Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

5C,2C,2D,j.D is really nice. i started a char specific list a while ago, i forgot about it ^^ tagerm corner: 5C,2C,2D,j.D,j.2369C,\/,5C,5D,sj.C: 2884 damage, 3 seals against ragna: 2D instead of 5D at the end tao, noel: doesnt work at all v-13, arakune, bang: no 3-seal, but you can do 2B,6C,sj.B,j.C air combo after j.D. carl: no 3-seal, no j.B

Out of curiosity, what does everyone do off of a 5c hit in the corner? I've been messing around with combos but i want to see if they add up to the damage that everyone else is already getting.

I usually do something along to lines of 5C -> 2C -> Super, or 5C -> 2C -> 6D followed up with fireknuckle or jump into whatever since they all end with pressure resets

One of my favorite tricks is 5C -> 2C -> 6D -> Empty jump -> 623C

how do you end with a normal jump during furinkazan? i've seen it done before but after all 3 jumps he just falls down.

I was actually wondering about this myself.

After 5C in the corner I do 2C, 2D, j. D, 2B, 6C, ender. Against Hakumen and Arakune you can do j. B, j.C xx 623B.

against ragna:

2D instead of 5D at the end

I didn't know that. Nice.

the combo vs. ragna & haku is: 5C,2C,2D, j.D,j.2369C, \/,2D, sj.C -> 2696 damage, 3 seals, 1 shuri. tiny little bit more damage than 5D, and it feels easier (at least for me).

the combo vs. ragna is:

5C,2C,2D, j.D,j.2369C, \/,2D, sj.C -> 2696 damage, 3 seals, 1 shuri.

Ohhh. I thought you meant you could do 5C and then 2D at the end of the combo.

Ohhh. I thought you meant you could do 5C and then 2D the end of the combo.

sorry, no =( that would be cool as hell. my notes resemble those of a mad scientist at times, i apologise

All right, well they're pretty useful. Anything off of 6b? Against Noel and Taokaka: 5c > 623b > 5a > 5b > j.a > j.a > j.b > dj.b > dj.c 2697 damage, 0 seals, lands you with a 50/50 though Off of 6b midscreen: 6b RC > 2b > 623b > dash > 2b > 6c > j.c 3183 damage. Works on everyone besides Carl and V-13 I believe, double check and correct me if I'm wrong. Note: j.b > j.c can be used after the 6c if it's against Noel. 6b corner/midscreen: 6b RC > 2b > 623b > 2b > 623b > 2363214C 100% heat, 5053 damage. ONLY WORKS IN CORNERS AGAINST Taokaka and Rachel. NOTE: this combo works midscreen on everyone besides Carl, Bang, and V-13! You have to dash 2b to get the second one out midscreen though. Bigger note: You can remove the second 2b > 623b on V-13 and Bang then get the distortion out for a total of 4986 damage. 6b corner: 6b rc > 2b > 623b > insert height specific combo for character. Note that off of this combo you lose your corner, but you gain 50/50 anyway. Example: On hakumen, arakune, jin, ragna, tager in the corner: 6b rc > 2b > 623b > 5b > 2b > 6c > j.c > on the way down low to the ground air dash > high/low mixup during on their recovery. Also does 3393 damage. On Rachel and Taokaka, omit the 5b after the 623b, just do 623b > 2b. 3183 damage On Bang, Noel, and Litchi: 6b rc > 2b > 623b > 5a > 5b > j.a > j.b > dj.b > dj.c 3256 damage. On V-13 and Carl: If your spaced a little far away from them, you can 6b rc > immediate 236c > land > 2d > j.b > dj.b > dj.c for 2714 damage and one nail, with another mixup because of the recovery. If you do not have a nail, just do 6b rc > land > 2b > 6c > j.c, it's your only option without that nail. 2455 damage.

Off of 6b midscreen: 6b RC > 2b > 623b > dash > 2b > 6c > j.c 3183 damage. Works on everyone besides Carl and V-13 I believe, double check and correct me if I'm wrong. Note: j.b > j.c can be used after the 6c if it's against Noel.

that one was in the BnB combo list already in a more or less universal form (i left out the 2B). i will check it out and correct the list & add your other variations (corner etc), thx

btw: why aren't you posting this in the combo thread? ^^

that one was in the BnB combo list already in a more or less universal form (i left out the 2B). i will check it out and correct the list & add your other variations (corner etc), thx

btw: why aren't you posting this in the combo thread? ^^

I'm very tired, and looking at both of the threads i forgot this is the execeution help thread. Imo, they should be merged to remove any confusion, posting in the combo thread now though.

6B rc, 2B xx 623B, d. 2B xx 623, d. 6C xx 623B, 2C Doesn't work on the smaller characters. I don't really do it that much since people don't block 5C correctly. Until people start blocking that overhead or I play someone who blocks it and punishes, I'll just keep doing 5C xx 2363214C.

6B rc, 2B xx 623B, d. 2B xx 623, d. 6C xx 623B, 2C

Doesn't work on the smaller characters. I don't really do it that much since people don't block 5C correctly. Until people start blocking that overhead or I play someone who blocks it and punishes, I'll just keep doing 5C xx 2363214C.

You're playing people online, stray away from 5c distortion if you go to a tournament.

Also, I like popping it when an attack is coming that I can guard point immediately. Mostly mids with bad downtime like ragnas 214a. Pop it and 6d > combo for very angry opponents.

that's a pretty nice idea, 6D as a first hit in FRKZ is quite deadly. -> dash cancel 5D, j.D, j.D, 2B,6C, j.B, j.D, 2C -> brutal damage.

another question about 5C 623B 2B 623B super when you say well timed dash, do you mean that you dont dash right after you recover from the 623B?

that's a pretty nice idea, 6D as a first hit in FRKZ is quite deadly. -> dash cancel 5D, j.D, j.D, 2B,6C, j.B, j.D, 2C -> brutal damage.

You can milk more damage out of that with a distortion too. But yeah, if you see a slow starting low or mid move and you can frkz, it's pretty good.

another question about 5C 623B 2B 623B super

when you say well timed dash, do you mean that you dont dash right after you recover from the 623B?

What i mean by well timed dash, is that you can't mash the dash out, alot of people trying it are mashing 6666666666 to try and get the dash out as soon as possible, I haven't been able to get it by mashing forward, i've only gotten it from 63 inputs. The only real point in the dash is so you can get the sliding effect on 2b, you really only need to move forward by the size of bang, the range on 2b does the rest.

a FRKZ setup i like is doing throw then poison nail because you land right next to them, going into FRKZ makes them take the full dmg of the poison nail and you also can go for mixups (since your right next to them).

btw: using this method, i often get accidental A Teleport - button priority seems to be A-B-C-D. if you press ABC exactly at the same time, A teleport will come out.

Just press your extra inputs before the 4th frame (where the point guard begins) and you won't get a teleport.

let's assume you are blocking a rush, and try to sneak in a 5D - if you miss the 5D entirely (too early), then input BC, you might eat a counter hit. If you input 5D, 1+A+B+C you make double sure that nothing bad happens.

btw: using this method, i often get accidental A Teleport - button priority seems to be A-B-C-D. if you press ABC exactly at the same time, A teleport will come out.

slide input is possible - input C~B or B~C, however, this will not trigger barrier if you add an "A" to the second input - if you do that, a throw will come out instead of barrier. so you have to use the B~C or C~B input during the recovery of a drive.

Can you do it without an accidental Rapid Cancel? That's what I'd assume would happen.

A+B+C+attack = RC.

Can you do it without an accidental Rapid Cancel? That's what I'd assume would happen.

A+B+C+attack = RC.

yeah, you have to do it right after the D input.

Sorry that was a really stupid answer with no explanation.

Rapid cancels in Blazblue work the same way roman cancels work in Guilty gear. If your move is not blocked or does not hit, you can not rapid cancel it. So if you input it before it connects, hit or block, it will not cause a rapid cancel.

yeah, you have to do it right after the D input.

Sorry that was a really stupid answer with no explanation.

Rapid cancels in Blazblue work the same way roman cancels work in Guilty gear. If your move is not blocked or does not hit, you can not rapid cancel it. So if you input it before it connects, hit or block, it will not cause a rapid cancel.

Actually, I recognized that, thankfully. However, if I'm trying to not RC, don't I not want to hit? That's the whole point, correct? Drive attack gets grabbed, and THEN I 1+A+B+C?

Actually, I recognized that, thankfully. However, if I'm trying to not RC, don't I not want to hit? That's the whole point, correct? Drive attack gets grabbed, and THEN I 1+A+B+C?

No, you do it in advance, if you do 2d then immediately after 1+A+B+C, you do 1+A+B+C in the startup frames, so if you're thrown you immediately break it. And that way if something happens and it clashes, if you HOLD 1+A+B+C when you hit it earlier, you'll get a low barrier block.

And no, let me try to make it easier:

2d has a startup of 27 frames, on frame 6 you will start auto guarding high and mid attacks, from frame 6 to 16, your move is not yet active because you are guard pointing. From 16-27 your move still is not active because the move is still starting up. On frame 27, when his fist actually goes up and he makes a strike, is the first frame that you can rapid cancel on hit and block.

So pretty much, you have to input 1+A+B+C within 6 frames of the move in order to not get a teleport if you guard point something. And in order to get a throw break, teleport or not, you have frame 1-26 to input 1+A+B+C.

This is you wanting the move to hit, but being fast enough to counter early throw attempts. If you hit 1+A+B+C after you've been thrown, you cant break it. It's an advanced throw, prior to it happening, with an 11 frame window.

I'm guessing this would go in this thread. How does teching work in this game? Do I need to mash buttons to recover faster? Is there any guide or recommendation when I should or shouldn't tech? Is it recommended to let myself hit the ground sometimes? As I am right now I have no idea how I should tech or how I can use it to my advantage, as I always seem to get caught right in another combo when I do, yet the few times Ive fallen to the floor, I get swept into another combo. Any tips of any kind?

Even though this match is pretty much garbage, it's a display of why online play sucks, and why i have no match videos so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqj6a4gzN2I

I'll record some of me and LKs games the next time he comes over. Hopefully; before he goes to Japan.

Edit: Sure as hell not LK, but litchi match anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0asbHBsbkKE

Either mashers or blockers :\

Even though this match is pretty much garbage, it's a display of why online play sucks

a display of why random matchmaking sucks as opposed to contacting people elsewhere and setting up matches ^^

but yeah, for some reason the ukemi is so weird to some people that i've even seen players who are good in other games mash attacks after quick recovery, it's equally funny and sad.