Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Valkenhayn Gameplay Discussion

wwww....i randomly come to valk threads and o:

Pretty sure souji /mains/ valkenhayn now, this isn't a time to time thing afaik especially since he just became number 1 Valk. He's tried qualifying for the 4v4 and bravers rebel as valk. I heard rumors of him picking up valk before arc revo happened, and since then he's been on the valk train.

Shou was never masashi's name, the thing i used to translates gives me Shou but people have corrected me. You'll almost always hear the commentators refer to him as "Masashi". Just pretend Shou doesn't exist lol. Masashi's name for the longest has just been "将" and shuu always has しゅう (shuu) in his name with some other stuff, if you ever have trouble identifying them.

@Dreize, it's part troll tactic part "hey i'm gonna learn this character because he's as cool as he is dumb". My avatar is to troll someone specific.

As for Hima...he apparently tweeted yesterday he wants to play BB somewhere...who knows if that came into fruition. Dora said Hima is busy with "doragon quest",idk how serious he was being about that lol.

carry on

wwww....i randomly come to valk threads and o:

Pretty sure souji /mains/ valkenhayn now, this isn't a time to time thing afaik especially since he just became number 1 Valk. He's tried qualifying for the 4v4 and bravers rebel as valk. I heard rumors of him picking up valk before arc revo happened, and since then he's been on the valk train.

Shou was never masashi's name, the thing i used to translates gives me Shou but people have corrected me. You'll almost always hear the commentators refer to him as "Masashi". Just pretend Shou doesn't exist lol. Masashi's name for the longest has just been "将" and shuu always has しゅう (shuu) in his name with some other stuff, if you ever have trouble identifying them.

Were you surprised by the statements here?

During CSE I heard him being called as Shou at various points.

No, just that my name happened to be dropped the one time i checked. I've almost always heard Masashi. But either way I'm glad to help with that bit of confusion lol.

You have tbh. That's twice you've corrected me now. At this rate we'll surely meet again later?

You know what I mean.

Thanks.

No, just that my name happened to be dropped the one time i checked

*wink* *wink* *nudge *nudge* . Don't worry, your secret is safe with me and Kiba. We gotchu.

As for Hima...he apparently tweeted yesterday he wants to play BB somewhere...who knows if that came into fruition. Dora said Hima is busy with "doragon quest",idk how serious he was being about that lol.

As long as Hima's tweet is genuine than that in itself is something to be hopeful about, as he is essentially stating that he does indeed want to play BB.

I know the game comes out in like 12 days, so it doesn't really matter. But figure I'd clear up my previous error with wolf brake. Hima said it's 1C, 4C, or 7C. I think I was probably hitting 1C and thinking it was 2C. I do 1C for 2C a lot, anyway.

I know the game comes out in like 12 days, so it doesn't really matter. But figure I'd clear up my previous error with wolf brake. Hima said it's 1C, 4C, or 7C. I think I was probably hitting 1C and thinking it was 2C. I do 1C for 2C a lot, anyway.

I'm wondering if you meant 1D, 4D/7D? I ask because I thought wolf movement was changed to D from C.

Yay for the recent influx of Zekuso play.

Wooo finally, I hope he's here to stay. Now where's that Hima...?

I'm wondering if you meant 1D, 4D/7D? I ask because I thought wolf movement was changed to D from C.

No I meant C. The dashes are on D, but the brake is still on C. If you hit 1D,4D, or 7D during a dash you'll just get another dash.

No I meant C. The dashes are on D, but the brake is still on C. If you hit 1D,4D, or 7D during a dash you'll just get another dash.

Ah I see, was kind of confused due to the current system using 3C/5C5C as the current break so naturally thought it'd be on the same button as the dash movement again (although still thought it'd be weird because as you stated it would just dash again). Thanks for clearing that up for me, I will say it does seem more logical this way and would probably make more sense for people picking up Valk for the first time.

Regarding wolf break, you can use either 1C, 4C or 7C.

Because of this change in movement and all I'm finding myself really sloppy atm.

Regarding wolf break, you can use either 1C, 4C or 7C.

Because of this change in movement and all I'm finding myself really sloppy atm.

Ditto I'm having trouble doing the simplest of things such as wolf instant air dash in then break over my opponent's head. I feel like my mobility is 10% of what it was in CSE simply due to this one change, hopefully it won't take long to adjust but it's killing me right now (also kind of frustrating). Just need to train myself to remember w[6D>4C] is the new w[5C>5C], so simple when you think about it, but sadly it's not so in execution.

Also do you find yourself accidentally wasting wolf meter trying to get out of wolf because you pressed a direction when you pressed D? Even just w5b > j.d > j.c is giving me problems in an actual match, I really do feel sloppy.

So I'm pretty new to the fighting genre (played Guilty Gear a lot but with no actual results) and I wants to use Valkenhyan as my main character, how do you suggest doing so? How should I train what Should I do?

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I would first suggest you to check Valkenhayn's CP wiki or his CSE one if you only have Extend.

After that, starts learning some human combos and try out wolf mode in order to be more comfortable with him. Once you will get used to his gamestyle, study Kiba's guide. It got more than enough to make you a really strong player and is quite complete.

Obviously, studying competitive players will help you a lot and you got hours and hours of videos in the video thread.

Overall, Valkenhayn's learning curve is rather hard and his execution is arguably one of the hardest in the cast. However, he's completely worth investing hours of training and really fun to play.

Collapsed: Sob story:
Wish I could be a part of the early CP hype with you guys.

Went out and bought a Ps3, bought some Ps3 accessories, did some "renovating", fixed my T.V situation, set-up a wired connection, made a Japanese PSN account, and bought 5000 yen and 3000 yen digital cards for CP. After 2 days and a few verification phone calls I finally received my codes from Play-Asia. Entered the 5000 yen one in first, it worked perfectly. Entered the 3000 yen one in second, it was invalid. Haven't been able to get in touch with Play-Asia to fix it yet and now it's Saturday. Since they don't have customer service during the weekends I'll probably be getting CP at earliest on Monday. But yeah, I'll be playing CP with everyone eventually.

I have a question for you guys. Has anyone attempted this combo yet? If so, please tell me how it went. Thanks.

-5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A > 5B > j.A > j.C > dj.D > h[j.C] [3307 DMG, 24 HG]

Collapsed: Sob story:
Wish I could be a part of the early CP hype with you guys.

Went out and bought a Ps3, bought some Ps3 accessories, did some "renovating", fixed my T.V situation, set-up a wired connection, made a Japanese PSN account, and bought 5000 yen and 3000 yen digital cards for CP. After 2 days and a few verification phone calls I finally received my codes from Play-Asia. Entered the 5000 yen one in first, it worked perfectly. Entered the 3000 yen one in second, it was invalid. Haven't been able to get in touch with Play-Asia to fix it yet and now it's Saturday. Since they don't have customer service during the weekends I'll probably be getting CP at earliest on Monday. But yeah, I'll be playing CP with everyone eventually.

I have a question for you guys. Has anyone attempted this combo yet? If so, please tell me how it went. Thanks.

-5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A > 5B > j.A > j.C > dj.D > h[j.C] [3307 DMG, 24 HG]

That sucks about your game hopefully the customer service won't be a pain to actually deal with.

That combo is pretty easy the part that gives me the most trouble is the IAD>j.d>j.a part, it burns about 20-25% wolf meter if I remember correctly. Biggest issue is no corner carry, although it is a good back to corner combo.

I would first suggest you to check Valkenhayn's CP wiki or his CSE one if you only have Extend.

After that, starts learning some human combos and try out wolf mode in order to be more comfortable with him. Once you will get used to his gamestyle, study Kiba's guide. It got more than enough to make you a really strong player and is quite complete.

Obviously, studying competitive players will help you a lot and you got hours and hours of videos in the video thread.

Overall, Valkenhayn's learning curve is rather hard and his execution is arguably one of the hardest in the cast. However, he's completely worth investing hours of training and really fun to play.

Well great, Thank You! Actually it's my first BlazBlue game (Played in Calamity Triger abd really loves it but I decided not to get into the fighting genre scene, I was such an idiot)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Well great, Thank You! Actually it's my first BlazBlue game (Played in Calamity Triger abd really loves it but I decided not to get into the fighting genre scene, I was such an idiot)

The pleasure is all mine. We aren't a lot on this forum but we are all willing to help so don't hesitate asking if you have any troubles.

Waiting for those PSN codes is seriously getting unbearable . . . ANYWAY !

I still got something that might help you guys with the w5C loop. On the japanese wiki, we can read this:

Collapsed: Original Text:
Cループはラーゼンの着地間際にブレーキをすると、着地硬直がなくなることを利用したもの

その為、入力は、

C>1D or 2D or 3D>4C

とやる必要がある

上記の説明だと

C>1D>4C>5Cってやる必要があるように思えるけど、実際は上のように着地際4C長押しをするだけで

着地と同時に5Cがでる

3回以上ループさせるには、1Dラーゼンの場合は後ろに下がってしまい、ループ出来ないので3Dにする必要がある

つまり

C>3D>着地際4C

のようにコマンドを入れる必要がある

Through google translate, we get this:

Collapsed: Translated text:
When a brake on the point of landing Razen, C loop that was utilized that landing rigid disappears

Therefore, the input,

C> 1D or 2D or 3D> 4C

It is necessary to do the

When it is explained above

It seems it is necessary to do me C> 1D> 4C> 5C, but you only need to press and hold the 4C landing when as on actual

5C comes out at the same time as the landing

To loop three times or more, it would stand back if Razen 1D, it is necessary to 3D so can not loop

That is

C> 3D> landing when 4C

There is a need to put the command as

In other words, you INDEED need to cancel the recovery of 2D with 4C. The interesting part however is the "press and hold the 4C landing when as on actual 5C comes out". Either it's the usual mistakes with google OR perhaps pressing 4C would actually to cancel AND triggers 5C at the same time ? Sounds too good to be true but it's easy to test.

Seems also that if you want to loop it more than thrice, you need to rather press 3D. That was quite obvious though.

Yeah Shyn you were pretty close, but still thanks for responding!

Magaki, thanks for posting that information. Ill get the information into the strategy guide. Looking forward to trying the loop once I get home. I don't even know why I'm prioritising the w5C loop over wolf movement lol.

Yeah, Shyn guessed it right indeed.

And well, I guess that learning some wolf combo will allow you to get used to it and learn the bnb so you kill 2 birds with one stone.

The pleasure is all mine. We aren't a lot on this forum but we are all willing to help so don't hesitate asking if you have any troubles.

Waiting for those PSN codes is seriously getting unbearable . . . ANYWAY !

I still got something that might help you guys with the w5C loop. On the japanese wiki, we can read this:

Collapsed: Original Text:
Cループはラーゼンの着地間際にブレーキをすると、着地硬直がなくなることを利用したもの

その為、入力は、

C>1D or 2D or 3D>4C

とやる必要がある

上記の説明だと

C>1D>4C>5Cってやる必要があるように思えるけど、実際は上のように着地際4C長押しをするだけで

着地と同時に5Cがでる

3回以上ループさせるには、1Dラーゼンの場合は後ろに下がってしまい、ループ出来ないので3Dにする必要がある

つまり

C>3D>着地際4C

のようにコマンドを入れる必要がある

Through google translate, we get this:

Collapsed: Translated text:
When a brake on the point of landing Razen, C loop that was utilized that landing rigid disappears

Therefore, the input,

C> 1D or 2D or 3D> 4C

It is necessary to do the

When it is explained above

It seems it is necessary to do me C> 1D> 4C> 5C, but you only need to press and hold the 4C landing when as on actual

5C comes out at the same time as the landing

To loop three times or more, it would stand back if Razen 1D, it is necessary to 3D so can not loop

That is

C> 3D> landing when 4C

There is a need to put the command as

In other words, you INDEED need to cancel the recovery of 2D with 4C. The interesting part however is the "press and hold the 4C landing when as on actual 5C comes out". Either it's the usual mistakes with google OR perhaps pressing 4C would actually to cancel AND triggers 5C at the same time ? Sounds too good to be true but it's easy to test.

Seems also that if you want to loop it more than thrice, you need to rather press 3D. That was quite obvious though.

Thanks for this it's really helpful and appears that it's correct, you can hold 4C to get 5C to come out. Pretty easy to do once, not too bad twice but after that it's pretty tough, it's definitely going to take practice to get it down consistently.

I know this isn't the combo thread but wondering if these are good combos I've been messing with.

5B>3C>236A>2A>2C>236C>6D>w[j.236b>2D]>5D>2C>6B>2C>tk.214B>6C>3C>[23HG 3217DMG] You can add in w[J.236A] before the w[J.236B] for 3292DMG and same HG, not worth it since gives the opponent more heat anyways.

Both of these are 100% HP OD combos, you aren't cancelling into OD so you get the full duration.

5B>3C>236A>2A>6C>OD>5B>2C>J.5D>w[J.5A>J.5B>J.236A>J.236B>J.214A>5D]>632146D[-23HG 4724DMG]

6C>2C>6B>2C>tk.214B>OD>5C>j.5D>w[J.A>j.236A>j.236B>j>214A>5D]3C>632146D[-21HG 5016DMG]

Also are the 5B > 5C > 236B~236B > 6D > w[j.A] combos character specific? They don't work for me.

So my friend uses Amane and I'm noticing a lot of stuff doesn't work, throw > 2C in the corner doesn't work. Anything with 6B is hard to land, man he has such an annoying hitbox. Looks like we need Amane specific combos!

So he's problematic for Valk too. Interesting, but annoying, lol.

For the throw combo you have to do this:

Corner Throw > Delay 5B > 236A > 2C > Delay 6B > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C

if you didn't delay 5B enough here 236A will whiff, and if you didn't delay 6B enough 6B(2) will whiff. Also as a reference, guys you don't have to do tk.214B, you can do j.214B instead and still be able to followup with 6C.

I just tried it. I got it to work after several attempts :( I had the most trouble with the 6DD > 2C. Forgive me.