Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] Rachel vs. Valkenhayn

Overview

This time around, it looks like the match up is in Rachel's favor. Getting hit by Valkenhayn can still hurt though.

Tips/Misc

• Zoning and pumpkin can be a pain in the ass for him.

Character Specific Combos

JPN Match Up Videos

Here

played a good valk so l was able to grasp a few details about the match.

fullscreen

- you definitely want pumpkin out and near you. always. pumpkin stops every single approach on reaction.

- george and lobelia are also hard for him to get around without wasting wolf guage. scatter them wide to cover the area in front of you.

- leaving poles scattered and untouched really limits his options for an approach. lf he waits for you to come, stay on the ground. if not, blow them up.

midscreen

- dont summon within his 5c range

- [w] has a very fast walking speed. he can just walk up and swipe you too if you attempt summoning anything.

- (still testing our 6cd/3c5d against his [w] form)

- his j.c is still hard to aa. (needs testing. could be that l wasnt doing it fast enough)

thats all l have for right now. much more tolerable, l must say.

The best I can get for an anti-air is j.C because he's so high up. But it's really not that convenient, so if anyone else has a suggestion.

My problem is when he's doing his wolf flying approach thing.

I can't really react fast enough to interrupt with an A lobelia. any other suggestions?

The best I can get for an anti-air is j.C because he's so high up. But it's really not that convenient, so if anyone else has a suggestion.

I can't really react fast enough to interrupt with an A lobelia. any other suggestions?

Pumpkin, as posted by TD, will stop any approach on reaction. It's a lot easier to react with D than with A lobelia (inb4 noel joke) If you want to take a risk, you can try using 6A preemptively... But his wolf approaches are usually too fast to react to. What I usually do is just backdash and summon pumpkin as it's a lot safer.

air throw is 1f faster. Though it's not so good for aa. Sometimes bbl could be antiair, if you have poles it could be super effective against wolf.

about wolf same as posted koopa+2a and 5b. But better to give no chance for use wolf form.

Don't forget that his 5b can be jump-canceled to his j.C for an instant overhead. He can follow it up if he has 50% meter and/or use it to deal with the finishing blow. Watch out for it.

I don't know Valk's commands so bare with me, but how do we defend against his backflip into wolf stance after his shoulder tackle?

In CS1 he has no follow up (or at least no one used it) and I would just instant block and punish, but now he can do a command to jump back and enter wolf stance.

"???

Jump backwards with a barrier guard. I am pretty sure he can't use his command grab immediatey after wolf c (that long dash), so you should be safe from any wolf attacks.

edit: i think Rachel's 5a might beat out some of the things he can do (nachtjager is -2 on block and more on ib), but i am not too sure on that.

any cancel into wolf is unsafe(at least on ib, except 7D?), though he can bait with 4/7D. And Rachel can't punish nacht jager, on ib it's -5(

and i think jumping is pretty bad idea vs valk in wolf form, his AA is broken%)

it's free approaching for valk. You must ib nachtjager and punish wolf transformation. On hit you must guess what he will do.