Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

[CT] Arakune Combo Thread

so I was rewatching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-hmzE03vkg (Dora's Bang vs Souji's Arakune) I thought the bugs always had to come out in the corners? Where I really noticed it was at 3:50 - 3:60 he sends his bugs further over in the screen? Maybe I just dont know wtf im talking about or I missed something but I didnt realize you could do that

also at 6:30

im not exactly sure what you mean. But you can control the bugs a bit with the directions forward/back and down. C bugs come from the bottom mid of the screen. D bugs come from the top. eg./From 236C going towards the corner you can hold forwards corner to connect BC bugs.

Mmm so you can summon bugs closer from offscreen holding it? ill have to try that because ive been trying to figure out how you 6c loop people in corners because my bugs never seem to hit close enough :\

You can't really loop 6C in the corners once you reach it. The reason is not that the bugs don't hit, it's that they hit earlier and higher allowing them to tech. Thats why if you get to the corner you usually go for recurse + pressure.

alright, one other question while watching that 4 set of vids in the crimson vid discussion or w/e

how does he go from a 6a or just jumping one direction, and reverse his direction with a 5b?

5:18 in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3qczNF54fY

im not sure what exactly your referring to. At 5:18, nothing unusual is happening. I see a j.2a dive cancel into 5b. I see a j6a over the opponent into j.2c dive. Are you referring to doing the birds in the air and how he can go one way and then come back? You can do that in a few ways but easiest is to j.6a over, double jump the j.6a back the other way

Hrms regarding the location of the bugs can someone do a list of what direction affects how they appear? :3 it might to good to know such stuff for a better keep away play =w=

OK guys after watching some more arakune videos I was able to pick up more combos, could we update the combo page right now? i feel like all the information is jumbled and I have to do way more work to find out his combos than other characters. Here's one you should add: 6A, 2B, 2A, 5B (one hit), 5D, 214A, CB bugs right into 6C loop. Problem Im having is that after the second loop I cant connect for a 3rd so it might only loop twice, will test more.

Have you calculated the damage? AFAIK 6A>5D is one of the more damaging starters, adding those extra hits particularly 2A before 6C loops would only lower the damage but I could be wrong. 3rd 6C loop can be character dependent and number of previous hits dependent. You usually need a 6A bug thrown in right after 6C to get it. The 3rd loop is kinda risky so quite often i don't even go for it unless i know it will kill them. You rather have the recurse and knockdown.

Erm one question about the 6C loop, if i loop the guy into the corner what bugs should i use to bring him up for the recurse? 6CB or 4CB?

You can't loop 6C deep in the corner AFAIK since the bugs hit earlier and allows them to tech. If your 6C loop moved you into the corner you should go straight into a recurse or a loop or two of 236C loops. If your near the corner and facing I usually go with 6CB. If your near corner and your back against it 4CB. Some characters are more lenient though. But experiment and let me know if you discover any exceptions with certain characters. I haven't had a chance to play the console version yet, still waiting on it to arrive so I'm going but what I've tested on the arcade.

some little tidbits: on Nu: from a hit j2a->5b instead of doing j.a -> j.b -> j.c -> j.d to curse, use j.a -> j.c -> j.d then bring back up with c-b bugs into 6c loop. The 1st combo 90% of the time will whiff Nu for the curse, the a-c combo will always curse.

Yeah ill check out the damages on it, the reason I like it is because you can hit confirm the 6A and have enough time to think about the combo so you dont fuck it up unlike 6A 5D into 236 one. After watching all of those souji vs dora videos I see how arakune plays now, you pretty much pressure with 2A pokes then 5A > 5B get out of my face poke and then get the cloud out once your safe distance away. Also he puts on the pressure with the j6A into j.b and then goes for j2a counter hits which seem to be the best bet Once he has him cursed though he plays completely different, he pretty much flings A and B bugs at him while 2A poking, the bugs draw the guy in so he can do a 6A overhead combo into the loop. pretty neat setups actually.

After watching all of those souji vs dora videos I see how arakune plays now, you pretty much pressure with 2A pokes then 5A > 5B

That's pretty good, but I daresay he has far more than that for pressure. Even when they aren't cursed.

Hrms regarding the location of the bugs can someone do a list of what direction affects how they appear? :3 it might to good to know such stuff for a better keep away play =w=

The best way to know for sure is to just go to training mode and see for yourself, I'll do a quick summary here, but yeah.

I believe the bugs will be in a set spot when you release the button, so if you're moving forward with say j.6c or j.236c and you're trying to hit them with a bug that comes in from the middle of the screen, you may want to try releasing it while holding 6.

Anyway, to the summary.

I'm using the starting positions of a match as reference to the characters. Arakune is player 1, and I have a Jin set up as player 2.

5a: All of the a bugs come in at an arc from the 6 side of the screen. the top of the arc is roughly the

middle of player 2's health. Comes down and lasts just behind Arakune.

4a: The top of the arc is just off screen above the time limit. Flies way past Arakune and lands off screen on the 4 side.

6a: The top of the arc is above the first few percent of player 2's life. Lands right in from of player 2's feet, it didn't hit Jin, (the person I have set to player 2) but it looks as if they were any taller it would hit them. I prefer this bug when using a.

5b: Comes in at a ~45 degree angle from the top of the screen from 4 to 6. Passes through halfway of player 1's life, and lands on the ground at about half way of player 2's life.

4b: Comes in at a ~45 degree angle from the 7 corner of the screen. Lands just short of the middle of the screen under the time limit.

6b: Same angle comes through about at the 30% mark of player 2's life, lands off screen on the 6 side.

5c: Comes up from the ground, behind player 2's starting position, hits him, and lands just short of the middle of the screen. The bug travels from 6 to 4

4c: Comes up a little 6 of the middle of the screen, and lands a right before player 1's feet/blobby appendage.

6c: Comes up from right below player 2's character portrait on the life bar, hits Jin's feet, not sure who else it hits/doesn't hits.

5d: Comes down from the top of the screen and a parabola (upside down arc) around the last few percent of player 2's life. It hits Jin if he's standing at the starting position. The d bug leaves the screen around half way through player 2's life.

4d: Comes down at the 20% mark of player 1's life, moves right in front of Arakune, and leaves between his life and the time limit.

6d: Comes down roughly around the 80-90% mark of player 2's life bar. Comes down a good bit 6 of player 2, and exits above player 2's character portrait.

Hope this helps. :keke:

Yea thanks lots :P for the list And thanks for the tips for 6C loops n stuff ^-^ i dont have console version so i have to do all my testing on arcade too which is kinda hard >..< Eh for the 236C loop if i get him into the corner with it do i need to use 6CB bugs or would neutral bugs do fine? cos i seem to be unable to launch them up sometimes lolz

If you read my note at the beginning of my bug summary :-p the bugs come out in relation to the screen, not the players. so if they are in the corner, you're going to want to use 6 if you're pushing them. I haven't tried much in the corner so I donno how bugs work, I just try getting the cheesy corner trap they use in the DVD that came with the game. 6c > 2c > 2c > 6d > 2d > 2d > to win. It doesn't happen very often sadly :-p But yeah, buy a console and the game! Or better yet, steal a friend's!

if there in a corner use all the 6 bugs, and if you get a 6D bug out while pressuring them with a j236C you add about 20 more hits lol

you should be careful spamming 2d twice in a row against people.. if they know their matchups they will just IB the first 2D and IAD out before 6D starts to get low enough. Even worse if they super through it. Had that happen to me vs tager, ragna, jin, bang

All right, I feel like the biggest scrub here. I'm having the hardest time with 2a > 5b > 5d > 214a > BC bug > 6c loop. So I get to the BC bug part, and as I'm landing from the 214a, they can recover after being hit with the bugs. I'm using 5bugs if I'm not mistaken. If I delay the bugs at all, they can instant block them. Everyone keeps saying how it's a bnb combo, and I'm not seeing anyone else saying they are having a problem with it. Is there something I'm missing? I've gotten it once, but I've tried at least 50 times since then and haven't been able to get it.:vbang:

you should be careful spamming 2d twice in a row against people.. if they know their matchups they will just IB the first 2D and IAD out before 6D starts to get low enough. Even worse if they super through it. Had that happen to me vs tager, ragna, jin, bang

Yes.. spamming 2D is bad, but the -D- bug should keep him in place (corner) and allow for 6D to be a little safer.. throw in a directional a/b bug for pressure/predicting jump out and that makes it pretty safe. Dbug and 6D should be summoned opposite of each other every 2 2D's.

But no curse = combo has huge gaping holes

All right, I feel like the biggest scrub here. I'm having the hardest time with 2a > 5b > 5d > 214a > BC bug > 6c loop.

So I get to the BC bug part, and as I'm landing from the 214a, they can recover after being hit with the bugs. I'm using 5bugs if I'm not mistaken. If I delay the bugs at all, they can instant block them. Everyone keeps saying how it's a bnb combo, and I'm not seeing anyone else saying they are having a problem with it. Is there something I'm missing? I've gotten it once, but I've tried at least 50 times since then and haven't been able to get it.:vbang:

It sounds to me like you just need to space your hits out more. There is a lot more stun than you think between the hits and you may be negative edging the bugs too close together. It's been said before that 214a and 236b and pretty interchangable, and I feel that 214a should only be used when you have to make up distance or all 3 hits of the 6c loop wont hit.

With this being said, you should watch (starts @3:05): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJY2apOFmDw (thanks to Senkai pg 1, post1). While this combo starts with 6a, 5d rather than 2a, 5b, 5d, the mixup before it pushes the Carl far enough that he needs to use 214a to gain some distance before 6c looping. But you can see how he spaces all of his hits ( and bug hits) pretty evenly and keeps the player stunned in a combo as long as possible, allowing as much time as possible for 6C to come out.

Just give it some more practice, and I'm sure you'll get it.