Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Don't you love it when you Fatal Counter a barrier block?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_xjygiDIw#t=5m20s

Haha, yes, that is awesome. I guess it counts as an attack or something of that sort. My anticipation of the game is really building up. Does anyone know if July 20th is actually the confirmed U.S. release date? Or is it July 27th now?

Are you sure he didn't just fidget, because I'm pretty sure there are no CH frames on blocking...

Are you sure he didn't just fidget, because I'm pretty sure there are no CH frames on blocking...

i'm pretty sure he tried to 2a poke out but somehow cancelled it into barrier during super flash..

but yeah afaik it's 27th for US BBCS release.

I wish j.214b was an overhead.. it looks so much like one :gonk:

Any uses for it outside of combos?

I thought it'd be decent as a mix-up but it's not an overhead and TK'n it is pretty fast so I'm not too sure on it being a frame trap. Not also to mention on block its unsafe.

You shouldn't ever use it unless it's a combo ender. Well, maybe TK it if you need to break their last primer.

You shouldn't ever use it unless it's a combo ender. Well, maybe TK it if you need to break their last primer.

I don't think I've ever had a situation where I guard breaked somebody.. 5 Primers is a bitch to take off with Hazama.. :gonk:

I don't think I've ever had a situation where I guard breaked somebody.. 5 Primers is a bitch to take off with Hazama.. :gonk:

Yeah, his guard break potential is much less than great (A nice way of saying horrible...). I understand that Hirentotsu is a cool move, but you'll see it enough with nearly all of his BnB's and followups after Jayoku ending in it... Scratch that...

Nearly all of his combos ending in it, haha.

Just looked at the combo thread... and wow... Literally 90% of his combos including Flashy Combos end with j.214B#. The other ones end in the much cooler Jakou and MIzuchi Rekkazan, but they're rarely used for a combo ender, haha.

I guess the one of the most important parts of Hazama's game is hitting with those 10 j.C's followed by the j.214B. Sounds fun... (Especially when new players who spam the same moves won't be able to pull it off on every character... :cool: )

If I'm pushing them into the corner I like to do j.cx5 dj.cx5 (drop combo) land 2D~D j.214b# as a tech trap.. its a gimmick but I find alot of people fall for it heaps.. for the first one or two times..

the j.c's are important because damn they do a lot of damage and the meter.. :D

I guess the one of the most important parts of Hazama's game is hitting with those 10 j.C's followed by the j.214B. Sounds fun... (Especially when new players who spam the same moves won't be able to pull it off on every character... :cool: )

It is fun for a while... but after that you start wondering how would it be if you could do something else to get meter as you get bored of mashing C :psyduck:

But yeah, Hazama pwns :yaaay:

I heard Jakou (623D) builds a fair bit of meter :v:

Oh it definitely builds a decent amount of meter, and I love comboing one Jayoku into another after Jakou gives me just enough heat for 3C > 236236B. It still doesn't build anywhere near the level of J.C's though.

Just as a rough estimate, I'd say it builds... around 15-24 meter.

^ His Jayoku is like an investment since you get back ~40 of the 50 heat you used for it. :V

Use for j.214B: Trolling. :vbang:

In the last of the G3 vids at around 4:55 the Hazama player shows a pretty cool grab combo I've never seen. Grab > 6D ~ D > j.C X 5 (4 connect ) > ( land ) 236D for 2374.

I'm curious if its character specific with characters with big aerial hitboxes or if it could possibly be expanded.

In the last of the G3 vids at around 4:55 the Hazama player shows a pretty cool grab combo I've never seen. Grab > 6D > j.C X 5 (4 connect ) > ( land ) 236D for 2374.

I'm curious if its character specific with characters with big aerial hitboxes or if it could possibly be expanded.

Not too great tbh. Bit of a long thing here and if I'm wrong anywhere feel free to correct me but.

Off a neutral grab you can connect 6D and either

1. Grab > 6D~A > 6D > Jakou (Doesn't work on all or my timing for 6D is a bit off. I can never seem to be able to get Noel into Jakou range) (> (dash 3c > Jayoku / [corner] 2b > 5c > j.214b#))

2. Grab > 6D~A > 6D~D > j.cx3-4 > dj.cx5 > j.214b (what I usually do)

3. Grab > 6D~D > j.cx3-4 > 5c > (2C) > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214b# (only works if they're low enough and you do the j.c early enough to stop your rising momentum I think. Works on at least ragna haku and Tager but timing is iffy..)

4. Grab > Jayoku > Fun-times

While that combo into 236D isn't too bad afaik generally ending most things in a 236D isn't that great as you have better options for damage (also does a grab > 6D > j.c > 236D even link? do you mean back-grab >5D > j.c > 236D?). Can't really follow up 236d unless its on a CH into corner afaik. (CH 236D > 5C > 2C ... )

Can link to video plz? :D

On a back-grab on most characters theres alot more options. Generally you'd do back-grab > 5D > whatever. Examples

1. Back-Grab > 5D~D > j.Cx3-4 > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214b#

2. Back-Grab > 5D~D > 5C (timing is a bit strict) > Jayoku > whatever

3. Back-Grab > 5D > Rekkazan!

4. Back-Grab > Jayoku

You can just do Back grab straight into Rekkazan, too. I think it looks cooler that way.

I've actually stopped using Rekkazan except as a punish against Jin / Rachel for ground projectiles or Litchi when she does Great Wheel. (The one where she can control the input, if she TK's that it's funny :v: ) Also I sometimes do it against Arakune's if they like to IAD close to the ground because that is SLOW.

I find that saving the meter for a threat of a random Jayoku and/or having the meter to RC it if neccesary is alot more effective.

I've actually stopped using Rekkazan except as a punish against Jin / Rachel for ground projectiles or Litchi when she does Great Wheel. (The one where she can control the input, if she TK's that it's funny :v: ) Also I sometimes do it against Arakune's if they like to IAD close to the ground because that is SLOW.

I find that saving the meter for a threat of a random Jayoku and/or having the meter to RC it if neccesary is alot more effective.

Well, with Hazama, you'll always have so much meter you can mess around. But saving it for Jayoku is always the most viable option as of now. When the game finally comes out, I think I'll end up using Mizuchi Rekkazan a lot against beginners to show off.

And because, when dealing with experienced players, I'll save the heat for the massive damage Jayoku combos. At least I'll be able to see the move at some points. I'll also combo Jayoku into 6D~A x N > 623D > 632146C. I'm surprised people don't go for that more. I know it's a bit flashy, but around 6000 damage is nothing to scoff at. I did see Buppa finish Akira's Tager that way though, and I was proud.

And because, when dealing with experienced players, I'll save the heat for the massive damage Jayoku combos. At least I'll be able to see the move at some points. I'll also combo Jayoku into 6D~A x N > 623D > 632146C. I'm surprised people don't go for that more. I know it's a bit flashy, but around 6000 damage is nothing to scoff at. I did see Buppa finish Akira's Tager that way though, and I was proud.

It's because dash 3c > JAYOKU after a 623D will do more damage especially as its psuedo unburstable if you go for another 6d setup after it. It can reach almost 7k which is alot better and builds back more meter. (They should be dead by now..)

I haven't been able to get the timing down right but once I do I'll be using it a bit more often to have an unburstable finish. :keke: I do find the timing for a dash 3C > 236236B easier than Rekkazan though..

Nevertheless it does look awesome and the unburstable damage is definately nice.

It's because dash 3c > JAYOKU after a 623D will do more damage especially as its psuedo unburstable if you go for another 6d setup after it. It can reach almost 7k which is alot better and builds back more meter. (They should be dead by now..)

I haven't been able to get the timing down right but once I do I'll be using it a bit more often to have an unburstable finish. :keke: I do find the timing for a dash 3C > 236236B easier than Rekkazan though..

Nevertheless it does look awesome and the unburstable damage is definately nice.

I think the timing for Dash 3C > Jayoku Houtenjin is ten times harder than going straight into Mizuchi Rekkazan. Sometimes they're too far away for Jayoku to connect as well. Nonetheless, I see the logic in going for the double Jayoku combo, more heat gain and damage, and psuedo-unburstable as you said. I'll probably use Mizuchi for a flashy finish only.

I can do 3C > Jayoku easier than Jakou > Rekkazan for some reason, haha... the timing is pretty tight, though.

I use Mizuchi is a round ender, mostly, b/c it's a cool way to finish a round.

Not sure if the opponent recovers before you do but all I know is that Rekkazan puts you in a generally unfavourable position imo. I'd rather be next to them for a bit of oki pressure and to bait wake-up DP's rather than being at full screen trying to hit them again with chains. It seems that they can tech before you finish your Rekkazan but you'll be done recovering before they can do anything... RC combos might work for impractical 100 heat..

*goes to see what he can find out*

Might be an issue with my timing but you can't link CH 236D (Jabaki) into Rekkazan.. Everytime I landed it, it blue beated since you can't cancel into distortion and gotta wait for the awful recovery. Jayoku is no go unless it's on the corner at which point it's massive damage.

Rekkazan RC into 5D~D > back throw combo only seems to work if you're near the corner as it pushes them away too fast.

Rekkazan RC before last hit > 6D~Ax2 > 623D works but only does 2213 damage.. less than a normal Rekkazan...

Also j.6D~D > 236236B is awesome.

Full screen is safer for sure but I have an easier time getting hits in at close range then trying to get a chain in and risk getting punished.

Haha, sometimes I find myself just standing full distance and using/retracting chains until they get against characters that can't do much about it.