Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

just a few more days till im sitting on psn like a mad man X_X AKI AKI AKI i shall chant AKI AKI AKI i shall play all day er day that i can play till the break of day till i say no more ha plz with the score nvr being settled only the world shall see the the Aki i play I never give in till i win ! AKI AKI AKI !

Hmmm, would Akihiko be good for my playstyle? I'm at that point where I have no clue who I want to learn first, lol.

Oh, and I am hosting a P4 Party Tuesday night. Just have a good connection and don't run any torrents. :toot:

Glade to see aki hype! He's going to be my main, i don't care if he can be zoned easily, he still a beast and he can run with the damage!

because i am pissed off naoto zoning me i just notice you can use weave c version to dodge those bullets and you can even gain sp by just doing that it's quite effective and do some shenanigans if she rush down you like double upper and akihiko's D move is effective on her because she can't place traps and zone you when she is getting suck in but i will try if akihiko can dogde elizabeth zio (problably not lol)

because i am pissed off naoto zoning me i just notice you can use weave c version to dodge those bullets and you can even gain sp by just doing that it's quite effective and do some shenanigans if she rush down you like double upper and akihiko's D move is effective on her because she can't place traps and zone you when she is getting suck in but i will try if akihiko can dogde elizabeth zio (problably not lol)

I've already tested both of those, and no you can't dodge zio (sadlife :c) lol. You can also just do the normal 214C stance and her bullets will just whiff completely, so yeah, doing 236C/D might be a little risky if you mess up following it up with 4D before the upper body invuln goes away.

Don't forget, guys, in matchups where you lose to range, like Mitsuru/Narukami, you can make their pokes whiff with 214C (hold) and reaction corkscrew their whiff.

Reaaaaaally stabilizes the footsies of those matchups.

I've already tested both of those, and no you can't dodge zio (sadlife :c) lol. You can also just do the normal 214C stance and her bullets will just whiff completely, so yeah, doing 236C/D might be a little risky if you mess up following it up with 4D before the upper body invuln goes away.

you can hold the 214c so you will still have the upper body invul but the D version of it has the full body invul but can't be hold but i shall prefer the C version of weave when i'm being zone and about that zio well really sad life lol

you can hold the 214c so you will still have the upper body invul but the D version of it has the full body invul but can't be hold but i shall prefer the C version of weave when i'm being zone and about that zio well really sad life lol

lol the D version does not at all have full body invuln. Just letting you know. But yeah zio makes me cry a bit. Though at least 214C goes through Elizabeth's 5B lol

Don't forget, guys, in matchups where you lose to range, like Mitsuru/Narukami, you can make their pokes whiff with 214C (hold) and reaction corkscrew their whiff.

yeah it really helps the matchup because of that 214c(hold) mitsuru moves is hard to punish because of her freaking range and damage

lol the D version does not at all have full body invuln. Just letting you know. But yeah zio makes me cry a bit. Though at least 214C goes through Elizabeth's 5B lol

really the d version don't have the full body invul? my eyes must have played tricks on me or was it the ex version?

Yurp, what he said lol. Both EX weave and duck have full invincibility, though you still can't beat zio with them either lol. Well, unless you wanna use 50 heat or something and do 214CD 6CD or something @_@

hmmmm i need help i been playing this game for 5 days now and it's freaking awesome and i have some combos but i have a problem on challenge 27 of akihiko i can't seem connect the first bommerang hook i tried using 4d>4a but the dummy just tech really early so i'm thinking of using 5c>4d>4a i don't know if it will work i'm on a vacation lol but here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHvID3tSv8

appreciated any help

I just read this whole thing and don't think anyone answered this question but I have the same one. If someone could help I would also appreciate it! ^_^

^You need to duck and weave to build up the Cyclone Gauge before the throw so the Boomerang Hook A causes crumple. :) So 214D>6D>Throw works. So 214D>6D>Throw>4A>4C>4B(charged)>4C>4AB>4D>2B>236236B

^You need to duck and weave to build up the Cyclone Gauge before the throw so the Boomerang Hook A causes crumple. :) So 214D>6D>Throw works.

Ooohhh! Looking at the demo I see it now :/ lol thanks!

^No prob. I was stumped on that one yesterday and for the life of me couldn't figure it out until I watched the demo again. Its lame how the challenge mode doesn't list out all the necessary steps out. :/

Yeah there I laughed first time I noticed it didn't have any of the jump inputs for the combos. It seems like an odd thing to leave out...

yeah i done that already spent an hour watching that demo lol i think it's ok not to put all the necessary steps because that leaves you to figuring it out yourself and it's quite rewarding when that happens

@CrisisEdge thanks for bringing up that question again now everybody know how to do that confusing challenge combo

Yeah I suppose and I did feel cool... After I got over being mad at the game lol (not really) also I'm done with his challenges now so yay me!

Holy fuck this works against mitsuru's 5A?!??!? if it does thanks so much lol. her 5a poke makes me wanna punch the guy using mit :v

I'm shocked no one noticed that 214c gradually builds meter.

*has finally played*