Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS1] TK Crescent Loop Thread

If TK9 works, then I might be able to settle for the standard TK7 if I want to do the hybrid version. Even so, I'll see which combinations fit my preference. Thanks.

I eventually want to make a full list of people who you can hit with it, dash or no dash. I know for a fact you can hit even Carl with 5a -> 6a if you are beast enough with the dash, so I definitely want to talk about this combo at some point.

Corner 236B > Dash > 5A > 6A

Works on EVERYONE. 100% confirmed.

This shit is hard, I'm getting it pretty consistently though.

Aside from that,

Ragna, Noel, Litchi, Lambda and Bang - Corner 236B > 5A > 6A > 2147D

Jin, Ragna, Noel and Bang - Corner 236B > 5B > 6A > 2147D

And that pretty much sums it up, case closed.

10/10 topic.

I'm not good enough to contribute anything but do continue spreading the information as I am reading it all in and will practice when I can. xD

The only real problem I see for people who are trying to master the loop is that accursed timing in the j-214d. I personally found that having an internal metronome (like counting) helped get the timing down. Its nothing technical, but it helped me a some friends. Spacing is an entire other issue.

The biggest problem with doing a Crescent Loop is leading into it from a combo. You can learn how to loop, and you can learn what leads into the loop, but the transition from a combo into the loop is the most ridiculous thing to ever master.

My biggest problem with the loop is when I have meter, while doing TK8 or TK9 I'll sometimes accidentally slide to 6 and get a super.

It's not that bad though, since it always hits for nice damage.

The biggest problem with doing a Crescent Loop is leading into it from a combo. You can learn how to loop, and you can learn what leads into the loop, but the transition from a combo into the loop is the most ridiculous thing to ever master.

What?

That's my biggest problem, I mean.

Transitioning from something like 236B>RC or 236C into the corner loop is something that's hard for me to master. I'm all out fighting an opponent, and then all of a sudden I have to start doing a pattern in perfect motions and timing. There's this severe change in mindset similar to the differences between casuals and competitive play- that change breaks my concentration for the loop before I even start doing it.

woa. that's exactly my small problem right now. whenever I am playing an actual match and I get an opportunity to get into the loop, I have to REALLY force myself to slow down and get into the rythm. I don't find it hard besides that. The match is just going so fast and stuff then suddenly, STOP. It's so jarring.

Ok, I guess it gives me a false sense that it'll come out as soon as it can. Will try to break the habit.

EDIT: Results already. Not mashing it gives me a better sense of the rhythm. I finally hit 4 loops. Making progress!

Great job, when I started this I could barely pull off 1-3 reps, after hours over a few days in training mode grinding it out I'm getting better.

Sometimes I choose to 5b > 6a for spacing though, prorates the combo but still helps me keep it going. Sometimes you don't get a 'perfect' tk, gotta adjust the combo accordingly.

Great job, when I started this I could barely pull off 1-3 reps, after hours over a few days in training mode grinding it out I'm getting better.

Sometimes I choose to 5b > 6a for spacing though, prorates the combo but still helps me keep it going. Sometimes you don't get a 'perfect' tk, gotta adjust the combo accordingly.

I'm having a tough time getting 2 or 3 TK loops off in real matches, but in training 4 is always easy. Still need to practice getting 5 in training, I can't get it too consistently. I think it's nervousness while using ithe loop in a real game though.

IS the 6th TK really worth doing?

Anyway, wanted to ask you guys, how situational is getting people in the loops in real games? I'm finding it a bit tough to lead into it. Lambda's TK's feel a lot slower, I don't remember people reacting as well to them.

I just landed my first "real" loop today, got great damage off but dropped the ender. There are a lot of times I'll land a 236b, grab, or gravity in or near the corner and drop the combo, so I'd say it's not that bad. Depends on the character you're fighting.

After a few hours of practise I got better at it.. can repeat the pattern for 40+ hits. But after 2-3 real loops I always get blackbeat, is it a matter of spacing?

I find Dash > 5A > 6A > TK to be easier to pick up.

It's a matter of proration if you're doing dash -> 5a -> 6a. Every time you use a move that isn't 6A or TK Saber in the loop, you greatly reduce the number of repetitions you can do. Even 5B reduces the maximum by one, and that's the preferred non-6A option.

so i can do 2 or 3 reps, but i can't move from 6a to the 2147 without error when i speed up.

well the jc part of 6a is late meaning u can input the command fast but you need to delay it, something I use is sound when you hear 6a connect by sound you can just input TK motion as fast as you like.

well the jc part of 6a is late meaning u can input the command fast but you need to delay it, something I use is sound when you hear 6a connect by sound you can just input TK motion as fast as you like.

Doing a 5B in a loop reduces the TK by one? Jesus, this is the first time I'm reading this. Are you sure though, I'm certain I've 5TK loops using 5B twice...

I'm doing 6A>TK>dash>6a>TK>dash>6A>TK>5b>6A>TK>dash 6A>TK

Can't get the full thing at all online. I'm seeing more chances to, so it leaves hope in the future

Got the full loop, I do tk7 with the usual method, 6a>2147d, and i do tk9 with 6a>9>214d

I start with TK7 and adjust accordingly. I never dash 6a, i just seem to drop the combo. The dash gets me out of rhythm.

I do have to dash starting from a 236B RC or such though.

Just wondering if anyone else does TK8's? What's the max# of reps with TK8's? Or would it be better to throw a TK9 in there?

As long as I can get 3-5 reps + a combo ender I'll be fine.