Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

Xrd Slayer Frame Data Analysis, Number Crunching, and Theory Fightin

I've never seen anyone YRC and get the hit, but it's been known that Helter RRC Undertow is a true blockstring. However, the RC timing to stay grounded seems to be 1 frame. This also lets you K Dandy Pilebunker on normal hit. On counter hit, there are already good meterless combos in the corner from 6H.

I've been experimenting with meaty 2D, 6K, and It's Late timings. Anyone know how the calculation works for meaty 2D?

6K - 20 startup, 5 active, 9 recovery, Level 2

2D - 9 startup, 21 active, 9 recovery, Level 4

P Dandy > It's Late - 34(?) startup, 6 active, 12 recovery, Level 4

Point blank 2D > P Dandy UP > meaty It's Late on Sol (leads to 2K on crouching)

Sol's facedown wakeup: 21 frames

Meaty It's Late: 35(?) frames

Does this mean point blank 2D is +14 (35 - 21) on hit on Sol? 6K completely whiffs (25 frames) so it's definitely more than +4.

Point blank 2D > Short Dash > meaty 2D on Elphelt (leads to cS)

Elphelt's facedown wakeup: 27 frames

Short Dash: 18 frames

Meaty 2D: ?

Tanabata has a setup, point blank 2D > whiff 2P > meaty 2D, but doing everything as fast as possible causes 2D to whiff. Frame data for 2P is 5/2/6, or 12(?) frames total. 2D is no longer active at frame 31.

Assuming meaty 2D hits Elphelt 43 (12 + 31) frames after knockdown:

43 = 18 + Meaty 2D

Meaty 2D = 25 frames

At frame 25, 2D is on its 16th active frame, so there would be 5 remaining active frames, or 14 (5 + 9) frames of recovery left. Standing hitstun for 2D is 19 frames, just enough for cS, but I think standing hitstun might be unrelated to knockdowns.

So my guess is that meaty 2D > cS requires 2D to hit between frames 25-30. Meaty 2D doesn't feel that tight and this suggests a 6 frame window, so I'm satisfied with the number. To be more conclusive, we would have to test if meaty 2D can combo into 5K (7 frames) or Eternal Wings (9 frames)

Helter skelter rc tech was really interesting to mess with, that timing was just really strict. I got it what, once every 6 or 7 tries?

I think the more interesting tech me and @taganarchy explored was it's late rc. The fuzzy guard window is immense, on bedman it lead to instant j.s, and cool iad high/lows. On bedman you can get an easy relaunch combo from iad j.d (knockdown into instant pstep allowed meaty il timing on bedman at least). Also, undertow seemed to come out quick enough to counterhit mashing.

Meaty 2d setups are an interesting idea I need to work into my game. I'll try to test some of it when I get home from work tonight. Meaty 2d, eternal wings sounds fun.

I was experimenting a bit with that 2D 5P whiff setup daymendou posted.

It seems to be pretty easy to consistently hit meaty 2D or 6K on Chipp when timing them with a whiff 5P.

If you do everything as fast as possible 2D will (just barely) whiff, what I found to work well for timing 2D/6K meaty has to been to do 5P whiff asap and then take a very slight step forward before inputting 6K or 2D.

I think meaty 6K lead to cS fS cS fS 5K 2D.

I'm 100% sure cS fS 5K 2D worked, I forgot to take any note and I was testing this a couple days ago, I'll hit the lab later and check it out again.

Meaty 6K was surprisingly easier to land than meaty 2D (well, a meaty 2D that would lead to {cS > air route} at least).

Proximity OS: what could we use it for?

214P+HS 2P seems to work OK vs. Chipp 2nd rekka, if he goes for the overhead rekka Slayer does p bunker, if he stops Slayer briefly does standing barrier > 2P (which is actually pretty good since Chipp is minus after his second rekka anyway).