Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

So I did some testing with the 5D combo finisher for the DP loop and this is what I got...

Using the following combos:

1. 5B > 5C > DP B > (dashing)5C > 6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 5D

2. 2B > 5C > DP B > (dashing)5C > 6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 5D

3. 6A CH > 5C > 6C > DP B > (dashing)6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 5D

Guaranteed to work on Hazama, Tsubaki, Jin, Rachel, and Makoto. Sometimes it works against some of the other characters but I can't seem to put my finger on what exactly the 5D finisher is dependent on for it to work.

Edit: Yeah, I can't get that DP loop combo with the 2B starter to work, shtkn. I have to end it with 5A > 5C > 5D or with 5A > 5C > 2C > DP C.

i'm pretty sure i got it to work a week back in training mode. i'll try again when i get home

Might just be me not doing the j.D on time again but I tried it for a while and couldn't get it to work lol.

okay, just tested, i was wrong, it doesn't work.

so instead you can just do

2B > 5C > 623B, dash up 5C > 6C > 623C, 5A > 5C > 2C > 623C

2627dmg, 32heat, knockdown

okay, just tested, i was wrong, it doesn't work.

so instead you can just do

2B > 5C > 623B, dash up 5C > 6C > 623C, 5A > 5C > 2C > 623C

2627dmg, 32heat, knockdown

Yeah, that's the one I use. Sometimes I end it with 5A > 5C > 5D > 236D instead of another DP for resetting pressure.

XD I guess he gave up on staying with a main char and switches whenever needed after cs1 jin.

I wonder if how much of an advantage you get for ending corner combos with an ice car A wallbound.

Ren's doing it alot. Looks classy for me lol.

Lol guys, dennou went back to bang.

Why does this not surprise me at all?

All the people who switched to jin in CS2 but didnt stick with him in CS1 are probably going to ditch him again...so far Yutta (who finally became solid at the end of cs2), and Dennou (who was one of the strongest jins imo) have already switched. You used to see some random jins at every event..now its random ragnas again lol. So i guess it's back to praying,tetsu/ren/ronitta/gagaga/Kei etc pop up in a set.

Meh, I'd rather watch the faithful Jin players (Ren, Tetsu, Kogatan, Kei, Gagaga, Shirushi) go at it than a bunch of random Jins that make me facepalm. Good riddance even if it means that we'll barely get to see Jin in action anymore. Quality > Quantity.

I know, there was a time during CS2 that I was thinking of switching mains because I couldn't get with the program but I just couldn't drop him. Even though he was better, it seemed as if I got worse but I seemed to have gotten over that. Well, to all the true Jin mains out there, as we usually say every insallment;

"Back to the drawing board"

Well, to all the true Jin mains out there, as we usually say every installment;

"Back to the drawing board"

Sounds accurate enough lol.

Anyway has Kei ever popped out after like the first few video set he was in @ CS2? Haven't seen him ever since lol

Meh, I'd rather watch the faithful Jin players (Ren, Tetsu, Kogatan, Kei, Gagaga, Shirushi) go at it than a bunch of random Jins that make me facepalm. Good riddance even if it means that we'll barely get to see Jin in action anymore. Quality > Quantity.

I've learned a thing or two from a random jin (i had a combo i stole from Yutta...i have since forgot it though lol), and i dont think anything can be as jokes as kaqns jin but i was mostly just saying lolnocharacterloyalty.

@kirk he usually shows up at technopolis..........who never uploads.

Man no one is making Jin look good ATM. I know it's only been a little while since the game came out but man it's frustrating to watch some of these videos even though there aren't many Jin match up videos in the first place...

OK, but that's Tetsu... and I'll give props to Ren as well, but the others...

*Facepalm*

We have yet to see the other strong jins yet, he got a little antsy but ronitta was really good. No sign of him, kogatan aka kusojin i havent seen in ages, gagaga is currently number 1 jin with 800+ psr so he's doing something right. In the video thread we have tetsu,ren and inuo...inuo isnt what i'd call posterboy jin even though he's not bad, the other randoms weren't even good in cs2 so using them isnt the best thing to do. Mariwo is really solid, tetsu was giving him praise over twitter..its just clear he hadn't unlearned cs2 at the time of his matches.

What i've noticed:

Midscreen is okay, but no one knows wtf to do in a corner...you can ice bounce to dp loop but i dont see anyone doing it...or you can ice bounce into tetsu special (IAD combo) no idea whats optimal :V. And as i said we just have to wait a bit for other jins to show up, the most common events (roppou, regular chariot) never had godlike jins minus when one guest stars there.

I personally can't wait to get the game, This looks like it's going to be a real challenge to learn the new Jin. I'm sure I'll rage for a bit but I'll get it down with enough time and training. And yeah, I completely agree with you Jourdal, I have yet to see anyone really use the wall bound moves effectively yet but I'm sure that will come with time.

I'm done with my papers and found out I have worksheets I have to turn in tomorrow... welp, there goes my sleeping plan...

School :<.

I tend to adapt fairly quickly...but its because i stop doing stuff thats been removed months in advance lolol...i already got 2C>5C out of my system but 6C...ugh...so hard lol. I stopped doing midscreen DS combos with rags too.

Since CT i played Jin, Ragna, and Bang...history dictates one of them will be high (CT Jin,early CS1 ragna) or top (CS2 Jin, CS1 bang) i cant go wrong there lol.

School :<.

I tend to adapt fairly quickly...but its because i stop doing stuff thats been removed months in advance lolol...i already got 2C>5C out of my system but 6C...ugh...so hard lol. I stopped doing midscreen DS combos with rags too.

Since CT i played Jin, Ragna, and Bang...history dictates one of them will be high (CT Jin,early CS1 ragna) or top (CS2 Jin, CS1 bang) i cant go wrong there lol.

LOL I know right, school isn't that bad, it's all easy work seeing how it's my first year, things are going smoothly; I'll see how things go as the year progresses. Wow, I play those same characters bro. Jin, Bang and Ragna, that's pretty funny! But yeah, it's pretty funny how that works with Jin/Bang/Ragna, one of the 3 are guaranteed to be at the top or close to it as you said so it all works itself out but I am a Jin main all the way like everyone else here.

Any of you guys planning to go to a big tourney or Major anytime soon before the year ends? I'm trying to head out for NEC and play those guys there. Show some of them NY'ers and Philly that ShinSyn is all about!

LOL, JK. I'm free as hell.

Oh i'm always gonna main jin....there was one brief period where my d card in JP CS1 said i had played ragna mostly but my psr with jin was still way better. Jack of all trades (except midscreen damage trolol) suits me much better.

I hear ya man. I play ragna because I find his combos fun, I had Bang on my card during the beginning of the CT days though but Jin took over and the rest is history.