Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Just a quick note I noticed on Hazama's combos that may help some of you maximize his damage potential:

If you neutral throw into 6D~A > 623D, you should always follow up with (Dash) 3C > 236236B > Jayoku Combo. Never rapid cancel the Jakou, and use 214D~C.

However, if you hit them out of a move with a (CH) 214D~B > [6D~A x n] > 623D, you always follow up with a (RC) Jakou into 214D~C. Never dash into 236236B after 214D~C.

For some reason, the way Hazama's moves prorate... always creates a higher damage output when using a Neutral Throw to a Jayoku combo. And a 214D~B to a RC combo. Just thought that advice might help some people. If anyone doesn't believe me, they can try it out themselves, and see what I mean. (The only mistake I could have made is the difference between CH 214D~B and FC 214D~B. However, I think both ways, the RC combo would do more than the Dash 3C Jayoku one.

Edit: Wow Eclipse, I totally read your post wrong. XD

Btw, wtf is up with Hakumen- I do neutral throw, 6d-a x 2, 623, 663c, jayoku, but the super whiffs. Is he just special?

^ Yeah, I thought it might have been a bit too confusing. The way I worded it was a bit awkward. And I don't think Hakumen's special, you might need to wait until the very end of the dash for 3C. Otherwise, you can 6D~A once instead of twice, so they're closer to you for Jayoku to hit. On the other hand, the timing for (Dash) 3C will be stricter that way, but it should almost certainly hit then.

You can punish pretty much any projectile or long recovery attack close to the ground thats a decent length away from you.

I.E Litchi's Great Wheel if she TK's it, any of Rachel's stuff, Jin's ice swords, Lambda's swords (risky) etc etc. It give's a bit of invul so you can use it to dodge projectiles for the lols too.

Also after Jakou I like to do slight delayed 8j.6d (or 7j.6d if they're too close) to force them into blockstun or if I notice they're prone to tech rolling I can just buffer a rekkazan and hit it when they tech and hit them before they can recover.

OK, I thought it had some uses apart from the stuff I mentioned, but you can't really tell in pro jap match vids since they never do it.

How easy is it to punish random, say Jin's ice swords, with Mizuchi? I'm guessing pretty easy since it has 7 frames of invincibility and it's active during the invincibility?

OK, I thought it had some uses apart from the stuff I mentioned, but you can't really tell in pro jap match vids since they never do it.

How easy is it to punish random, say Jin's ice swords, with Mizuchi? I'm guessing pretty easy since it has 7 frames of invincibility and it's active during the invincibility?

Very easy to punish if you're on your toes. Pretty much if you nab them with it you're fully invincible.

Jakou -> Hungry Coils

Jasetsu -> Serpent's Benediction

Zaineiga -> Devouring Fang

Hirentotsu -> Wind Serpent's Fang

._.

Jakou -> Hungry Coils

Hirentotsu -> Wild Serpent's Fang

._.

You are my hero for posting this. It's going to take me a whie to remember these new names from the challenge mode video, but I definitely like them. For some reason Hungry Coils seems awesome to me, even though I'd normally find it weird.

Edit: I think it might be Wind Serpent's Fang, but I could easily be wrong.

Serpent's Benediction sounds awesome.

I might miss hearing "Jayokou... HOOOOUUUTENNNJIII!!" though.

Also I think it is Wind Serpant's Fang.

New Move Info: http://mycheats.1up.com/view/faq/3173325/75439/blazblue__continuum_shift/xbox_360

What we have so far:

Jakou -> Hungry Coils

Ressenga - > Falling Fang

Gashoukyaku - > Rising Fang

Jabaki - > Venom Sword

Gasaishou - > Blood Fangs?

Unlimited Only:

623B - > Snake Kick *New Attack*

Indeed, and the new moves sound kind of cool. I think the bypass ones are normal. And the attacks from Serpents Benediction are auto-charged without waiting the 25 frames. And from the new unlimited video: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30192

Jakou -> Hungry Coils

Ressenga - > Falling Fang

Gashoukyaku - > Rising Fang

Jabaki - > Venom Sword

Gasaishou - > Blood Fangs

Unlimited Only:

623B - > Snake Kick *New Attack*

Gasaishou and all of the above confirmed. Still waiting on Mizuchi and Jayoku though. Let's hope Hazama doesn't scream out the names of all of his attacks like Ragna, but I have a feeling he's cooler than that, haha.

Oh god...Hazama dubs...I hope I never hear them >_>, BTW horrible translations for the moves(lulz seriously? he's gonna say "serpent's benediction" everytime 214D is used?).

^ Nah, he'll just snicker. :V

Dude who voiced him in CT had a pretty awesome laugh imo, and that's all that really matters.

^ Nah, he'll just snicker. :V

Dude who voiced him in CT had a pretty awesome laugh imo, and that's all that really matters.

This, I hope he sounds as badass and maniacal during Mizuchi as his Japanese VA does. Everytime I do that move I'm like "PLEASE LAUGH PLEASE LAUGH!"

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

If they're gonna translate Jayoku Hotenjin.. it better be a cool translation because I've gotten WAY to used to calling it Hotenjin..

Space Kick.

Speaking of which, I was playing my friend a couple of days ago and did: cross-up, j.2c, land, Jayoku. It does about 1.7k before the follow up. Does anybody else do this?

Space Kick.

Speaking of which, I was playing my friend a couple of days ago and did: cross-up, j.2c, land, Jayoku. It does about 1.7k before the follow up. Does anybody else do this?

I use j.B crossup to Jayoku personally. It prorates less, so you get a little more damage out of it. I usually use j.2C when I'm coming in on a chain though, and combo into Jayoku from there. The problem is, when coming in a hit confirm chain, the proration really kills the combo. You'll only reach around 3-3.5K damage and it blue beats way sooner than it would otherwise.

I hear that the new Unlimited character info is at this link, but every time I go to it, I don't see anything but a bunch of Gamefaqs-type links with no info. Do I need to be logged into that site or is there just something I'm missing here?

I hear that the new Unlimited character info is at this link, but every time I go to it, I don't see anything but a bunch of Gamefaqs-type links with no info. Do I need to be logged into that site or is there just something I'm missing here?

This might be the wrong place for this. Nonetheless, try going to the BlazBlue CS News and Info thread, it's in the last few pages there, and it has a lot of info on the Unlimited Characters. It's the right site, just not the right link.

I use j.B crossup to Jayoku personally. It prorates less, so you get a little more damage out of it. I usually use j.2C when I'm coming in on a chain though, and combo into Jayoku from there. The problem is, when coming in a hit confirm chain, the proration really kills the combo. You'll only reach around 3-3.5K damage and it blue beats way sooner than it would otherwise.

Alternatively depending on your angle and distance you can just skip the j.2c and early land > Jayoku.

I do that sometimes... Damage isn't too great but it aint bad either.