Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum vs. Makoto

realize how important counter assaults are in this matchup! discuss why oki ball is silly, among other things.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Strategy:

Item Strategy:

Char specific details:

Other details:

This matchup is really lame due to all of makotos buffs. You want to try and keep a good game of footsies without being to obvious as too avoid parries into corner into 4k. Remember, she does have a dp, but its very unreliable so you probably wont see much of it on wakeup. Try to keep your pressure as safe as possible to avoid getting 2a mashed. The frying pan is always a good item, and the bombs and missiles really help with getting in.

ok, i think i gathered some insight on Makoto.

I'll start with the PROS/CONS

Makoto Nanaya

Pros

• Deals great damage
  • Beautiful Normals
  • Lots of Air Unblockables
  • Great Mixup Game
  • High Damaging Distortion Drives
  • Parry
  • I strongly believe she can combo off all of her normals

Cons

...for now i don't really know any :(. i am open for advice.

Insight

This match isn't that bad, she has way more advantages over Luna and Sena but i think with the right items and patient zoning could stop her.

YES:

The items that work well for me, Bat(invincibility, punishes bad strings/mixups) Kitty(there are going to be multiple times where makoto would like to use her comet cannon, just let her know that she can't do that so most likely there going to rush in)

Meh:

The missiles are sometimey in this matchup. i mean she can 3c under them so i usually find myself shooting all 3.

NO:

The pan, hammer and bombs are the ones i don't like when fighting makoto. i mean if i'm getting hits in why not the pan/hammer. but when you are on the defensive which you will probably be on 80% of the time these items are NOT going to help you. the bombs are a maybe because of her 3c.

Random Notes:

When you see her 3c, you can either 3c her, grab(risky), 2a, 2b, Jump(:yaaay:), JC(get some distance), Dream Sally(if you read it) Mami Circular(i recommend, but if she pulls off her fake 3c(hold) you may be in trouble) oh and be careful if you block it, SHE IS SAFE. :blue:

Her D(level 3) Drive is god fast and it is Air Unblockable so be really careful.

She is a rapist in the Corner, don't burst as soon as she touches you, just keep a calm mind and wait for the opening to escape.

Her jumping 2C has insane priority. don't jump or crouch. you can challenge it by 2C'ing. it will clash, or with the right timing hit her. the bright side is, if she connects with the 2C, she can't combo off it unless it's a counter.

Her 2C is dangerous. Some makotos like to add it in the middle of their block strings. the best options i'd say is to super jump back, jump, bat, short hop pan or instant guard it. Don't try anything stupid or you will get Fatal'd.

Her 6B is also another normal you shouldn't take lightly. it is an overhead but she can combo her D Drives after it, and Lunatic Upper. If you are blocking and Makoto goes for this normal, i know it looks slow but DON'T CHALLENGE IT. we can't beat it out unless we have bat. Instant Guard it then punish.

Be careful when deciding what tools are you using when attempting Okizeme on her. considering she has a dp. it isn't good but it gets the job done.

Know when to burst. Burst when she is near a corner. it's better we rape her in corner than her doing it.

her 5b and 5c gets priority.

My most used normals vs. Makoto. has to be retreating JC's and 5B's. they are both great spacing tools to keep her at bay.

oh btw, when makoto tries to go for the Asteroid Vision Crossup(B) just grab her or 5a.

Well that is all the insight i have gathered so far. this is my 2nd week of playing BlazBlue competitive so don't expect much. :keke:

She is a rapist in the Corner...

Lol, Idk why, but that made me laugh :L

Awesome infomation though, helped me a lot. I seem to be on more of the defensive side when I play against Makoto now.