Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killey

[CT] Jin vs Rachel

From my experience rachels break down if they can't get you in the corner or even in a defensive stance after a while. From the start of the Match I either 626A(Light Gale) or 24A->626A. The Main offensive tools She really has(when you ARE NOT) In the corner, is the pumpkin and tiny lobelias, ALL tools to get a hit and force you in the corner. That is the real danger, She has decent air combo's but nothing serious as long as you ukemi away from the Corner. Pumpkin: Just Bait, She will move with the wind so basically enough with the pumpkin she will be right behind it. Now its just the waiting game until you can get in with an attack, really if you are mid screen you have nearly nothing to worry about as long as you block Low as rachel nears you. Lobelias; These can be tricky, In my experiences these have been used both offensively and defensively very successfully. even a decent rachel can somewhat zone you with these. Unfortunately Its another case of the waiting game, its not hard to maneuver around them,(there can only be three at a time) so as long as you are not in a combo string blocking will do, A version of Icecar is safest way to get closer to her as long as she has yet to shoot one. I 626A on instinct And that Beats out most of her attempts when I'm near. Also if you are both on other side of the screen, If you see her shoot a tiny lobelia, Jins 236A will trade you both damage, It might also inflict mental stress on the other player as they realize that they cannot use the attack without damage being done to them. Remember If you are in range or even LOOK like you are going to Ice car, they are likely to set them off (Thundaaa!!) SO beware, half of the time they will use Sword Iris Immediately or on block. Rachels' strategies; In my experience Blizzard and gale are you're BEST FRIENDS. Rachels' 6b or 6c, I forget but its the attack in which she elongates a fork and Knife from her dress. Beware this attack it STUNS on counter, Leading into massive damage on you're part, this also allows them to push you into the corner which most of the times = MAD PAIN YO! If Rachel is above you, go for Blizzard or gale, Don't jump (In my case they ended badly..However this MIGHT be just my own weakness. Not JINS' specifically) She will Most likely attempt a 2C Mid-air. The attack in which Her dress ruffles up a bit and she charges down, It is also used as a mixup as I remember. Basically enough if your not sure, just B Block, ALWAYS Barrier block. I know in most cases you might NOT want to barrier block against characters so that you are still in range to Counter. However In my experience BB is necessary Or else she Merely Keep whacking at your defense and you'll never get away from her onslaught. 5c ->5D is great Against her, or any enemy. Its a quick combo Pushes enemy away and allows you to retreat if defended. Also repeated use will put strain on the enemies Guard Libra, giving way for a guard break = MAD PAIN....FOR DEM YO! Other common Attack patterns Includes the long winded Low belt Chain attack that she sylpheed's into for more damage and combo starter. Which Is why I usually block low if they charge. She has a slow move in which she turns around and uses the dress to attack in a down forward motion(someone help me with the terminology?) , it hits if you are blocking low so beware of it, If anything I treat that situation like noel, Block low always, Normal block on instinct if you see it coming. Keep all non-poke(crouching A) attacks at a distance or suffer the chair of MAD ELECTROCUTION.....YO. And for the LOVE OF GAWD. If you see the frog, It's basically IMPLIED that they are about to ravage you with an Assault, so prepare thusly. Air Raid..erm..(Three air sword thing..) Dual Ice, Anything that will keep her at bay. The trick to defeating rachel Is in superb defense. IMO, We all know JIN has an offensive that kicks ass, but that does not help if you are in the corner being electro-fork-frog-raped.. Like any player, and IMO especially rachels, Countering their Assaults leave them flustered. as soon as you get the First Gale or blizzard in go for the rush down, unleash. Allowing her to unveil the frog and tiny lobelias will only make it easier for your defeat don't give them TIME to react. Erm..Hope this helps or gives ideas.. Forgive me for any lack of legitimacy in the post..

very nice post help alot one question with her ground spinning thing i can never tell when its going to stop and then she going to jump up and do the down wind and j2C any idea on when it stops or can she stop it at any point wat should i look for hard to react to go from lol to high cause ican never really quiet tell... make me wanna :vbang:

She spins a certain number of times (I think four). Go check it out in training mode. As for her aerial skirt drill thing, it's pretty slow startup (to me) so you just gotta learn to react to it. I think you can maybe sneak a 623C the moment she starts it up, though if she uses sylpheed to come down with the skirt drill, she'll recover faster.

In my experience there are 2 types of Rachels play styles. One that zones and traps you for the match or the ones that rush down severely and trap you within the corner. Personally, I find the rush down style much more easy to deal with then the zoning. The fact of the matter is Rachel is superior to Jin in terms of straight up zoning. With rushdown Rachels they are looking to mix you up with hi/lows and traps with the frogs. Her block strings are incredibly easy to IB, imo, and leave her open for counter attacks especially if they are ending their strings with lobelia's. Lobelia's leave her in a CH state so if you can IB the string you get a free CH 5C combo for big damage. The thing you have to worry about the most with rush down Rachel is her insane abilities to guard crush you. Jin has good guard libra but Rachel can crush it within 2-3 block strings and that's if you are IBing 90-100% of the string. Thankfully, most of the her block strings leave her vulnerable in a CH state allowing you to get high damage combos in. If you find yourself close to being guard broken you have to Barrier Block her offense. Her guard breaking close to the corner sets you up for 4-7k dmg easily. The problem with barrier blocking out is that Rachel can just back off and start her zoning game, which puts Jin at a disadvantage again as he now has to work his way in. I'll go over the details of a zoning Rachel later on though. Anyways, luckily for us Rachel doesn't have many options once she's put on the defensive. I think her best defensive options is Cat Chair, 6A, Dead Angle, and IB Wind her way out. The first 2 are very specific and leave her open for punishment. The other 2 are more annoying and doesn't give you many options once she does that but they are much more specific and harder to get out. Once on the defensive Rachel crumbles pretty easily. She is very susceptable to Jin's frame traps, imo, and has a really hard time getting of Jin's pressure game. The corner is where rush down Rachels are scary as they probably have 50% heat and a single screw up costs you 7k dmg easily. They are trapping you with Lobelias, Pumpkin, and George. George is the biggest problem but he is very easy to IB if you find yourself in that situation which nets you good meter. There really isn't any point in Barrier Block George unless you are close to being guard broken. I prefer to IB George for the meter as barrier blocking doesn't stop the Rachel mix up games so you might as well build meter while being on the defensive. It could save you from future rushes as you can build up to 50% and Dead Angle out. The thing about being in the corner is that you have to know what options Rachel has at that point. Point blank Lobelia's keep you pinned but if you IB them you can land 5C CH combos. 6A prevents you from jumping in on her while her wind manipulation screws up your spacing to get out. You can definitely IB and SJ C Ice Car out of the corner or IB and B/C/D Fubuki out. Pumpkin+Wind will put you back into the corner for a 3k air combo that sets up a Lobelia and corner George tricks. Triple corner Lobelia's is very scary and you don't want to mindless attack Rachel as this is why she can deal 7k damage. CH 6A combo into corner Baden Baden Lily with triple Lobelia's followed by straight up wind with that normal where she spins around in the air deals a ton of damage and can easily clich the match for her. Be very careful with Rachels that mask there George launches in the corner. Usually, if they combo you in the corner they'll toss George out in the air as you are falling so you don't even realize they've done that. While you think it's safe to attack George sneaks in from behind and hits you. IBing is your friend in this match up and it really isn't that hard to do against Rachel as a lot of her attacks are multi-hitters that are easy to IB. It really opens up a lot of CH opportunities for Jin that will shift the momentum of the match to your favor. Zoning Rachels are more trickier as they are using safer moves to keep you at bay and it's incredibly annoying trying to get in close as Winds are always pushing you out of distance and back into her traps. The thing you have to keep an eye on is her wind guage. If they over commit to the zoning they will run out of Wind and this is your perfect time to get closer to Rachel. Without wind they can't screw around with your rush and they can't poke you with Pumpkins so their tools to keep them safe are limited. Their tools for rushing becomes limited as well so this is pretty much the key time to deal the most damage on her and shift the momentum to your favor. If they are properly managing their wind there will be brief gaps in her zoning game that let you get closer. Capitalize on those moments and cover as much ground as you can. Again, IBing is your friend but it doesn't give you many opportunities for counters unlike rush down Rachels. Lobelia spamming can be dealt with with Ice Cars. D Ice Car x 2-3->C Ice Car makes Rachels rethink about spamming Lobelia's. At this point Rachel is just looking to zone and trap you into mistakes so she can deal a simple combo on you. You can't get flustered with this because her trap game is really good and always puts you at risk of taking 4-7k dmg and landing you in the corner for trap games. You actually have to turtle against a zoning Rachel, which is tough and annoying because Jin really shines up close so working your way towards Rachel while minimizing your damage is rough. Coupled with the fact that she can just Wind to the other side of the screen when you do get close to repeat the zoning is even more irritating but again if she over commits to the wind she leaves herself vulnerable for a rush down. Those Lobelia zoning has gaps to them and she's got really bad recovery time with the ground version so you have time to get in closer or if you are within striking range punish and set up your pressure game. Misc. Rachel Info: 6A and Cat Chair can clash with A/B Fubuki at max range and I don't think you recover fast enough to punish.

I suppose if you IB the hit before it and you are anticipating on the overhead. I'll have to ask the Rachel players I play against what their block strings with the overhead are like. I'm not sure what exactly chains into it. I think it's quite possible but the reaction timing seems pretty tight to me.

J2c has horrid recovery if it is a miss, so yes, c and d dp will be guaranteed hits if you guess right. Be wary though, c dp can be baited pretty easily by rachel, and for a shit load of damage (6b combo starter is going to kill you for a min of 5.3-4k).

heres the best anti-rachel strategy

1. go back to character screen

2. pick v-13

3. DDDDDDDDD

4. You win

Isn't that the best anti-everyone strategy. :gonk: