Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioLogIn

European SBO'10 qualifiers - at Stunfest

LOL

900Sek for the Plane (Ryanair) and 700Sek for the train (SNCF)

It's not 600Euro :kitty:

Nice :keke: Is that from Stockholm? Cause that's pretty far from Lund :v: But still, it's cheaper than flying from Copenhagen (which is by far the closest airport). Ryanair doesn't seem to go from Copenhagen.

And neither do we have any idea how the train works etc. It would be nice with some info about how to buy tickets, if the qualifiers are to be held at Stunfest. Are they or aren't they? Official announcement is thnx, since we have been given mixed signals in this thread... Info is appreciated.

wow so there IS a European GG spot this year? Does that mean there is a US spot too? Just curious when and where it is. I wouldnt really be able to go to them anyway but I was under the impression there was no foreign spots so I just want to get my information straight.

Sorry to hear this thing is ending up so difficult for everyone. I hope its huge and legit and lots of teams get to try out for it.

Finally I can post here :psyduck:

So about the arcade version, I'm aware that 99,99% of you plays on GG XX AC console version but some ppl (in France) complained about the difference between Arcade and Console version (FRC & timing), and our target is to send the best team.

So wich solution is the best ?

Make the qualifier on a console version, wich is not arcade perfect, or make it on the arcade version ?

I'm sure that if Shodown staff and Stunfest staff try to work together, they can find a solution (like a kind of lend ?).

I'll speak with d a v i d and SRG as soon as we can find a good timing on messenger.

Well, guys, good luck communicating. I hope you guys will get along and find a solution to have quals at Showdown - I'm rallying a nice bunch of 11 Russian players to Sweden event, and this means we will have 2-2.5 teams for SBO quals should they happen at Sweden =) I think we hardly will get anyone to Stunfest - all money issues aside, to get to Stunfest we would have to start applying for French visas next week, and this is next to impossible - not only there is no info on the event, but also some players have their passports in Finnish\Sweden embassy for Showdown visa.

As for "arcade perfect" version, I hardly have any first-hand experience with arcade version, but from what I know I'd like to mention that this issue was already raised at Sweden forums and it seems like French players were able to come to a nice conclusion with orgs (hooray for communicating again).

Also, as far as I know, these "timing differences on certain combos" are hardly confirmed at all and are really minor, so unless someone wants an arcade perfect just for the sake of having an arcade perfect, there should be no trouble playing console version if warned beforehand. So, unless someone misses slowdowns from Venom's Dark Angel =), differences between console US versions and arcade versions are not confirmed and are minor.

Cheers

sbo.png

After discussing between Showdown-crew, Madjid (SBO-crew), Organizers of Stunfest & consulting the European GuiltyGear-community Showdown 5 in Stockholm has been chosen to be the epic battlegrounds for the European Tougeki-qualifiers for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 3vs3.

I will post detailed information about the situation on Sunday, together with the Schedule and rule-sets for all tournaments for Showdown 5 in Stockholm, but for now know that the arena for the qualifiers have been officially chosen. The qualifiers will be on Saturday though, thats for certain. We cannot yet promise that the qualifiers will be on arcade-version, but it will be on back2back-setups in any case. We're doing our best to ensure the arcade-version is going to be used, I'll get back to you when it comes to the details on Sunday.

Get Hype Ladies & Gentlemen! And bring your A-game, 'cause both Heaven & Hell will Rock!

So the battle will start ! :D

Biologin : I think there are small things in the console version about johnny. The timing of his FRC are not correct and perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I think his killer joker move do not have an automatic jump install so you have to do it manually. Not sure at all. Many people said that some gatlings with robo ky were strange too, and Faust, one of the slayer from paris, told me slayer in arcade was a bit different too.

Of course for you it will not change anything, but as tournaments in paris are held on an arcade since one year, coming back to console version for a tournament is not appreciated. ^^

Shinjinn about the version of the game, I don't know wich one you should put for the tournament. We already talk about the important matter of having a single version of the game for the entire tournament and you talked about the GGAC+ US. Perhaps Camo will be more precise than me about differences, but I think he told me GGAC+ JAP was the more accurate version of the game.

Well guys see you soon, my i-no will be ready for you ! KIMOCHI !!

Neithan

We have a nice thread for such bugs somewhere here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4533

Missing jump install is not reported here (and I don't find it over Johnny forums as well), but missing gatlings are. They are missing in GGXXAC US+ only. Well, that's why we use regular GGXXAC US here at Russia =) I was kinda surprised when Shinjin opted to choose US Plus version, non-plus seems more 'arcade perfect' to me, but again, those Zappa and Robo gatlings are really minor and are rarely used, so doesn't make any difference to any Robo or Zappa player I know of. We don't want to have arcade-perfect just for the sake of arcade perfectness, right (mind the arcade lags of Dark Angel)?

And yes, maybe Johnny's bugs are different story, but why they aren't mentioned anywhere?

JP AC+ and US AC+ are different, afaik US+ doesnt have the JP+ bugs

still IMO the best choice would be vanilla US AC since it has been played the most and is widely considered the best version. US+ is relatively new and it never got a lot of tournament play so it might host some random-ass bugs like the JP+ does.

I don't have that much time right now, so I'll be pretty brief.

Well, we could go with US AC, I just kind of got the impression that US AC+ was preferred over US AC. JP AC+ will not be used for reasons already discussed. Honestly, the differences between most characters in console-version are very small. I know that Johnny might have some timing-differences, but we cannot cater to everybodys needs. We're going to use the same version of the game on all of the consoles to be fair.

And SBO-quals, we will do everything to get the arcade-version. We pretty much now only need the game and it's hardware, that we can get either from a guy in Sweden or maybe from France. It is currently being discussed. But if we can't get the setup running on Friday, it will be run on PS2, the same version that is going to be used at the event. End of discussion.

Tournament rules & formats are up!

Check out:

http://rimfrozt.com/showdown5/

The most important piece of information is that pre-registration is required for SBO-quals.

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED! Deadline for registration is 27th of April. Registration is made either via mail to Shinjin (david.harnesk@gmail.com), or at the thread at bitterharmony. All teams will be published as soon as they are registered. Include team name, players nicknames and characters.

And that the schedule is set in this fashion:

Friday

~22:00 – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – Showgames / Moneymatches starts

Saturday

11:00 – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – Singles, Round Robin (pools) starts

13:30 – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – Tougeki-qualifiers starts

16:00 – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – Singles, Top 32 SE-Playoffs starts

18:30 – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – 3on3-tournament (DE, then SE) starts*

Sunday

10:30 – BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - Singles Round Robin & Top 16 playoff starts*

*depending on amount of contenders at the Blazblue-tournament, reschedule might happen.

but I think his killer joker move do not have an automatic jump install so you have to do it manually.

No, KJ don't have auto JI in any version of GGAC, Arcade or Console.

SBO Quals Top4

1 Russia Team (Goga, Overkill, RoboBR)

2 France Team (Mitsurugi, Faust, Camo)

3 Sweden Team (Xzi, Yonasu, Shinjin)

4 Finland Team (Lazze, Jakestation)