Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CT] Bang Begginners Guide to Manliness

I have a question for you Bang players. How does shuriken iwakame work? I see Dora lock down with regular shuriken then go straight into the umbrella super, and it always hits. It's not high because it's projectile, and it's not an unblockable as far as I can tell. What do you guys confirm there exactly? Thank you.

Dora hits it after catching a tech with a D nail. Personally, every time I try to hit confirm nail > umbrella super, I screw up the input. Stupid 360 pad.

I know that's when he inputs it, but why does the super hit them at all? All it should do is lock them there right? That's what I don't understand.

That Furinkazan midscreen 2B, 9-dash, j.4C, 3-dash loop is hot. Shame that it only works on Tager, v-13, and Arakune. Good find.

Now don't get me wrong; it's a hot combo. But when it only works on two out of three characters you really don't want to furinkazan against, the celebration ends abruptly. Until we can figure out how to successfully furinkazan against projectile spammers, that is. :grin:

What do some of u guys press to set up the poison nail throw in the air combo bc i cant seem to get high enough to throw it....also can someone post the commands for that 10 stars combo video it opened my eyes to the potential bang has still learning thanks guys!

Now don't get me wrong; it's a hot combo. But when it only works on two out of three characters you really don't want to furinkazan against, the celebration ends abruptly.

Until we can figure out how to successfully furinkazan against projectile spammers, that is. :grin:

erm, you can blockstring > frkz > 6 crossup > 5C overhead into it. It doesn't just start from 2B. You can blockstring > frkz > 9 j.C for an overhead into the landing 2B as well.

Hell with 50% heat you can do the 4 seal 2D > J.D > Webnail > J.D > Webnail > 5.D > J.B > J. B > J.C, land, pop frkz as they recover, and get a crossup 5c overhead, crossup 2b, or 9 dash j.C and end a match against Nu Ragna Tager or Arakune. I think you guys assume that when you pop frkz you're always at a disadvantage, which is not correct. You can pop it in situations where you're guaranteed some sort of mixup, whether it leads into the loop or not is situational and depends on the opponents reaction time. A nu spamming projectiles on wakeup wont hit a bang that's A: Too close for anything to hit him and B: Dashing behind her. And arakune? lol, what's he supposed to do when he's recovering on the ground after a 4 seal?

And it also works against Ragna.

What do some of u guys press to set up the poison nail throw in the air combo bc i cant seem to get high enough to throw it....also can someone post the commands for that 10 stars combo video it opened my eyes to the potential bang has still learning thanks guys!

By the key legend, all these combos are done from the left side, with bang facing right. (1p side)

The first combo (non bang install): 2D > J.D > Webnail > J.D > Webnail > 5.D > J.B > J. B > J.C

The first combo (nezu loop): 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 Bumper dash > 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 Bumper dash > 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 bumper dash > 5c > 9 dash > 3 bumper dash > 2a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 bumper dash > 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 bumper dash > 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > 3 bumper dash > 5a > 5b > 2b > 2c

The second combo is the previous combo on a blocking opponent, which causes guard crushes. Adjust to the pushback and remove 5a or 5b as needed to stay in line with the bumper dashes.

The third combo (corner): 2d > 8 dash > j.B > j.D > 2 dash > 6A(dashcancel) > 6C > 8 dash > j.B > j.D > 1 Dash > Webnail > land > 2363214C distortion

The fourth combo (Midscreen): Throw > Throw hit connects > 6 dash > j.B > (Dash towards opponent, either 6 or 4 depending on which way the j.B hit them) > j.D > land > 2b(dash cancel6) > 6C > 9 dash > j.B > 9 dash > j.D

The fifth combo (Corner): Throw > Throw hit connects > 6 dash > j.B > 6 dash > j.D > land > 2b(dashcancel6) > 6C > 8 dash > j.B > j.D > 1 dash > webnail > land > 2363214C distortion

The sixth combo (Tager only, midscreen or corner): 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > j.A > j.B > land> 5a > 5b > 2b > 9 dash > j.A > j.B > land > 5a > 5b > 2b > 6 dash > 623C command throw

The seventh combo (Midscreen, works on more than just tager but the timing is ridiculous):

2D > 9 dash > j.B > 7 dash > j.D > 2 dash > 6 dash (cancel midway) > 6A (dash cancel) > 6C > 9 dash > j.B > 7 dash > j.D > webnail > land > 23263214C distortion.

The eighth combo (Tager specific version): 2b > 9 dash > j.4C (Unlike the loop on ragna arakune and v-13, you hold 4 in the air for the j.4C to come out) > 1 dash > land > 2b > 9 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > land > 2b > 9 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2b > 9 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2B > 2363214C Distortion

The ninth combo on Nu: 2b > 9 dash > j.4C (you HAVE to hold 6 during the j.C for it to come out as j.4C, even though you don't really cross them up) 3 dash > land > 2b > 7 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2b > 9 dash > j.4C > 3 dash > 2b > 7 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2b > 2363214C Distortion

That's all of them, there may be an error or two, didn't double check and I'm pretty tired.

I'm aware of the options presented by furinkazan; Dora's the reason I decided to play Bang. 2B xx frkz leaves you at +17 max, with a dash after leaving you at +1. I'm not saying that when you bust frkz out you're always at a disadvantage, but the actual window you have is rather small. And I couldn't get it to work on Ragna. Guess I need to be faster with the input then.

A nu spamming projectiles on wakeup wont hit a bang that's A: Too close for anything to hit him and B: Dashing behind her.

:vbang:

O RLY?

I accidentally found a tech trap today while practicing a combo on Tager. After the first 6C, j. D of Bang's BnB on Tager, if you jump up and then 236C the nail will hit Tager during the vulnerable part of his backwards recovery roll. I tested it on Ragna and Hakumen since 6C, j.D is used for their BnB also and it works. You can land a free super afterward.

I'll probably make a video of the thousand tech traps bang has at some point, there's so many, bang's really freestyle with purposely dropping combos. Situationally: 5a > 5b > 2b > 6C (on litchi) > you can 9 jump cancel the 6C, allow a tech, while falling command throw, this is on a forward tech. On a backwards tech (on litchi): 5a>5b>2b>6C > 9 jump cancel the 6C, pause, air dash 623C catches the backwards tech. On a neutral tech (on litchi): 5a>5b>2b>6c > 9 jump cancel the 6C, air dash (pretty much, do an iad instead of a jump cancel from the 6C) > 623C catches neutral tech. Furthermore, if you go for the neutral tech (iading the 6c) and they back tech, you can drive nail instead of 623c, the bounce either forces them to block, or dash over you. Either way it continues pressure and they're running.

Situationally:

5a > 5b > 2b > 6C (on litchi) > you can 9 jump cancel the 6C, allow a tech, while falling command throw, this is on a forward tech.

On a backwards tech (on litchi):

5a>5b>2b>6C > 9 jump cancel the 6C, pause, air dash 623C catches the backwards tech.

On a neutral tech (on litchi):

5a>5b>2b>6c > 9 jump cancel the 6C, air dash (pretty much, do an iad instead of a jump cancel from the 6C) > 623C catches neutral tech.

for all those setups: after you hit with 6C, dj.D, \/, you can do: 2B,623B, d.6C - couldn't you do the tech trap at this point as well? that way you get a lot more damage. (note: im note 100% sure 2B, 623B is guaranteed vs. litchi)

The ninth combo on Nu: 2b > 9 dash > j.4C (you HAVE to hold 6 during the j.C for it to come out as j.4C, even though you don't really cross them up) 3 dash > land > 2b > 7 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2b > 9 dash > j.4C > 3 dash > 2b > 7 dash > j.4C > 1 dash > 2b > 2363214C Distortion

That's all of them, there may be an error or two, didn't double check and I'm pretty tired.

actually you can also hold 3, plus it gives you the 3 dash

for all those setups: after you hit with 6C, dj.D, \/, you can do: 2B,623B, d.6C - couldn't you do the tech trap at this point as well? that way you get a lot more damage. (note: im note 100% sure 2B, 623B is guaranteed vs. litchi)

Yes, you can do that combo into the tech traps as well.

Edit:

Well my hands hurt like hell now, but I got some pretty tech traps on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Su9_NfCJio

Added hype at the end.

Yes, you can do that combo into the tech traps as well.

Edit:

Well my hands hurt like hell now, but I got some pretty tech traps on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Su9_NfCJio

Added hype at the end.

Hmm, I honestly think that you should go for a tech trap after most of your combos just try to get your enemy into a habit of not teching everything, then maybe we would have to start using invalid combos? Bang's mixup is too good :D

Though I think it would also be a good idea to add a 214a/b/c/d after a j.623C to add more mixup possibilities.

Updated with basic framedata, and a slew of random fixings and additions here and there.

i think a nice addition to the attack list would be heat gain as well.

I'll work on that tonight.

I'll work on that tonight.

Yeah I would do it too, but I have limited access to my XBOX since my brother is a dick and bitches about me playing :/. And I can't access it late-night, but w/e.

10stars, you using the 360 or PS3? I might want to play you when I get my VGA cord.

Yeah I would do it too, but I have limited access to my XBOX since my brother is a dick and bitches about me playing :/. And I can't access it late-night, but w/e.

10stars, you using the 360 or PS3? I might want to play you when I get my VGA cord.

The ps3 I'm using right now isn't mine, so I can't add people. And I'm on a pad atm -.- After playing BB for 7 months in the arcade I can't make the execution change to a pad very well.

Updated with basic framedata, and a slew of random fixings and additions here and there.

Can we get some backdash frame data? I want to know how many frames his is / how many frames of immunity bang has. It sure as hell isn't V-13s backdash, but I've avoided a few things with it.

Edit, didn't realize it was a double post.