Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

San Antonio TX Thread v5.0: Gatherings @ Ultra Arcade, RikRic, and Dreamonoid's

So I'm visiting San Antonio for a couple of weeks, is there any festivities with fighting games going on? Looks like the last post was 11 days ago, dayum.

I dunno if I played anybody on this thread at Ultra Arcade tonight, if so, I was that Ramlethal player. GGs to whoever there were.

I'll see if I can make it one more time before my vacation ends.

Well tonight was a free tournament and the top 3 were

1st Fox in a Box? :KYX:

2nd Nirage :MIL:

3rd Sean :INO:

Hope everyone else will join us next Friday

Ultra's been pretty empty lately.

Anyone else interested in starting up a biweekly thing on Fridays again?

Last weekend I was busy but this Saturday they're doing a tourney so maybe we could start up again the week after?

Heads up, there's a mini-convention going on Saturday (March 21) at Our Lady of the Lake University called Mizuumi-con.  It's a one-day anime convention that also has a game room, so if any of you are interested in that, you can check it out and see if they have anything like BB, GG, or any of the other ArcSys/anime games there.

Were making tuesday anime night so try coming out bb xrd skullgils kof uniel whatever remember 2 for 1  so if you guys still play anime games come out tuesday also thurs.

I might come and check it out tonight if all goes well.  Playing some people at Anime Matsuri sort of lit a small fire inside to play again.

Went out to Ultra today expecting some Xrd but it looks like they're remodeling.

If anybody hasn't checked out OtakuCafe down the street now would be a great time. They have Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, UNIEL, Dengeki Bunko and others, plus import cabinets with games that are rotated regularly.

The nice thing about it over Ultra is that depending on the time of day you go you can actually get some casuals in with random people. At Ultra that rarely happens unless you're playing something like Street Fighter.

I've run into SkyKing there a few times, anyone else been?

What did you think of it?

Last saturday they finally got their console cabinets in.

I'm going to be heading to Ultra tomorrow to see if that Tuesday thing is still happening.

OtakuCafe is supposed to have BlazBlue CPE on launch day Thursday if anybody else wants to go. I'll probably be heading there around 7 both nights.

I'm going to be heading to Ultra tomorrow to see if that Tuesday thing is still happening.

OtakuCafe is supposed to have BlazBlue CPE on launch day Thursday if anybody else wants to go. I'll probably be heading there around 7 both nights.

Same here, just to check out if there will be a tournament and some people to play.

Whelp. Looks like they were closed again.

Wanna check out the new BlazBlue on Thursday at OtakuCafe? Thursday is their Smash Bros. night but I'm sure most people will be occupied with that. Should be at least one free cabinet.

Yeah that sounds good. I think we can swing by this evening at around 7 PM.

So expect myself and SkyKing to be there.

Didn't see you guys there.

The game is so different. Very little of Ragna's moves in the corner stayed the same but Hazama seems a lot more flexible.

They're holding a tournament on May 3rd for Chronophantasma Extend but the time isn't set in stone yet.

I'll post more information when I have it.

Here's the info on the tournament. Spread the word!

11182027_883098108415532_726263233040221

Told as many people as I could about it, so hopefully the turnout will be good.  Even if we get a ton of new people, it'll give us a chance to see how many will want to learn.

Regarding the OtakuCafe rules for BBCPEX:

1. Why are button macros not allowed? If we have pad players these macros are legitimately used and should not be disallowed.

2. Stage selection is fine, but what about song selection?

See you all there lol.