Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suichi

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Hakumen

Sounds like you are getting zoned and don't know how to get out of it. Barrier him away until he gets impatient and IADs towards you. Free 360 if you backdash his dash in. As for double jumps, collider. If he's doing a move so late that it'll beat collider then do 2C. You'll get a trade CH and be far far better off than he is.

That's kind of the problem... He's very, very, very patient... My friend will NEVER stop zoning me if he knows that he won't get punished for it. He will continue to do this over and over and over again, we literally spent a half our battle (When I play matches offline, I do Unlimited time) and he continued to do this. He jumped, hard slashed just far enough so that I couldn't grab him afterwards. He rarely used his Magatamas ever and just continued to attack me, if I keep running he'll STILL do it. If it works, he'll do it forever and ever and ever. ;-; It's soooo irritating... I mean, he doesn't do combos, he just makes sure he's far enough to hit me with the edge of his sword and jumps if I try to do anything, but if I try to jump attack him, he'll just hit me before I get near him and he won't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, stop this.

Stop trying to punish his long range sword slashes then. Jump in with barrier to stop any air unblockables, and I mean jump in DEEP, so that way if he does a move you can at least jab spam. At this point you might as well try a purple 360A or 360B. If it works, start the process again. If he breaks it, superjump in with barrier for another DEEP jump in. Just stay in his face and limit his range. Also, don't forget combos if you happen to land a CH or he's crouching.

Yeah... It's really annoying, the thing is, if something works for him, he'll keep doing it. I mean, he'd use this same tactic against Rachel, V-13, Noel, or any other character. He's not very good the game it's self, he just doesn't seem to realize that it only works on Tager, I think he just thinks I'm not that good compared to my friend Andy (Whom I can beat pretty well with Tager) who whipes him out with Taokaka or Noel. Anyhow, I guess I'll try to jump in and block, but he doesn't fall for grab buffers or rather, he always continues to jump and keep his distance. Anyhow, if I don't punish his long range slashes, he'll continue to do em. Let me explain everything that'll happen "^^ :TG: *Stays away* :HA: *Zones with 3C or 2C* :TG: *Uses 6C* :HA: *Blocks High* :HA: *Gets kinda close just far enough so I can't hit him or he'll do a 3C, then does a j. C* :TG: *Backdashes and goes for a grab* :HA: *Double jumps and then punishes me* :TG: *If I don't do a grab, he'll find a way to get away from me* :TG: *Tries to do a 2D and buffer into an A grab* :HA: *Hits me out of the A grab that I was trying to suck him into, even the ones I suck him in with* :HA: *Sometimes jumps and air dashes in, but only close enough so he can hit me with the edge of his sword* :TG: *Does a neutral D drive hoping it'll hit him before he comes so he can suck him in with Atomic Collidor, I can't backdash grab him either cause he's too far* As you can see, he doesn't do any combos, unless he hits me, then he does a very simple combo that I punish if he ever does outside of hitting me. He will never stop this tactic ever. Even if I block every single thing he does (Which I will), he will just continue. I'll try getting in his face, but the battles will continue like this forever. Also, the only reason he plays Hakumen most likely again is cause he does alot of damage fairly easy... Though, I don't think he realizes how hard Hakumen is to use when you actually USE him.

I used to have a similar problem with this match at this point I realised that tagers 5C, and j.C is god, but even without it how exactly is he going to pull this crap once you get spark bolt, just bait a 6C, and dash back early (whats he going to do lol), and spark bolt.

oh yeah, air IB any of haku's airs gives you a free CH j.2C, sweet stuff if you wanna punish haku for rushing you down.

Let me explain everything that'll happen "^^

:TG: *Stays away*

get closer period, start walking toward him.

:HA: *Zones with 3C or 2C*

use regular jumps and learn to j.c them too, do it outside of 2C's range and haku will wanna get back.

:TG: *Uses 6C*

not really important and haku can 6C you back or counter.

:HA: *Blocks High*

but of course.

:HA: *Gets kinda close just far enough so I can't hit him or he'll do a 3C, then does a j. C*

jump he can't even do 2C to stop you and if you j.c he will get hit for jumping, only thing he can do is back off or hotaru.

:TG: *Backdashes and goes for a grab*

you can throw out 360 without backdashing, i do it alot and if he does j.c it wiff's and he lands right into a glowing hand.

:HA: *Double jumps and then punishes me*

don't be predictable with backdash 360, haku's don't like being grounded, keep him that way.

:TG: *If I don't do a grab, he'll find a way to get away from me*

magnetized: colider its good stuff, not magnetized jump back in and block accordingly.

:TG: *Tries to do a 2D and buffer into an A grab*

don't use that gimmick, poke him use 5A or something, and if he jumps colider, haku's airs are too slow to punish colider when being sucked in.

:HA: *Hits me out of the A grab that I was trying to suck him into, even the ones I suck him in with*

delay it, you can IB 360 if you need to, 5B and 2C are his only jump cancelable moves.

:HA: *Sometimes jumps and air dashes in, but only close enough so he can hit me with the edge of his sword*

learn to throw that 360 without backdashing, it will piss him off, if you use that invul then he just lost a health lead.

:TG: *Does a neutral D drive hoping it'll hit him before he comes so he can suck him in with Atomic Collidor, I can't backdash grab him either cause he's too far*

no need to do that, you can J.C him if he IAD's in too, put that next to psychic colider.

i was bored so i added this, enjoy.

oh yeah, air IB any of haku's airs gives you a free CH j.2C, sweet stuff if you wanna punish haku for rushing you down.

+10 frames thanks arc systems :yaaay:

+10 frames thanks arc systems :yaaay:

when i was playing last night, i started IBing hakumen, oh man he is screwed if you IB>360A anything, i IB'd j.c and threw out 360A it made his follow up wiff and he wasted 2 stars trying, to hotaru and 3 for using tsubaki, Ibing on our end is so much more profitable.

when i was playing last night, i started IBing hakumen, oh man he is screwed if you IB>360A anything, i IB'd j.c and threw out 360A it made his follow up wiff and he wasted 2 stars trying, to hotaru and 3 for using tsubaki, Ibing on our end is so much more profitable.

wait you IB'ed his j.c or you IBed the j.C then landed and 360Aed, its only 5 frames on the ground still crazy but not 10 frames it really should be 3ground, 5 air.

you can actually IB the j.C and 360 after, if he tries to chain anything after it then it wiffs. if you IB j.B or J.C in the air then you can J.2C him for free but hotaru will beat you all the time.