Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

Hold 9 as you do the 6D, and when the kick connects, quickly slide from 9 to the 623B motion.

Awesome tip, works really good.

Well I sometimes use it when I get Fu Rin Ka Zan up so I can activate it without fear of getting punished. I usually have two to four nails at this point.

Does anybody know how this combo works? It goes like this 2D j.8D 236C I can't get the shurikens to come out fast enough

Well I sometimes use it when I get Fu Rin Ka Zan up so I can activate it without fear of getting punished. I usually have two to four nails at this point.

FuuRinKaZan freezes the screen in 1 frame, in addition, you have 2 frames you can move before they can.

Basically, the move is already unpunishable :toot:

Does anybody know how this combo works? It goes like this 2D j.8D 236C I can't get the shurikens to come out fast enough

It's 2369C, you're double jumping to cancel the 8D and because you did the shuriken motion, it registers that when you jump right away.

I'm changing this thread to the Bang combo/execution questions thread, since we seem to be getting quite a few different questions about timing these type of things (even got an im today about how 6D, 6239B).

Ok guys, added more sections, the vids posted, as well as some as myself!

Steel rains main use is moving in. If you have 1, 2, or 3 nails left and you're on the opposite side of the screen, drive nail > land > steel rain > run in. You'll get about 3/4ths of the screen before steel rain ends. Useful against characters like Nu who run all day. With 100% tension steel rain > 3/4ths of the screen > 3C > RC > pressure guarantees that you're on top of them. Mostly a last resort, but that's the most useful situation with it.

Allelujah sit in practice mode a bit and get your combos down. Also try not bursting so early. There's really alot of basics you have to pick up as well, match experience.

I'll write some critique as I watch both vids.

Remember that when most characters are ducking 5a will whiff. 2a is probably a better starter.

Don't end a blockstring with 6D. If they're blocking, 6D leaves you open for pokes. You should hit confirm before 6D. The noel player just kept on hitting low afterwards so 2369D or C probably would have worked. Or even zone yourself a bit higher. Also, you don't need to burst early in these matches. Especially since the Noel player doesn't pull of great combos. You also get caught by the overhead too much and try to poke out of her chain revolver. Just wait for a good time to get out and be patient. Noel's a tough matchup.

In the 2nd video you definitely do better. I see you using more Shurikens as pressure strings and the occasional 5c. Though you could have possibly used more auto guarding with 2D teleport to mess with nu at the start of her blockstrings. It's pretty difficult to get that on reaction especially when you know she's gonna eventually follow with a 236D low hit, but you should be able to tele before it hits. You did a pretty good job of closing the gap between you and Nu.

Well I beat a Tager player once by going from 2D (CH) into an aerial 5B then command grab, RC the last hit and throw the umbrella out (100 heat required), catches him on the way up for most of the hits. I happened to have all my nails so it went up to around 60 hits then he was able to tech, got him with chip after he started blocking. I can't remember if it combo'd or not but yeah. Might also work with RC'ing a ground command grab like the setup for daifunka? Maybe I'll test this weekend.

What is the proration like on Steel Rain? It looks like it's really good and if this works then we might have a nice new 100% meter combo on our hands.

I'm not sure on the proration, but I tested its full damage on Tager in the corner a while back and it seemed to deal around 6k with the full 12 nails in stock. When I throw it out after the round is over and I dont have any nails left, its about 2.7k. Best of all is to corner him, Steel Rain, then Daifunka. I think because it black beats from too many hits, Tager will be able to instant tech and block, but the last hit of Daifunka will be unblockable and land for a new 1 hit at an unprorated 3.3k I believe, in addition to the ~5-6k from the first 60 hits or so. Against Rachel, she is grabbed for the last hit but flies out of your hands and the last hit whiffs. Messing around with it in training is fun, I recommend experimenting. I tried RC'ing the command grabs, and I do not believe that between startup and the nails following your opponent down that it will combo even with perfect RC and super timing, but dont hold me to that. New idea: in frkz, web nail, dash cancel to the ground and super? Final note, if you want to see an interesting steel rain glitch/bug/odd-game-mechanic, then do bang vs bang and record a steel rain. Have the cpu do playback and after the cpu starts the super, neutral jump and guard point asap. Once you get the first hit to activate the j.D guard point, just wait. Enjoy and lol.

Steel Rain could have a purpose for guard crush a cornered opponent who burst before in match, it required 8 Nails for a complete guard crush in a stand alone way with libra guard at neutral, 7 Nails with a little help is guard crush too. :kitty: So it leaves a way to guard crush a cornered opponent witouth burst by throwing D nails + Steel Rain if you have at least your 10 nails and 50%. That s much things to get it work BTW. But if you go for a throw while they re trapped in the blockstun, remember that throw escape cancel the umbrella. :(

Can you not just delay the 623B input? Must you JC? I rarely go airborne for my DP combo finishers so I am curious.

You have to jump cancel it. The 623B won't come out until the 6C is completely finished which takes too long and wont combo afterwards.

ATG, do you have to dash down from the bumper or could you do 3?

it has to be a 2-dash, unfortunately. if you do a 3-dash, bang takes too long to recover.

the best way to do it is 9,2. 8,2 is easier but will push you back quicker.

Thanks for the tips guys it helps so much. Its a real new game for me and i only get to practice in between rec sessions hah. I always hit 5a by habbit when i know its going to whiff, just one more question. When i do get the BnB off nice and clean whats the best followups to keep pressure besides just running in???.

Yes. If you're successfully cancelling 6D into 6239B/9623B/923B/whatever, you will jump if you didn't input it properly. If you're not jumping, you're doing it too early.