Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shazay

The Joystick Thread

This is kinda of a big question for those that got their RapV already like my self.
So I just got my RapV for the PS4/PS3 yesterday morning and it worked perfectly. However after turning off the PS4 and taking a break from playing. I come back to the PS4 and I get a "To many USB devices" error and turns off the Arcade Stick.

Here's a list of things that fixed this.
1. Putting the stick at a 90 degree angle allowed it to work but only at that angle.
2. Unplugging and re-plugging it in.
3. Straightening the USB cable.

During these fixes if you move the stick from say your lap to the table to walk away and grab a drink it will pop the error again as you move it from one spot to the next. I believe that the USB cable for me at least is defective.

Currently contacting Hori to see what they say about this issue and will post an update once I hear from them.

Hey all,

bought the game yesterday, now it's time to learn.
I bought the PS4 version, I don't have a stick for my PS4 yet and it's really hard to get a good one here in Europe (Madcatz and Hori take 1-2 months to send me one) but I found another one from Venom, which will be released tomorrow: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4151-dBz1jL._SX300_.jpg http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS

I hope this one will get the job done since I don't really want to go back to controller. For now I have to use the PS4 controller and it's fine but in the long run I want to use sticks again like I did on 360 and PS3

Question for anyone that owns an -Optical Joystick (Rollie Flash 1, GamerFinger optical, Hayabusa silent etc)

Anyone have any input on these and used or own them before? How are they for fighting games and GG for that matter? are they just as precise as switches and don't screw up inputs or miss inputs? Aid's and all are just as good?

I wanted to make my stick silent but for just about the same price I could get the Gamerfinger optical that just came out and seems simple enough to install.

Having used optical joysticks, though not for GG so take this with however many grains of salt you feel like, I would say that if you're looking for silence and precision and are capable of installing them correctly that they're something that's definitely worth giving a chance to.  I would say that if you're going to be transitioning from a normal JLF to an optical stick that you're probably also going to want to invest in a very slightly stiffer spring (which it looks like the Gamerfinger package somewhat accounts for) as without the microswitches for resistance the stock spring tends to feel a bit...floppy...loose.  Something like that.  

Having used optical joysticks, though not for GG so take this with however many grains of salt you feel like, I would say that if you're looking for silence and precision and are capable of installing them correctly that they're something that's definitely worth giving a chance to.  I would say that if you're going to be transitioning from a normal JLF to an optical stick that you're probably also going to want to invest in a very slightly stiffer spring (which it looks like the Gamerfinger package somewhat accounts for) as without the microswitches for resistance the stock spring tends to feel a bit...floppy...loose.  Something like that.  

Alright thanks, yeah I have extra custom 1.5lb and 2lb springs(also a ls-32 spring)