone suggested that Bloody Marie get a few references to that game. Me, I was thinking that in the event Marie gets color swaps, she really needs a Sakuya palette.

SakuyaSWR.png

post-24426-139515164479_thumb.jpg