Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Info and Discussion

I'm still waiting to see a video of Shadow play Rachel.

Didn't he only play Rachel because of the tier list? I recall him dropping Bang do to difficulties in a tournament setting.

With Bang being high tier now... he has no reason to pick Rachel. :gonk:

So, all the switching to Tsubaka (and other characters) aside....

Does anyone know what the minimum damage that BBL can do is? I'm thinking it's fairly low, since I saw it do around 300-500 damage after a frog combo, but that was during loketests.

Referring to this:

2. Base Damage for DD

Regardless of combo rate and combo length, DD used in combo is guaranteed to do specific amount of damage.

This lower limit of damage differs between DD.

Thus, in BBCS, ending the combo with DD will generally increase the combo damage.

I've seen BBL outside of combos do about that much (even with all six hits). So I'm guessing that's the minimal damage. AKA- BBL went from being one of the (if not the best) DDs in the game to full of meh. On that note, it seems that overall the damage for DDs seems awfully low compared to CT Though I remember seeing one or two videos where Bang's Daifunkan did crazy damage along with Taokaka's pounce distortion. However, it could be due to the sheer number of videos that I've been watching this week at 1-4am so at this point I could just be imagining shit. :psyduck: I think I actually had a dream where Rachel's j2C connected to 2B again and I was like- Yesss! Until I realized that I was sleeping.

I've seen BBL outside of combos do about that much (even with all six hits). So I'm guessing that's the minimal damage. AKA- BBL went from being one of the (if not the best) DDs in the game to full of meh.

On that note, it seems that overall the damage for DDs seems awfully low compared to CT Though I remember seeing one or two videos where Bang's Daifunkan did crazy damage along with Taokaka's pounce distortion.

However, it could be due to the sheer number of videos that I've been watching this week at 1-4am so at this point I could just be imagining shit. :psyduck:

Yeah, BBL is a lot less useful than it is in the current game. It does make sense, I'll admit, since BBL allowed Rachel to come back from nearly being perfected and combo straight into a win, but still. :v:

To do anything with it, we have to use poles, now, it looks like.

I think I actually had a dream where Rachel's j2C connected to 2B again and I was like- Yesss! Until I realized that I was sleeping.

XD

@Lastblade: on a blocked j.2c can Rachel cancel to the new super for a guard primer and continued pressure?

@Lastblade: on a blocked j.2c can Rachel cancel to the new super for a guard primer and continued pressure?

Spend 50% meter to continue pressure. Sounds good, man.

Yes...but the time is tight it seems. Once the super flash occurs things are fine, but before that she can be hit out of it.

Its more like Carl's gear super now, it keeps going once its out regardless.

However, a high enough j2CD being blocked (I suppose lvl 2) into tempest (had 3 wind remaining when I used the super) allowed for continued pressure.

4 wind Tempest can be continued with 5CC or air combo if at the right distance.

I swear though, this super has gotten more people laughing than anything, expecially if it hits :v:

5CDC -> 66 -> 5CC (or 5CDC if needed) x 3 is ok.

On a side note, Hazama is a real pain with rachel, he can prod her until he gets a hit confirm then combo or just evade her for time. :vbang:

(I'm a little tired right now so my memory might be off so bear with me on this lol)

Spend 50% meter to continue pressure. Sounds good, man.

It would be more of a hit-confirm thing. If it hits, cancel to 236a, RC and combo. If it's blocked, use the super and keep pressuring.

I may end up playing CS Rachel just to support you guys.

It would be more of a hit-confirm thing. If it hits, cancel to 236a, RC and combo. If it's blocked, use the super and keep pressuring.

Yeah, but spending 50% meter just to continue pressure is pretty lol bad.

Yeah, but spending 50% meter just to continue pressure is pretty lol bad.

Jin does it.

I've seen plenty of strings into Ice Car > RC > jB > another string.

Jin doesn't require 50% meter to do respectable damage (just 25%). Rachel does. Big difference. So the argument can't even be made regarding pressure because the necessity of meter elsewhere isn't the same. Besides the rate of meter gain for Jin is significantly higher compared to Rachel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3jgBYQk3w

Rachel was so close >_<

Pumpkin's hit stun doesn't seem to be THAT nerfed. We can still wind pumpkin to rush in and land a 5b.

What I'm more concerned about, is if we can still 5b -> 5cdc -> summon pumpkin -> (short delay) 5d -> 5b -> corner combo from midscreen.

I'm pretty sure the best you can do now is 5b -> 5cdc -> summon pumpkin -> (delay) 5d/6d -> 5b -> air combo.

Ok screw what I said in the last post. Now this is just a theory I made up so I might be wrong. If you can cancel into specials on the ground after j.2C, she can have a possible mix-up. You guys might think I'm crazy but just keep reading. If their is a rod placed right next to your opponent and you use 5B>j.2C, she can cancel it to 214C if it hits or the opponent blocks. If it hits, Rachel can combo into her air combo. If your opponent blocks, Rachel can do a mix-up. AGAIN, I'm not sure if this works and I may be wrong since I never played CS, but if Rachel can cancel into specials after j.2C on the ground like you guys said, it is possible.

Yes.

Ok screw what I said in the last post. Now this is just a theory I made up so I might be wrong. If you can cancel into specials on the ground after j.2C, she can have a possible mix-up. You guys might think I'm crazy but just keep reading. If their is a rod placed right next to your opponent and you use 5B>j.2C, she can cancel it to 214C if it hits or the opponent blocks. If it hits, Rachel can combo into her air combo. If your opponent blocks, Rachel can do a mix-up. AGAIN, I'm not sure if this works and I may be wrong since I never played CS, but if Rachel can cancel into specials after j.2C on the ground like you guys said, it is possible.