Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Hibiki Kohaku General Discussion Thread

BBCF_Header_General_Discussion.png

General Discussion Rules
  • Remember to keep the discussion Hibiki and gameplay related. 
  • Discussion about specific matches and players is fine too.

Updated the Hibiki wiki with all of the information we have so far, had to use the Japanese names of his moves, if anyone wants to translate them to English I'd appreciate it. 

Gameplay Discussion Rules

• Remember to keep the discussion Hibiki and gameplay related. 
  • Discussion about specific matches and players is fine too.

But please don't erase the japanese names, you can put both.

That also pertains to Hibiki's wiki. 

And I'll just keep the JP names then, would look too cluttered if both were on there.

Hibiki gameplay breakdown

A few things I want to note: 

• @16:12 5BB > 2BB > 5BB > 3C > 214C is possible, believe they're saying his B normals are revolver action.
  • @18:44 it appears possible to cancel j.2D into j.C on hit or whiff.
  • @19:10 OD 5D > 5D connects, the second 5D crumpled the opponent: so 5D > 5D > 5D may not be possible. 
  • @19:20 5C > 5D connected, 5D also crumples the opponent here.
  • @20:23 236A > A seems to be plus on block, since Jin got CH'd trying to mash.
  • @20:50 236A > B is an overhead, but punishable on block.
  • @22:11 236A > D is Fatal Counter.
  • @26:54 623146D was not fast to catch Jin in his 236A animation full screen.
  • I also noticed that clones don't have a set position, they adjust to the opponents location, so I can imagine using 5D or 2D after 214C could prevent any rolls or delay techs. 

34 minutes ago, Frost Monarch said:

Hibiki gameplay breakdown

A few things I want to note: 

• @16:12 5BB > 2BB > 5BB > 3C > 214C is possible, believe they're saying his B normals are revolver action.
  • @18:44 it appears possible to cancel j.2D into j.C on hit or whiff.
  • @19:10 OD 5D > 5D connects, the second 5D crumpled the opponent: so 5D > 5D > 5D may not be possible. 
  • @19:20 5C > 5D connected, 5D also crumples the opponent here.
  • @20:23 236A > A seems to be plus on block, since Jin got CH'd trying to mash.
  • @20:50 236A > B is an overhead, but punishable on block.
  • @22:11 236A > D is Fatal Counter.
  • @26:54 623146D was not fast to catch Jin in his 236A animation full screen.
  • I also noticed that clones don't have a set position, they adjust to the opponents location, so I can imagine using 5D or 2D after 214C could prevent any rolls or delay techs. 
On 6/9/2015 12:43:10 a., Frost Monarch said:
On 6/9/2015 12:43:10 a., Frost Monarch said:

Updated the Hibiki wiki with all of the information we have so far, had to use the Japanese names of his moves, if anyone wants to translate them to English I'd appreciate it. 

I didn't know that 236AD was a counter attack until now, and FCs, OMG.

214A and 214B look ambiguous, but easy to backdash it.

The 623C has a very short hitbox, very unsafe I think.

Lots of information + Rough Notes/Observations on Hibiki Kohaku by [xLittleLucifer]
*Last time published 03/09/2015, If you plan on using hibiki give this a read*
*Updated 16/11/15 : Cleaned it & Added a couple more of useful information in mostly every Area, Nothing has really changed much in the past loketest only Input change J.214A Everything else is still the same*
*Thing will keep changing by the mean of the new information coming in but right now this is all I know & Have to offer*
*If you have any Frame Date on his normals, Special Moves, Ect. Let me know it will really help Thank you & Hope you like it.

Movement Options -
Overall Speed : Fast
Dash : Run-Type
Jump : 2
Air-Dash : 1
Back-dash : Fast & Short distance Similar to Taokaka
Other Mobility Options : Clones.

Health -
[9,500] #RIP

Play-Style : Balanced, Rush-Down, Mix-up, Trickster.
•[Will require a Lot of Footsie, Yomi & Good Control over the Clones in general]

-Normals : Reminder Most of his B normal have a 2nd part to them Ex. 4B>B, 6B>B, Ect.
•[They're Fast-Short Range Normals]
•[Most of his B normals have good recovery on whiff & Are not that - on block I would say around -2 to -6 as much for B's]
•[They have Revolver Action Example : 5BB>2BB>5BB]
•[5C, 2C, 6B & 3C are his Longest Normal & His clone being the longest Reach]

-2B>B :
[Two Low hits, It's two hits close to the ground, good for punishing Rolls & back-dashes thanks to the slight movement it does one the 2nd hit, 1st hit has short range 2nd hit has decent range + The slight forward movement, Has a low profile so I can probably go under some projectiles/Moves]

-4B>B :
[1st hit is a Overhead, Decent Speed, Has decent range, Can be used from 5A/2A]

-5B>B :
[Your standard Combo started normal, The range is Short, Mostly used as a combo started and Used as a filler in pressure, Can Jump cancel it on hit, Don't know if you can Jump cancel it on block tho haven't seen any of his normal be able to Jump cancel them on block only his A's & J.C]

-6B>B :
[1st Hit has nice range & It get's him off the ground which give him a small inv. window to grabs, 1st hit Will slam the opponent to the ground if Airborne [No ground bounce after] but can still keep combo-ing, 2nd hit Will force the opponent to ground bounce [Even if standing] can combo after, also for the 2nd hit to combo on ground opponent they must be crouching unless You go from a raw 5B[CH]>6BB, -Major role in his combos-]

-6A : [Interesting Normal]
[Throws a Blade diagonally to the Floor, It's a Low, + on Block, Staggers on CH, it Can OTG, Will probably be used as a combo filler, Can be used to punish rolls but he has other options that are better Imo]

-2C :
[Anti-Air, It's fast & You can Jump Cancel it on hit, Really nice Diagonal Hitbox Ground-to-air, Used a lot in combos]

-5C :
[One of his Longest Reach normals in his Kit, Has a Huge Hitbox in-front of him so it Can be used to stop approaches close to the ground, Jump cancel-able on hit]

-3C :
[Universal Knockdown, Has nice range, Has a low Profile so It can probably go under some projectiles/Moves, it's a low.]

-6C :
[Does 3 slash in which from the 2nd to 3rd He start leaving the ground while Launching the opponent to the air on the 3rd hit He hits them away, Will wall stick if close to the Corner, On mid-screen they will be launch away then slide a little on the ground, It's a FC on CH, If it FC in mid-screen they won't slide anymore instead they will wall bounce can follow up after, Despite the start up it Can be linked into Example 5C>6C, On the last hit you'll end up in the air so you can just Jump-Cancel it after on whiff]

-J.B>B :
[Um again your standard normal I guess, nothing really special about it, The range is short, Mostly used in combos, After the 2nd hit J.C will most likely have a chance to miss depending on the hitbox]

-J.C : [The God]
[A Fast move & One of his strong normals on his kit when used correctly, Jump Cancel-able both on Hit & Block, Hits both behind him & In Front so it's good for punish rolls & It can be used to Oki or OS after a Knockdown, Fast Fall speed, Good for Cross-up, Nice horizontal Hit-box, Overall a good normal worthy of being respected]

-Crush Trigger
[Does an Axe Kick, The range it's really short so it can easily miss by being pushed by Barrier, It's Fast so it can be used to combo [Will most likely be used more for combos] only route I've seen so far is 5C>3C>CT It will ground bounce on Airborne opponents [Similar to jin & Carl CT] & Can combo after.]

-OverDrive
[Haven't seen it be used correctly in action, All I know is that it speeds up the clones, Increases hitstun & Recovery of the clone after it hits, so overall helping him in neutral & Creating new combo routes]

-Throws
[Both Forward & Backward throws can be combo out off, Can pull off decent Dmg out of them around 2k to 2.7k]

-Drive : Double Chase
•[2D can be use to evade some projectile's/Moves in general but it requires timing]
•[This will be your tool to move around the map along with his Dash/Air-Dashes]
•[Can be used to close the gap/distance really quick]
•[The will travel until they come in contact with the opponent or until they reach their maximum set range or If The bushin or You get Hit]
•[You can replace yourself with the clones by pressing [6D or 3D]
•[They're pretty un-safe in general, when used in block string make sure not to do Raw D's with out nothing to back it up in pressure]
•[The Drive can be Follow up with Normals | Special Moves | DD after Hit or Block]
•[J.D's stall your movement & Come out way slower than the Grounds D's]

-5D : [Sends the clone Forward doing a Horizontal Slash] 
Will travel 3/4 of the Screen so it has decent Far reach, Fastest Clone out of all of them, Can be used to close gaps quickly, One of his best tools to play neutral with.

-J.5D : [Sends the clone Forward in the Air doing a Horizontal Slash]
Will travel 2/4 of the Screen, Can be used to get out of the corner in some situations, It stalls your Air movement, It comes out Slower than the Ground Clones, Can be used in neutral to control the screen but It's really risky.

-J.2D : [Sends clone Diagonally from Air-to-ground doing a Diagonal Slash]
Will travel 2/4 of the screen. Will force ground bounce on hit & Can Follow up after, It Stalls your Air movement so it Can be used to punish from Air-to-Ground or to Punish Early | Bait Anti-Airs. Can be used to control the screen in neutral but again its quite risky, If you cancel it before the attack animation comes out it can be used as a Quick Air-drop it's not really fast but still a useful trick.

-2D : [Teleports & Comes out from the ground doing an upward slash]
It's a FC, Will travel 3/4 of the Screen, Can't be hit once you start traveling since he is basically teleporting [or To be more expecific moving through a thin shadow in the ground] from one location to another not like his other Drives where the bushin is expose, It's - on block, Can be used to dodge some Projectiles/Special Moves/DD/Normals/Ect. but it will require timing. Can combo after it hits. The speed is decent not as fast as his 5D tho. Decent tool when fighting Zoners.

-Special Moves :

•236A/A/B/C/D : [A really versatile tool, It goes from Combo | Pressure | Yomi Punish.]
*He will Hop a short distance forward in which then you can do either one of the 4 options down below, If you don't pick any he will Just Hop the same distance as he normally would until he hits the ground [No Landing recovery after if no action was pick], They all travel the Same Distance, Travel distance similar to Amanes A version Zettou which is Short, Will end up crossing up if close to the opponent*

-[A] Hop Air-Dagger throw : Hops to the Air Throwing 3 Daggers to the ground, seem + on block, The opponent will bounce a little then stick to the ground on Air CH, Does not have landing recovery can move immediately after touching the ground so It looks like it Can be used to Oki/Pressure/Cross up with but it is not safe to Wake up Dp's/DD. Will stall the hop movement.]

- Hop Air-Sword Slash : Hops to the air Doing a Vertical Sword Swing below him, It's - on block if the opponent blocks it you'll be stuck in recovery frames until you hit the ground so using it at the last frames of the hop will make it safer not + or anything but definetly harder to punish, It a Over-Head, It will Cross up most of the time if close to the opponent, On hit it will force the opponent to Ground Bounce, Can be combo after.]

-[C] Hop Air-Command grab : Hops to the Air doing a short reach Command grab [A.K.A Izuna Drop], It won't hit unless the opponent is in the air, Can be used to punish people from Jumping out of your pressure, It can be combo into usually 2C into it, Offers nice Knockdown after it hits, Can Oki after, This can be use as a Another option to end Air-combos.]

-[D] Hop Air Counter : It's a counter, He will hop forward within the full duration of the hop you can activate the counter at any time you want, The duration of the Counter is small I would say 2~4 frames active so its not smart to Just throw out there, if they hit the counter Hibiki disappear & Re-appear Rotating his Blades in your direction[Like Levi vs Female Titan] then you will be launched away & bounce to the wall if you're near it, If he is not -Hit- within the duration of the counter then he will Just fall for the rest of the duration of the hop, Has a lil landing recovery so it's pretty risky, I recommend you only use this when you can Yomi the opponent, Usually on wake up dp's/DD.]

*Tip - Activating 236A[A]/ at the last frames of the Hop will make it harder to punish by reducing the time it takes to touch the ground specially with , also You can use 236A[A]/ after a hard knockdown to pressure/Oki, If you see that the opponent starts to dp every time on wake up make him respect it by punishing him with 236A[D] Instead, that way he will have to guess twice before dp'ing, this is one of his good tricks if you can Yomi.

•214A/B/[D]: [A Good tool to use in neutral]
*He stops & launches him self forward doing either a Over-head or Low depending on the input, Keep in mind that A/B the moves it self -will go through the opponent- if you're too close [Like 5A range kind of close] but this will happen only in Mid-screen , You can be hit once you start traveling, but you Have a small Inv. frame window at the Start up of the move so it can pretty much dodge some moves if timed correctly, Really nice tool to 50/50 with after you knock them down since the opponent will have to decide from Over-head | Low | Cancel into Grab, Ect. It has nice recovery if it whiffs, It's slightly - on Block so it's hard to punish if you're not paying attention, 

-[D] Cancel : It will cancel it even if A/B is about to reach the opponent as long as it doesn't hit it will return you to the start position but it will still launch the two mirage of the clones they won't hit obviously, You can immediately move after]

-[A] Over Head Kick : covers a pretty far distance like 2/4 of the screen [probably more], Can be Followed up if hits, Can dodge some Mid/Low moves since he leaves the ground, It's a Overhead.]

- Slide Low Kick : Covers the same distance [Again it could be a little bit more], Can Followed up after it hits, Has a nice low-Profile Hit-box since it Slides really close to the ground so it looks like it can be used to dodge some moves or Go under some projectiles , You get a nice knockdown if you decide not to combo, It's a low]

*Tip - 214A/B can also be used after a Hard Knockdown to oki/Pressure [a strong 50/50], also 214A/B[D] could also be used to bait wake up dp's but like I said requiers you to be good at Yomi-ing is way safer than 236A[D] That's for sure*

•j.214A :
-[Dive-Move, Your standard combo ender for Air combos, Offers nice knockdown can oki after, Has a little bit of recovery after he lands.]

•214C :
-[He will dashes in & stab the opponent launching them Upwards & away from you, Usually used to end short ground combos in mid-screen & It offers really nice Knockdown, Can Oki after, You can use :
[66]6A/[66]2BB/[66]j.C/5D to punish rolls in Mid-screen since the distance he makes after launching them away is a lil big giving the opportunity for the opponent to be able to roll so it will be rather difficult to punish rolls sometimes in Mid-screen but in the corner you gucci, It can't be followed up in mid-screen unless you rapid it, but in the corner it Can be follow up with no need of a rapid, It's - on Block but it looks like it's just slightly, plus it has nice push back on block it]

•214D :
-[Does the animation of 214C but fakes it & Teleport behind the opponent which he will then do a Upward Slash Launching them up, It Can be followed up after it hits no need for rapid, Really good for cross up & to play with your opponents mind, If they block it you're fucked cause it's pretty - on block]

*Tip - This is a really nice cross up tool, It could be used against some one who is waking up or doing a combo & Then doing 214D to drop the combo & catch them off guard & Reset the combo.

•623C :
-[Can't combo after even if its counter hit unless you rapid, Un-safe if you whiff as usual with DPs]

-Distortion Drives :

•[632146D : He tracks the opponent & then falls from the sky, Really Bad recovery frames if it get's blocked  so it's not safe, but it has decent Inv frames on start up & Has a fast Start up, plus He tracks & appears above the opponent so it's hard to punish, Mostly used as a combo ender & As a reversal To quickly punish from far away.]

•[632146C : He Throws his 2 Blades Forward, It can be combo into, Distance they travel ; it looks like its full screen, If it get's block you can be punish depending on the distance You & Your opponent have So it's probably + if you don't throw them right in his face, If they hit he'll do Multiple hits [Attack on Titan Mode], It has Inv. Frames on start up ; but He can be hit once he throws them. Can be used as a reversal or combo ender]

You may have to correct me on this one, but I think these are the correct normal inputs.

Midscreen:

214D > 2C > 5D > 6BB > 5C > j.BB > [DJ] > j.B > j.C > j.214A (3.1k)

From 5:11 and 2:54 of the loketest matches.

Heh, I feel like it's way too early for this. Anyway, the preview video made him look pretty fun to play. More hype, always good.

236A[D] is a FC? That's great. If we can get a good combo off of it in the corner, that should make people think hard about whether they should press buttons on wakeup or not against the hop. The hop itself seems really good as oki. 236A[A] should catch forward rolls, and it's + on block which is even better (or is + enough). The B version crosses up if close enough, which also seems cool, and the C version will catch people jumping. It's never super easy to bait these things, but I'd love to abuse this sort of thing if I ever caught on to my opponent's habits.

We just kind of have to wait for arcade release before seeing anything solid. I want to see 214A/B/D mind games put to use.

From taking a glance at the Evernote I can pull out 2C > Exceed Accel connects, and his OD routes consist of: 5B > ODC > 5B > 5C > 5D (6D) > 6C > j.6D > 2C > 236A[C]

Zekuso's analysis of Hibiki: 

Hibiki
Rating: 7

Has many different specials with well-defined uses, making of him a rather easy to play character. At first, his special moves will probably confuse people a lot, but how well players will be able to use them in the long run is what will define how good he'll work out. At first glance he looks a bit like Chipp, but he's actually not that similar to him. (Zexo)

Source: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s660/sh/60bcf7c3-9fbc-4345-97e5-4a35e48cd036/fcb8fe6db58eae3206d730f6b27dd236

Yesus I hate how It always changes the Font Size & Deletes some of the B Letter at the end like Wtf Lol
-But yeah He has a lot of Tools to trick the opponent & Make him think twice before mashin or Dp'ing on wake up or Pressure really nice, Like I said : 236[A]A/B/C/D, 214A/B[D] & 214D are strong tools when it comes to Trickery & If you can Read the opponent out [Yomi]
-The New Combos routes that FrostMonarch Shared are really nice decent dmg indeed mostly 3k into a Knockdown. Most of the technical stuff has been found & Is already in that huge Post that I made, except the new combos routes that are coming in that Frost is sharing and finding.

Ok Finally I found one Jump Cancel-able normal on Block in the ground Frost Lol
Ok So 2C seems to be his only Jump Cancel-able normarl on Block in the ground, Nothing else.

Pretty interesting combo used there at 19:49 on the pre-release tournament vid. All those normals look like they have more hitstun than what I thought they would.

I think I will play this guy Hibiki. I love that he is very fast, tricky and versatile. However if I get Jubei by the console, I will drop him (Maybe!). My concerns are I like mid range chars in Blazblue but since he covers space so quickly, It won't be a problem right! I just love the way he plays and his movements. (His airdash is damn good) Definitely a good char to try and follow. Jubei Pleaseeee!

Basic Hibiki combos from Famitsu : youtu.be/ayelY8VDHpA

Listed combos are :

- 2A > 2BB > 5C > 2C > 3C > 214C

- grab > 5C > 2C > j.c > j.C > j.c > j.C > j.214A

- 4BB > 5BB > 6BB > 2C > 236B > 2C > 236D

- (corner) 2BB > 5C > 6C > j.5D > 5B > 2C > 236B > 214C > 5B > 5C > 2C > 632146D

4 hours ago, FatalCounter said:

I think I will play this guy Hibiki. I love that he is very fast, tricky and versatile. However if I get Jubei by the console, I will drop him (Maybe!). My concerns are I like mid range chars in Blazblue but since he covers space so quickly, It won't be a problem right! I just love the way he plays and his movements. (His airdash is damn good) Definitely a good char to try and follow. Jubei Pleaseeee!

I look forward to the mirrors. Unless Jubei arrives.

26 minutes ago, Dazardz said:

I look forward to the mirrors. Unless Jubei arrives.

Reaper, why do you always choose the same character as me. Get out of my chars man. 

I don't know who gives the information that Hibiki's HP is 9.500. I have many reasons to doubt it. I actually believe from some maths, it is 10.500. definitely at least 10.000. He has more than 9.500 for sure. 

Seems doubtful. Its not unusual for this type of character to have a low health rating, plus he seemed to take damage pretty hard in the videos so far. Might have changed from the loketest, but doesn't seem likely.

At 27:43 of Hibiki vs Nu (link starts at that time), Hibiki's 2D can be seen ignoring/evading Nu's 5D head on. Seen again at 30:23. That's actually... pretty strong. That'd make it really good against zoners. 

So I don't know why it happened, but 2D definitely avoided 5D very early in startup, so I wonder how strong this is.

I'm glad you brought that up, I noticed that's one of Hibiki's strong points. He's a rushdown character with zoning capabilities, though his short range normals are compensated with his clones. He's almost tailored against zoners, what with his 2D (which has incredible range) and distortions.