Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freezerburn

Ottawa: Why have fundamentals when you have gimmicks?

Also, Algonquin College meet is Monday! 6:10PM onwards. Student Commons, Room e206b above the Starbucks.

To be clear, you're stuck with that Tuesday night class afterall, so it's all Mondays for the rest of the term? Or just until you get that exemption?

Not that I can make it out quite yet... but soon.

I had to reschedule it. As soon as I fix my schedule, we'll be back to Tuesdays.

Also, the Algonquin meetups are an "all title" meetup, but I have everything on hand, and will have ample consoles to go around sometime in the near future.

Oh alright, thanks for clearing that up. Though hm...I admit it'll be weird the first few times as an old guy going into the student commons. I mean, yeah I'm the earliest of mid-20s but still, lol.

To be clear, you're stuck with that Tuesday night class afterall, so it's all Mondays for the rest of the term? Or just until you get that exemption?

Not that I can make it out quite yet... but soon.

Monday until further notice. You guys will know.

Sorry for being hella inactive on DL, guys. Been busy and trying to keep up with everything is trading its toll on me. That said...

HQ now has a recording station. We can't quite stream because the internet at HQ is terrible for uploading anything. I'm looking into getting an overlay for score keeping and I'll have some mics set up for some commentary and/or shit talking.

It's good to see you guys talk stuff out and it's good seeing other people jumping in our thread. Keep the effort up, guys. I promise you, this will all pay off.

As I've only been able to play Rigel, I haven't got much practice in GG, much less anything else. Still, I've taken a liking to Robo-Ky so I'll resort to him when I've had my beatings as Millia.

I'm thinking of holding ranbats for GG or any other game, record them and upload to a YouTube channel. This way, we can have footage of our play and see where we need to improve.

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to eating lunch. I'll update the first post with IDs when I get the chance.

Excellent news! :roboky: looks fun, and now your avatar will actually make sense here. The setup sounds mad hype as well.

Also in excellent news, I managed to get out and see Django Unchained in theatres, so if I could handle a 160-minute movie and hour drive with only slight discomfort, I should be able to make a gather soon. My fuel fund will be a bit precarious until I'm really back in business though, so I should probably be selective with my trips into the city. (Unless anyone ~between Constance Bay and Centretown wants to hire me and my Suzuki as a cheap taxi service. Then I'm down for coming out any time, haha.)

That's sweet news about the equipment and all of that stuff. I can understand about there not being stream equipment since A. I'd imagine that stuff's kinda expensive, and B. if HQ's got bad internet, it's got bad internet, and I'm kind of unsure of where would be ideal for that at the moment anyway.

That's sweet news about the equipment and all of that stuff. I can understand about there not being stream equipment since A. I'd imagine that stuff's kinda expensive, and B. if HQ's got bad internet, it's got bad internet, and I'm kind of unsure of where would be ideal for that at the moment anyway.

*cough* Algonquin *cough*

I should finally start streaming weeklies in about two weeks, hopefully.

*cough* Algonquin *cough*

I should finally start streaming weeklies in about two weeks, hopefully.

I was actually thinking of asking about that, but I figured it'd like...prohibit that or have some firewall stuff in place or whatever.

I was actually thinking of asking about that, but I figured it'd like...prohibit that or have some firewall stuff in place or whatever.

Nup. And the upload is like 120Mbps or something stupid.

Holy shiza, that ain't half bad at all.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much unless I can get a twitch account that allows for a 720p stream option. I think that's tied to viewership.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much unless I can get a twitch account that allows for a 720p stream option. I think that's tied to viewership.

Still, with that being said 360 and 480 is hardly bad quality. I mean hell, I normally get decent quality off 240p, and the 240p I've been watching SCR with has been pretty good.

Excellent news! :roboky: looks fun, and now your avatar will actually make sense here. The setup sounds mad hype as well.

Also in excellent news, I managed to get out and see Django Unchained in theatres, so if I could handle a 160-minute movie and hour drive with only slight discomfort, I should be able to make a gather soon. My fuel fund will be a bit precarious until I'm really back in business though, so I should probably be selective with my trips into the city. (Unless anyone ~between Constance Bay and Centretown wants to hire me and my Suzuki as a cheap taxi service. Then I'm down for coming out any time, haha.)

Robo-Ky is definitely hilarious. His specifics are just so off the wall that I'm having a ton of fun just playing him. A completely different experience than playing Millia (although I'm too addicted to that speed).

Good to hear your progress. We'll be here as soon as you're ready so don't rush things unnecessarily. We need to get some Skullgirls and GG matches in.

Nup. And the upload is like 120Mbps or something stupid.

ETA or any word on moving the days back on Tuesdays? My Mondays are completely packed so I definitely can't make it then. With that upload, I definitely want to stream something.

Robo-Ky is definitely hilarious. His specifics are just so off the wall that I'm having a ton of fun just playing him. A completely different experience than playing Millia (although I'm too addicted to that speed).

Good to hear your progress. We'll be here as soon as you're ready so don't rush things unnecessarily. We need to get some Skullgirls and GG matches in.

P4A's been growing on me too, so you had better dust off that :ballCHIE:/:ballTD:. :D

ETA or any word on moving the days back on Tuesdays? My Mondays are completely packed so I definitely can't make it then. With that upload, I definitely want to stream something.

Sticking to Monday's until further notice. I'm not guaranteed exemption, apparently. I have to go to an interview and tell them how good at computers I am.

I want to lug my rig out tomorrow and see what I can do with the connections in there.

EDIT with MEET UPDATES:

Monday Gonq meet is happening. 6pm onwards, room e206b, Algonquin College Student Commons. Above the Starbucks. We got everything (Except skilled players...)

I'll be testing that tasty stream connection. Upload some sweet recordings of me flubbing combos.

Freezer, I'mma show you how free HQ's capture setup is.

It's times like these I wish I'd actually have been to the student commons before and even knew what the room looked like, lol. That being said, despite probably being among the "old man crowd" of the gang, I think if people are going to be coming out next week that I probably will too. After all, it's just a 40-45 minute drive. And depending on what games people want to play, I can bring my copies of Persona 4 Arena, Tekken Tag 2, King of Fighters XIII, or Blazblue CS Extend. They're all PS3 versions though, but if it can help, hey.

Hah, err, was I supposed to play the role of old guy when I went last fall? D'oh. #socialfauxpas

It's not too hard to find though, LW. It's the north-central building labelled Algonquin Commons Theatre on this map. Find the Starbucks in the main atrium, take the nearby main stairs up to the second level and hunt around for the room on your left. The time I went they had the door wedged open.

Thanks, and no worries since I have a GPS anyway. And hey, while I can't bring the "good player" bit to things, I can at least bring the "player" bit to it.

It keeps my stream fails on the DL, so don't worry.

Driver issue meant I could only record footage. I'd BSOD whenever I'd open Xsplit or Live Encorder. Going to fix it by next week.

Edit: Been testing uploading to various servers.

2455000045.png

Essentially, we are only limited by the servers we're uploading to.

P4A's been growing on me too, so you had better dust off that :ballCHIE:/:ballTD:. :D

Haha, I need to play that again. It's like the first game where I want to play high-tiers. Speaking of P4U, where the hell is MasaBlade?

It keeps my stream fails on the DL, so don't worry.

Driver issue meant I could only record footage. I'd BSOD whenever I'd open Xsplit or Live Encorder. Going to fix it by next week.

Edit: Been testing uploading to various servers.

2455000045.png

Essentially, we are only limited by the servers we're uploading to.

Dat upload. Oh god, when can it be moved to Tuesdayssssssssssssssssssssssss

Whoa...how in the.....I have NEVER seen the upload be more than the download speed, let alone 10 times higher...that's just...wow. Nice.