Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Her fight with Makoto technically never happened due to a time-reset (thank you Amaterasu and Takamagahara), else Makoto would be dead by now.

Her fights with Hakumen and Mu takes place after she's been freed from the Imperator's control, though they do help in her decision on what she should fight for.

Also, Tsubaki's definition of justice hasn't really changed since being freed, she just now fights for her friends instead of the NOL (which she now considers unjust). Though she has taken to acting like a superhero, complete with hammy dialogue about "JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE".

You just can't be an animu Knight Templar without hamming out "Justice," huh? lol But for all her wandering about what the idea of Justice is, who's really taking in what Hakumen and the rest are saying, Izayoi or Tsubaki?

You just can't be an animu Knight Templar without hamming out "Justice," huh? lol But for all her wandering about what the idea of Justice is, who's really taking in what Hakumen and the rest are saying, Izayoi or Tsubaki?

Tsubaki IS Izayoi (the person).

Izayoi (the weapon) has no opinion, it cannot think for itself.

Tsubaki IS Izayoi (the person).

Izayoi (the weapon) has no opinion, it cannot think for itself.

I dunno. Her change in personality and objectives felt too sudden to be done by Tsubaki. Initially anyway. But then again, she recognizes Noel and Makoto easily, so there's that.

Izayoi is just what that form is called. Tsubaki still has her own mindset.

I dunno. Her change in personality and objectives felt too sudden to be done by Tsubaki. Initially anyway. But then again, she recognizes Noel and Makoto easily, so there's that.

But her personality has not changed, and her objectives only changed after fighting with Hakumen and Mu.

In fact, it's the regular Tsubaki that has the "Not Tsubaki" personality in CP.

Basically she wants to bring order to the world, and one of the things standing in her way is the NOL. Tsubaki was never a bad person to begin with, she was just manipulated by Terumi to do bad things (Like trying to kill Jin and Noel).

Wasn't Izayoi's personality the effect of that Mind Eater spell or something?

No, because the Mind Eater spell on her is broken by Jin. But that happened offscreen and is only mentioned in Rachel's and Izayoi's arcade modes.

Wasn't Izayoi's personality the effect of that Mind Eater spell or something?

I thought it went haywire after Tsubaki fought Jin.

I thought it went haywire after Tsubaki fought Jin.

Tsubaki was struggling against it, but it reasserts itself in full force when she transforms into Izayoi!Tsubaki. Jin somehow saves her and breaks it for good after her transformation.

IIRC (but don't quote me on this!) Izayoi does say that she and Izayoi are as one when she's talking to Hakumen, but it's still good old Tsubaki. She has the same biological information as Tsubaki. When she was revealed her name was even written as Izayoi (Tsubaki). The name "Izayoi" is just to distinguish between the two.

I think Mac has a point tho with Izayoi affecting her in someway.

Izayoi's story is just whacked out atm; first she's JUSTICE, JUSTICE and tries to kill her friends, then apparently Jin saves her offscreen, and then she realizes she wants to use Izayoi to protect her friends, and then she's still JUSTICE, JUSTICE and tries to kill anything that messes with her friends.

God, its' fucking Ky all over again. Knight Templars always did bug me with their self righteousness, while I do like Tsubaki, her templar tendencies are pissing me off.

I don't think the Izayoi can affect her in that way though. Noxes affect people's psyches because they themselves have their own souls, and they have their own souls because they're powered using souls as a catalyst. The Izayoi doesn't use souls as a catalyst, it uses "Light" so I doubt it has a soul of its own.

The Izayoi isn't a nox tho, its an Ars Armagus which is like a lesser Nox, so that's probably why it doesn't have a soul of its own, that doesn't mean it can't have some adverse affect on her.

The Izayoi isn't a nox tho, its an Ars Armagus which is like a lesser Nox, so that's probably why it doesn't have a soul of its own, that doesn't mean it can't have some adverse affect on her.

Well sure, but it's only the Nox that are explicitly stated as having an affect on the psyche.

Izayoi's story is just whacked out atm; first she's JUSTICE, JUSTICE and tries to kill her friends, then apparently Jin saves her offscreen, and then she realizes she wants to use Izayoi to protect her friends, and then she's still JUSTICE, JUSTICE and tries to kill anything that messes with her friends.

God, its' fucking Ky all over again. Knight Templars always did bug me with their self righteousness, while I do like Tsubaki, her templar tendencies are pissing me off.

Ehhh, I think it works.

The first time we technically see Izayoi, she is still Mind Eater'd and is willing to slaughter her friends in the name of the Imperator. Then the spell is broken and she questions herself. What is justice? What is evil? She can't count on the Imperator anymore, and the Imperator was the person who calmed her mind when she was doubting herself at her story's end.. Then she finds her center and dedicates herself to true justice. She does get bizarrely overprotective like in Rachel's story, but Tsubaki kind of has that core of hidden crazy to her. In WoF she flips out when she has a dream/hallucination/flashback of Jin playing with Saya.

Tsubaki has always secretly longed to be a hero of justice. I am being only partially sarcastic here. Izayoi doesn't do anything to change that, beyond give her the means to actually pursue her own justice.

At least Ky's development from being a Templar flowed naturally and wasn't overly exaggerated compared to how Tsubaki's is going.

Next thing you know she'll become the new Imperator. Now THAT will be hilarious.

At least Ky's development from being a Templar flowed naturally and wasn't overly exaggerated compared to how Tsubaki's is going.

Next thing you know she'll become the new Imperator. Now THAT will be hilarious.

Well I just hate Templars in general.

Maybe its because of translation issues, but I really hope this shit gets cleared up.

Well I just hate Templars in general.

Maybe its because of translation issues, but I really hope this shit gets cleared up.

Most of those 'templar tendencies' are from the effects of the Mind Eater. Dark Tsubaki (and Izayoi in some modes) strongly believes that the Imperator is good, and serving her is justice.

Ky's flowed naturally because he wasn't affected by a fucking mind control spell forcing him to serve the PWAB.

All of you stop, just stop!

There has been NO change in Tsubaki's personality, she has always been about order, that's just how her family raised her with their traditional upbringing. All that changed was she no longer acts on the Imperator's behalf.

Also there are Justice Stalwarts all over BB; Bang was the original Defender of Truth, Love, and Justice and you all ate it up, also people forget how much of a self-righteous asshole Hakumen was (complete with his own monologues) but now they've severely played down his nature and boiled it down to "IMMA KILL RAGNA, GWOAAAAH!"

All of you stop, just stop!

There has been NO change in Tsubaki's personality, she has always been about order, that's just how her family raised her with their traditional upbringing. All that changed was she no longer acts on the Imperator's behalf.

Also there are Justice Stalwarts all over BB; Bang was the original Defender of Truth, Love, and Justice and you all ate it up, also people forget how much of a self-righteous asshole Hakumen was (complete with his own monologues) but now they've severely played down his nature and boiled it down to "IMMA KILL RAGNA, GWOAAAAH!"

Yes, but even back in CS Tsubaki was questioning what she was doing. She has essentially been indoctrinated to serve the Imperator above all else (hell, the original reason the Yayoi family went overboard with their breeding program was so that they could produce better soldiers for the Imperator), but Tsubaki in CP isn't normal Tsubaki. She's been brainwashed. She even has a lot of moments where it seems like she's struggling against it but then it reasserts itself and puts her back into Imperator mode. Izayoi Tsubaki seems shaken to me in her arcade mode (which is totally fine, she just turned away from serving her childhood god-empress).

I'm not talking about CP Tsubaki, I'm talking about "Izayoi"; everyone is acting like she's become a new person.

And honestly CP Tsubaki isn't all that different from CS Tsubaki, as back in CS she may have questioned what he was doing, but that's because her friends were acting against what she upholds, all "Mind Eater" did was have her continue to turn a blind eye to the actions of the NOL, once the hex is broken she sees that the NOL has become corrupt and now she moves to restore "proper" order which she still holds dear.

More importantly, how is Tsubaki combating the adverse affects of Izayoi, or is it's complete form not as detrimental?

Well, no wonder we forget, because both suck real hard at the whole Justice shtick. Or being "ubermensches" for that matter.

I'm not talking about CP Tsubaki, I'm talking about "Izayoi"; everyone is acting like she's become a new person.

And honestly CP Tsubaki isn't all that different from CS Tsubaki, as back in CS she may have questioned what he was doing, but that's because her friends were acting against what she upholds, all "Mind Eater" did was have her continue to turn a blind eye to the actions of the NOL, once the hex is broken she sees that the NOL has become corrupt and now she moves to restore "proper" order which she still holds dear.

More importantly, how is Tsubaki combating the adverse affects of Izayoi, or is it's complete form not as detrimental?

OH, I see. I agree with you then. Izayoi Tsubaki being called just Izayoi is just to differentiate between the two.

Mind Eater does make her completely loyal to the Imperator though. Or rather, it probably uses her loyalty to the Imperator to better control her.

Tsubaki is using some of the Imperator's "false light" to fight and see. When the Imperator said that she would be Tsubaki's light, I guess she meant literally as well as figuratively.

Hakumen still is dedicated to the pursuit of justice, but he thinks that Terumi is a bigger threat than Ragna. He doesn't even seem incredibly anxious about killing Ragna like in CT. Partly because he's under new ownership haha...