Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phytoporg

Mounting an offense

So yea i got the same problem with the topic owner, i player a Great counter-attacking/Defensive I-no (well not play great but can make things tough for my opponent, but when i try to switch to rushdown..... boy things get ugly. 1. i always have to throw a note before i attack to get in close and personal 2. her poking game lets me down ALOT 3. her j.hs seems to let me down a fair bit (although i think i use that and J.p at the wrong times) 4. i really cant find the timing for grabbing a tech, AND my opponent flips backwards and punches her in the face alot so it looks like i cant grab much. 5. 5p and 2p seem to work well when i use them, and 2k hits a helluva lot. dont really do enough off them though... well im still learning, i dont FRC much with her dont really care for that too much right now. still trying to figure if i can mould her to my agressive playstyle. good news is once im in Her Oki game keeps me there, even if i dont get the knockdown i can normally stay in. VCL aint working to well for me, same with STBT, i rarely use both, meh once i find out a good way to record matches clearly i'll upload some matches, the whole recording off camera aint really me

I-no is not meant to be played defensively and you shouldn't play her that way until your opponent forces you to block...poking is also out of the question...her "pokes" tend lose to alot of stuff...what you should be doing is focusing on getting that knockdown ...use 2d to hcl and stbt to end strings alot like 2k 2s 2d hcl or dash jh (whiff) 2k 2s stbt(s) to bait for those CH's... her ground throw is sometimes landed off wake up and sometimes of STBH (h)frc...and then frc'd to combo..as for her air throw..its something you have to set up and be good at predicting...like ending air strings with s-dive then landing and doing J.4H into the corner and you have to kinda see where the opponent is going to tech...hitting the throw involves mind game with your opponent... AND YOU HAVE TO CARE ABOUT THE FRC'S!!! with out them, I-no is extremely limited and not much of a threat...playing i-no without frc = :vbang:

"Also about TK H-DIVE:

It's highly punishable, there is only a few reason I could recomend doing it outside of a combo.

Potemkin IK setup

ABA (FRC into Airthrow > Knockdown)"

What is this Potemkin IK setup? : )

I no is playable without tension, but it gives her a lesser range of combos. One of her strongest oki set ups you can do with zero tension at all, and that can lead to big damage without having to use tension. With tension you can use one of her fuzzy guards and get combos from a longer range via 6frc6.

You play I no on the offense mostly. The neutral game is where you want to convert hits into either damage or oki. If you get tension, a pnote frc approach is a nice way to get in. Otherwise, youre mainly stuck with stbt, safe dives, hcl punishes, airthrow set ups, or dashing over stuff.