Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The New England Thread: Bears Warbling Outside My Igloo: A Polarizing Dilemma

Trust me, for 3D games mimicking 2D sprites, you don't want it to be any smoother than this or else it ends up looking like Dimps's "The Rumble Fish": all tweened and wonky.

It's true, and I expect the game to use the same asynchronous (30fps gameplay with 60fps inputs) framerates. And let's also not forget that adding cel-shading requires more system resources.

Gogo, we tend to meet up at Why's place in Connecticut. Other than that, there are a few of us in CT and some in western MA, near UMass.

Millia could be both alive and sane, her hair is cut shorter in the video (with the possible exception of the portion directly behind her head that she whipped out). It's a similar length to the of XX story mode ending where she cuts it off. Maybe she was able to regain control of it at this shorter length?:

http://file034.bebo.com/14/large/2007/05/15/19/3662304112a4388929896b873253762l.jpg

To my understanding the parasite is basically the entirety of her hair. One of her intros in XX~ starts with her hair being that length, then grows the side ponytail out like it's the 80's. I wouldn't make assumptions based on how long her hair is currently considering that she has (assumingly) full control over its length and such.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure what to think about her new design now. Before I always wondered how good Millia would look in a nurse's outfit, but now she's just look like Takano Miyo with a pointier chin. =w=

Trust me, for 3D games mimicking 2D sprites, you don't want it to be any smoother than this or else it ends up looking like Dimps's "The Rumble Fish": all tweened and wonky.

GUHHHHHHH...

Gogo, we tend to meet up at Why's place in Connecticut. Other than that, there are a few of us in CT and some in western MA, near UMass.

The rest meet up in Boston, but they have their own thread 'cause they're assholes we never see them 90% of the time.

Vyers or Jer, can either of you do your infinite vs Pot? I'm having trouble recording them :psyduck:

Edit: Oh, and Cheese, do you think you can record something for me if I make it worth your time? It involves kd into a silly-long otg string.

Oh, and Cheese, do you think you can record something for me if I make it worth your time? It involves kd into a silly-long otg string.

I can try, at least. No promises I'll actually get things to work.

Also you'll need to provide recording equipment. I don't remember where I put my capture card and related equipment, and even with that it's an archaic piece of shit anyway.

I can try, at least. No promises I'll actually get things to work.

Also you'll need to provide recording equipment. I don't remember where I put my capture card and related equipment, and even with that it's an archaic piece of shit anyway.

Buy a new one and I'll pay for it in full.

Combo is basically anything silly you want vs Faust, Pot, or Justice > VV~kick > RC > j.S j.236K FRC > j.P > flail > repeat for another FRC. If you measure it to kill for a decent amount of hints, I'll actually pay a bit more for this, too.

We have our own thread?

Yes.

Poor jokes reduce how much I'm shelling out for it, Steve.

Buy a new one and I'll pay for it in full.

A quick search on Amazon shows cards hitting the 1-grand price mark, if you sort by price high->low. :v:

In all seriousness, though, I don't really have any use for a capture card here (yet), so I don't really want to pick up one and end up with it just taking up (some) space in my (already somewhat disorganized) apartment.

Perhaps next time casuals happen you can bring your stuff and record there?

Poor jokes reduce how much I'm shelling out for it, Steve.

... you know, this sort of thing is just asking for it. :roboky:

A quick search on Amazon shows cards hitting the 1-grand price mark, if you sort by price high->low. :v:

Maybe I should have added specifics to the price range...

In all seriousness, though, I don't really have any use for a capture card here (yet), so I don't really want to pick up one and end up with it just taking up (some) space in my (already somewhat disorganized) apartment.

Perhaps next time casuals happen you can bring your stuff and record there?

Yeah, I guess we could try to make that work.

Edit: In unimportant news: I'm practicing MB again :toot:

Well I guess it's time to put on the saddle and head to casulols this weekend

I'll be missing casuals this weekend because Saturday is graduation for me.

I am able to go to Casuals this saturday but I literally cannot afford to unless someone's willing to bring me and back without anything in return. And that's not really plausible.

Hey y'all,

New guy in this scene, played in the GG tournament at ECT and got re-inspired to play more of the game I love so much. In search of people to play against and get better, I got shown to here. I'm in northern CT, Manchester/South Windsor area, and am hell-of down for casuals.

Just wanted to get myself out there.

Hello everyone, guess I'm another new guy dropping in. Got recommended to join up here by someone at Anime Boston after repeatedly getting my Faust destroyed by his crazy Ky skills. I also learned one of my old college acquaintances frequently posts here, so hi Zoob. I live near Springfield and was just hoping I could learn to improve from the others around here in AC+, maybe join a meetup at some point. It's good to know there's an active community around here.

I am able to go to Casuals this saturday but I literally cannot afford to unless someone's willing to bring me and back without anything in return. And that's not really plausible.

I can spot you if you need me to.

I live near Springfield and was just hoping I could learn to improve from the others around here in AC+, maybe join a meetup at some point. It's good to know there's an active community around here.

:D That's awesome. We should hangout sometime! I live in Ware, but I'm probably going to be moving to Springfield after a few months.

Hey y'all,

New guy in this scene, played in the GG tournament at ECT and got re-inspired to play more of the game I love so much. In search of people to play against and get better, I got shown to here. I'm in northern CT, Manchester/South Windsor area, and am hell-of down for casuals.

Just wanted to get myself out there.

Hello everyone, guess I'm another new guy dropping in. Got recommended to join up here by someone at Anime Boston after repeatedly getting my Faust destroyed by his crazy Ky skills. I also learned one of my old college acquaintances frequently posts here, so hi Zoob. I live near Springfield and was just hoping I could learn to improve from the others around here in AC+, maybe join a meetup at some point. It's good to know there's an active community around here.

Hey guys Welcome to the NE scene! We have casuals mostly in CT and MA. In CT we have them in Stratford, Wolcott and sometimes Windsor. For MA we have Springfield and Up by Amherst. There's a few more but that's just a start for now.

Also that Ky is named Noisetank

Katz you left your damn sunglasses and drink bottle in my car.

Shoutouts to Why for hosting and the games in Tekken. I now understand that the game is all about politely taking turns until one person falls over. :v:

Shoutouts to Zoob for showing up at the perfect time (and then leaving with a slightly shattered mind).

Shoutouts to Guilty Gear still being awesome.

Shoutouts to Thenasis (did I spell that right?) for randomly showing up despite living very far away (even by my standards).

Shoutouts(?) to Katz ruining himself at Denny's moreso than usual.

Also Katz - did you not bring your recording equipment or did we just forget to record that stuff you were talking about? :sweatdrop:

Was fun being back for a while again, I hope I can do that again in the future. :D (you almost got it right Cheese, Thanasis!)

Oh right, did Katz survive the ride home?

And GGs for the other night to Rainbowmash, I hoped to see you at casuals so you'd get your revenge for that joke we did on ya. :p

Katz you left your damn sunglasses and drink bottle in my car.

Shoutouts to Why for hosting and the games in Tekken. I now understand that the game is all about politely taking turns until one person falls over. :v:

Shoutouts to Zoob for showing up at the perfect time (and then leaving with a slightly shattered mind).

Shoutouts to Guilty Gear still being awesome.

Shoutouts to Thenasis (did I spell that right?) for randomly showing up despite living very far away (even by my standards).

Shoutouts(?) to Katz ruining himself at Denny's moreso than usual.

Also Katz - did you not bring your recording equipment or did we just forget to record that stuff you were talking about? :sweatdrop:

FUCK! I knew I'd forget something! :vbang:

I brought the gear, but they were using the only TV I could hook it up to.

Shoutouts to beards.

Shoutouts to ordering more horrible food than I normally order.

Shoutouts to surviving.

Shoutouts to Recettear.

Shoutouts to GUNFLAAAME.

GG's to everyone in GG.