Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klbklbklb

[CT] ν-13 Video Thread

More Nu videos

looking for advice

Trying to mix melee and a zone v-13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBk9YhJv92k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe7dUD-w9FI&feature=channel

I will just add something small, hit confirm 3c into gravity or 214 D. One of the main problems is I don't see it being uses this well as 3c is a ~8 hit attack giving you ample of time to Hit confirm into many set up and combo. You've seem to cancel on the 7 or so 7 hit so I'm assuming your not registering Nu's ability to hitconfirm.

Besides that just work on rachel specific combo. RC less cause you can pick her up with 5dd ^^, its easier to just do Tk creasent saber into 5dd 6DD 2DD creasent saber, Ab Lib stuff into 5dd pick up.

side not: I find it funny when poeple block 4b, the FIRST HIT is not an overhead head only the second one is ^^, if you block crouching switch to standing block hence you have a ~17 frames overhead.

Already commeted on your Nu on YT and yeah i'm also trying to mix melee and zoning

and one more thing i realy think you don't need to go with the CH 2C 6C dash 2DD 2147D dash 2B 2C jDD dj2DD dj214D (if this is the combo you were going for if you were going for ...2147D 3C 236D RC one that's just waste of meter IMO)

instead you should go with the CH 2C 6C dash 2DD jC j2C land 2DD j2C djDD dj214D its much more damaging (the first combo is around 4213 dmg and the second one is somewhere around the 4600-4700+)

I didn't know you could land after 2c in that combo dude.....guess i have to roll back to training and have a look see.

I appreciate the advice dude.

I will just add something small, hit confirm 3c into gravity or 214 D. One of the main problems is I don't see it being uses this well as 3c is a ~8 hit attack giving you ample of time to Hit confirm into many set up and combo. You've seem to cancel on the 7 or so 7 hit so I'm assuming your not registering Nu's ability to hitconfirm.

Besides that just work on rachel specific combo. RC less cause you can pick her up with 5dd ^^, its easier to just do Tk creasent saber into 5dd 6DD 2DD creasent saber, Ab Lib stuff into 5dd pick up.

side not: I find it funny when poeple block 4b, the FIRST HIT is not an overhead head only the second one is ^^, if you block crouching switch to standing block hence you have a ~17 frames overhead.

The reason why i went for that combo off Rachel is because i had just got through playing Arakune and his hit box is silly so i was doing that combo.

Also last time i checked when you try picking up Rachel, Tager, or Bang with just DD after the Crescent Saber the Heat goes black or they tech up unless they are in a corner. So i just RC afterwards. but if you say i can pick them up i will go for it.

:D thanks for the advice been meaning to get my vids up alot earlier so i can get some advice.

Not to fond of the gravity really as you see. I just stopped using it altogether, Even when it comes to 3c into 214a.

The reason i do 3c into 214D is because i know the guys i was playing against and whenever they see that they just freeze up. so i do it on block and on hit. Whenever someone else uploads a vid of me playing someone random i'll upload it and i guess that would serve as a better guideline to critique.

As for the canceling on the 7th hit i do that because sometimes i fuck up and i'll miss the link because i waited for the 8th hit. so i either continue off the 7th or 6th hit.

Still i appreciate the support. :D

I didn't know you could land after 2c in that combo dude.....guess i have to roll back to training and have a look see.

I appreciate the advice dude.

here is the vid i picked that combo from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llM_nsJ8Jf0 00:51

or another look here by yours truly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRPWpcfK_A 00:20

here some advice for that combo you want to hit the first jC at the top of your jump and when the oppenet is start falling so the j2C will be close to the ground so you will land and you'll be able to hit the 2DD before he can tech (take some practicebut it's realy not hard)

than do the jump straight up again and do the j2C as quick as possible and than you do 7DD and press the 7 and the D toghter so Nu you will barely see the double jump animation

My friend found out that you can jump backwards but i got used to the regular method

Anyway its well worth the damage

edit:for Rachel don't go for DJ in you combos beside the ending for example you can do this loop

corner 5DD 4DD 236D RC [5DD 6DD 2DD 2147D]x2 5DD 6DD 2DD jDD dj2DD dj214DD

basicly you want to be close to the ground and land slightly after Rachel and than 5DD or small dash into 5DD no need to waste meter here

here is the vid i picked that combo from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llM_nsJ8Jf0 00:51

or another look here by yours truly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRPWpcfK_A 00:20

here some advice for that combo you want to hit the first jC at the top of your jump and when the oppenet is start falling so the j2C will be close to the ground so you will land and you'll be able to hit the 2DD before he can tech (take some practicebut it's realy not hard)

than do the jump straight up again and do the j2C as quick as possible and than you do 7DD and press the 7 and the D toghter so Nu you will barely see the double jump animation

My friend found out that you can jump backwards but i got used to the regular method

Anyway its well worth the damage

edit:for Rachel don't go for DJ in you combos beside the ending for example you can do this loop

corner 5DD 4DD 236D RC [5DD 6DD 2DD 2147D]x2 5DD 6DD 2DD jDD dj2DD dj214DD

basicly you want to be close to the ground land before Rachel and than 5DD or small dash into 5DD no need to waste meter here

That first vid is fuckin sick the whole first match Jin was locked down in the corner.

I like the 6a after 214a didn't know it lead into J.D

As for your vid. badass nu, the combo does not look all that complicated, i should be able to get that down before the next tourny. Thanks dude.

ummmmm on a side note isn't that Nu you were playing against.....below your par. lol

no offense to the guy. Other than that i like your play style. your not a Nu who plays keep away and generates the hate she has now.

That first vid is fuckin sick the whole first match Jin was locked down in the corner.

I like the 6a after 214a didn't know it lead into J.D

As for your vid. badass nu, the combo does not look all that complicated, i should be able to get that down before the next tourny. Thanks dude.

ummmmm on a side note isn't that Nu you were playing against.....below your par. lol

no offense to the guy. Other than that i like your play style. your not a Nu who plays keep away and generates the hate she has now.

NO NO NO NO that guy is much better than me actuly he got a great Nu and most of the time we're playing he got the upper hand so he almost doesn't make any mistakes i actuly picked up alot of stuff from him (like backdashing between the swords and other stuff like that)

so actuly i'm below his par lol

and no that combo is realy not hard just get the timing for the jC j2C and djDD not hard and worth the damage

check out the Nu vs Nu set i posted its me vs my friend i would realy like to hear some commets and advices for both of us

well since i came to you for advice i don't see how i could possibly offer any lol, but i'll look and give you my thoughts. Sorry to the other nu then, you must've had the upper hand that round.

dude, lol i watched the second vid and there isn't a shred of advice i can give you, other than i see alot of 214d from you, why not 236d? Then again the two of you play alot so i can't say much, otherwise the both of you are on point in the second vid. add me on the psn i need Nu mirror practice. thats why i cant give advice cuz i've only done 1 nu mirror since i started playing her. :\

well since i came to you for advice i don't see how i could possibly offer any lol, but i'll look and give you my thoughts.

Sorry to the other nu then, you must've had the upper hand that round.

anything that can help i laso posted those videos looking for advices

also here is the full playlist of that a-cho tourney http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=70D4589E13651371

you got Tsukasa (yellow) Chou (pink) and Reria (green) playing

and you can pick up alot of great stuff' like in the first vid Nu vs Rachel

Reria is doing 2C 2147D overhead mixup and gets a KD and than 2147D~C airdash j2C very close to the ground for another overhead and goes for a damgaing combo

great material for any Nu player

The reason why i went for that combo off Rachel is because i had just got through playing Arakune and his hit box is silly so i was doing that combo.

Also last time i checked when you try picking up Rachel, Tager, or Bang with just DD after the Crescent Saber the Heat goes black or they tech up unless they are in a corner. So i just RC afterwards. but if you say i can pick them up i will go for it.

:D thanks for the advice been meaning to get my vids up alot earlier so i can get some advice.

Not to fond of the gravity really as you see. I just stopped using it altogether, Even when it comes to 3c into 214a.

The reason i do 3c into 214D is because i know the guys i was playing against and whenever they see that they just freeze up. so i do it on block and on hit. Whenever someone else uploads a vid of me playing someone random i'll upload it and i guess that would serve as a better guideline to critique.

As for the canceling on the 7th hit i do that because sometimes i fuck up and i'll miss the link because i waited for the 8th hit. so i either continue off the 7th or 6th hit.

Still i appreciate the support. :D

You can do it mid screen but it has special condition that you must follow in order for it to properly hit. I'm just going to call Darksoul173 as DS from now ^^, which he has probably mention.

Point 1: the height at which you did crescent saber. perfect condition is when you're lower than your opponent the lower you are the more easier it is to pick up since they will hit the ground later.

Point 2: distance, frames for 5D to pick up taking the initial 15 frames into the earliest possible being the fastest.

At most people just do 2c tk crescent saber into 5dd pick into more combo which by far is the easiest but does considerable damage for anyone starting out with nu.

gravity goes into a decent 4k~~ I would suggest all Nu learn it, example one, IB Jin ice car B follow up combo at optimal should be 3c gravity into combo. Once Jin land he is in recovery but is not counter hit.

**Side Note**

It is nice to see the nu sub forum more active, at start she was so hated no many people gave advice on how to improve or tips on playing Nu. awell let see where it goes.

'7th hit or 8th hit'

I'm really not fuss myself but I saw damage potential there which isn't raelly hard to do, I would say to make it a habit to use gravity if you see it since it goes into KD anyway but you get more damage and it give you a large advantage if you can seize punishable opptunity where it isn't CH state.

gravity goes into a decent 4k~~ I would suggest all Nu learn it, example one, IB Jin ice car B follow up combo at optimal should be 3c gravity into combo. Once Jin land he is in recovery but is not counter hit. or tips on playing Nu. awell let see where it goes.

'7th hit or 8th hit'

I'm really not fuss myself but I saw damage potential there which isn't raelly hard to do, I would say to make it a habit to use gravity if you see it since it goes into KD anyway but you get more damage and it give you a large advantage if you can seize punishable opptunity where it isn't CH state.

What do you mean by 4k and KD?

What do you mean by 4k and KD?

isn't there something universal in the lanuage of fighting games?

4k = 4000, ~ = approximately, KD = knock down.

Makes sense when you explain it. Just I'm used to seeing ~ being used to show move modifiers, such as 2147D~C means tiger knee crescent saber cancel or instant air the crescent saber and cancel it. KD generally means knockdown... I just didn't recognize for some reason :vbang:

Mind you, it's only possible if you get the second hit only, and very late into the second hit. Also, if you get a counter hit, the vacuum effect will often put them behind you, making it impossible to combo.

Mind you, it's only possible if you get the second hit only, and very late into the second hit. Also, if you get a counter hit, the vacuum effect will often put them behind you, making it impossible to combo.

Aight thanks for pointing out.

Still seem usefull after an oki 664B (maybe?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJkoSaBjLk

Heres a match up me playing a tager any tips?

My opinion? to many D's you have to remember Tager has a guard point for projectiles and your D is.........a projectile.

You got punished for it a few times, what you should do is just do normals, i found 2C and 6C are VERY effective against his sledge hammer. after awhile the Tager will either stop doing Sledge hammer or lose the match.

Other than that not really much else i saw besides you were doing the 5DD 4DD 236D RC 5DD etc. after the RC you should do Dash 6C 2DD jc j2c land 2DD....you know the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPn2sA2UV6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tgT8OEq3DA

Matches of me and Kyle the Carl Mod. That man is mad beast son. I did my best to keep up with him he beat me 7-3 heres like 5 matches. so any tips to fight carl?

Its easier to look at the Carl Match up forum and gather ideas. First you need to understand playing carl is very much fighting for your life, you have to play a perfect game and not get hit. You can attack carl from the air when nirvana is far away since he cannot get a clap loop on you in that situation.

The first aspect is of vs. Carl is judging how good the Carl Player is? This usually involves if he is doing 100% loops or 40-80% loops. Where in a case he drops combo you will at least have 3 chances to survive. As in he will need to hit you 3 times to win. For Carl Nu is loop-able but he can f**k up. So just watch and see what the carl can do, if he drops the combo you have a larger chance of escaping rather falling for clap traps. It is online so he has more chance of screwing up.

Second step is registering if they’re imperfect loop, claps traps rely heavily on being able to release Ada clap when going for air thrown. In the sense that I’m refer to imperfect is when the active frame for clap trap < Duration allowed to tech air throws during loops.

Clap (8D) = 4+28 frames

throw escape during hit/gaurd stun = 27 frames

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/03#throwescape

To legally perform a clap loop carl has a 1-5 frames margin of error to succeed if not you can throw tech at latest as possible and escape. Although I’m not sure how Carl works in a sense has I know he can use nirvana in hit stun but is it before throw or can he do it during throws for proper throw combo? I haven’t yet factor in throw start up but if you assuming teching late is possible you can just read nirvana active frames of clap and hit B+C at the last frame moment and AD out. This is easier said then done.

I'm just illustrating to tech as latest as possible when you see imperfect loops. in Japanese standard throw loops are inescapable but I have a feeling the one we see (non-japanese)are escapble/techable.

That the player (carl) side of the match up.

Goryus has already written some analysis but I make it obvious your priorities are better than Carl in most cases and by rights you too can kill carl in 2-3 combo and for the killing blow make sure you aim for unburstable combo.

The match up involves baiting Nirvana into attack and hiting her to reduce Nirvana Bar thus increase your survival chance. Act puslar is your key to not getting sandwich by Carl/Nirvana. Useful strings are 2A>2b>2c act pulsar.

Besides that you are require to play a patient game as zoning is your best tool vs carl in this case, nobody wants to run up and melee carl even tager even though he is forced to by nature lol.

I think in general you just didn't understand the match up, basics has to be cover first before highlighting any real mistakes.

EDIT 1: Don't drop your combo's lol.

EDIT 2: If ada is active you hit her with 2c, of course carl should be baiting it but thats the general attack vs Ada you can 3c however your recovery is larger if you whiff or hit.

EDIT 3: Ayumi Hamasaki is <3