Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

what things can u do after u knockdown zappa? He can run under the discs with no problem, and stuff just misses him. When is it safe to do secret garden? Its a really cool move to throw out.

Generally, Millia should stick to the air and use her mobility to move in. The threat of Pin is often enough to make your opponent think twice about mindlessly hitting the AA button, so use that knowledge to mix up your AD advances. If you're grounded, a max-range 2D is a great poke that feeds into pressure on hit.

what things can u do after u knockdown zappa? He can run under the discs with no problem, and stuff just misses him.

When is it safe to do secret garden? Its a really cool move to throw out.

If he's trying to run under Disc, just tag him with 2K (which also recovers in time for you to block a wakeup summon, should Zappa be silly enough to try).

Secret Garden is safe after any knockdown (2D or 6H being the most common), and also after a throw in most cases. Also some characters don't have an answer for a fullscreen SG.

I've been looking all over for this, but havn't seemed to be able to find it any where, so here goes. I end up dropping a decent amount(not a lot, but enough to piss me off) of combos due to me not picking my pin up during a 2hs, and I was wondering if theres a specific reason behind it, or just sloppy execution of my combos. Also, if any one would be kind enough to repost the videos of midscreen combos, I would greatly appreciate that. thanks

I've always held 2 during Pin loops, and haven't had any problems picking up the pin. I think you're probably just hitting 2H too early, Hint, so try waiting a bit before hitting it. The other possible problem would be that you're hitting the falling j.H too early, allowing your opponent to tech earlier and causing your 2H to whiff - which may lead to your tendency to hit 2H a bit earlier, but that's a bit of a stretch.

...it hits things in it's path. To use again, you have to go pick it up from where it landed...

Happy Birthday to fellow Millia players Ho0v-Man and AKA Posted Image

Hairpin: The move that makes Slash Millia playable. Used to get in, but more importantly, used to string together combos that do obscene amounts of damage. (But then again, every character's combos do obscene amounts of damage to Millia, so this isn't really too great of an advantage)

See the "3-loop" thread for more details.

Anyway come to think about it what defensive options are there for Millia. Especially during an Eddie lockdown and such. There is burst, DAA and squeezing in a 5P. Roll is too risky.

From about best to worst:

Block/FD (Block the shadow, FD Edward)

FD Jump (2147PK)

6PH (forward OS throw - FRC possible on whiff!?)

IB -> Emerald Rain (...okay maybe not, but at least it'd be unexpected.)

Don't DAA, it has massive recovery and will most likely make you eat a Damned Fang for 111 damage after it hits the shadow. Also, don't Winger on wakeup, same deal.

hey guys, i was wondering what millia can do against players (mostly sol) that comes close range all the time with pressure strings and lockdowns, rushdowns, etc.. is her hairpin the best choice in distancing and defence? or are there any good combos/tactics that i can use when my opponents are always rushing me down?

Ahhh you should be one rushing them down with Millia lol, i guess just block correctly, FD correctly, and HS disc here and there hoping for them to fuk up n get hit by it / block it. But yeah u should be trying to rush them down, not the other way around, if they do a lot of jumpins, ur 5P should be able to work as a pretty decent anti-air, i dont no wut else to tell u man, its not typical for a millia player to be in rushdown problems lol :P.

hey guys, i was wondering what millia can do against players (mostly sol) that comes close range all the time with pressure strings and lockdowns, rushdowns, etc.. is her hairpin the best choice in distancing and defence? or are there any good combos/tactics that i can use when my opponents are always rushing me down?

Most of the time I happen to play against Sol, and he is actually not too hard if you know what you're doing. But it depends on the player.

In my experience, Sol players love to end pressure strings with Gunflame, Bandit Revolver and Bandit Bringer.

If they end the string with gunflame, j.S them and combo them. If they FRC gunflame, instant airdash over them and faultless defense as they will most probably go for Volcanic Viper or 5K. If you think they are too close or that they'll most probably go for an air throw, 5P and quickly block or jump away. This way, you can check them and slow down their attack.

If you know that they're going to use Bandit Revolver as the ender (usually when you're at a range where close moves don't reach), use 6P or backdash depending on the positioning. You can go for an instant block, but bandit revolver recovers quite fast and you might end up eating volcanic viper or 2D. Do not jump, as Bandit Revolver will own you.

For Bandit Bringer, I find myself just instant blocking or jumping up to counter and combo. 2HS might work if you're fast enough as it'll most probably be a CH and you can launch them again for meaty damage (to tell the truth, I haven't messed around with using 2HS against bandit bringer much...).

Basically, learn to instant block strings (or 2D in strings for that matter cause players usually use that before going into above follow-ups when you're blocking). Watch out for the occasional Riot Stomp if they attempt to change the tempo of the pressure strings or catch you off guard.

As for using Silent Force for defense against pressure characters with funky hitboxes and happened to be moving a lot, NO... (unless the character has a big hitbox like Dizzy) It's more of an offense tool for locking down the enemy while you keep moving on them.

When Sol runs, his hitbox gets really funky. Avoid using high moves when this happens. Tandem top seems good to keep him away. But also go for 5S, 2S, 6HS or 2D and follow up accordingly. Watch out for possible Volcanic Viper while he runs across the screen.

If you happen to be in the air while a Sol player is chasing you down, don't use j.D or Silent Force if they are under you. Sol's hitbox while running will avoid these moves. Go for j.P, j.K or j.S. Badmoon is also good as it'll crossover and it hits Sol while he is running. Not to mention the change in tempo can throw the Sol player off. But if you know that they will attempt anti-air moves, use faultless defense and wait for an opening.

Sol's far range moves can be countered with 5P (I love watching Jam players kill themselves when I'm going PPPPPPPPP :) ), 5S, 5HS and 2D. With 5P, I usually follow up with 6HS or 2D as the Sol player is bound to start moving after being poked at a distance. 5HS can beat out moves with funky hitboxes like Sol's 6HS, the close hit of Millia's 5HS can beat Sol's 6HS even at a distance in some cases, but Sol's 6HS can do the same so it's a double edge situation.

Hopefully someone else might give you better strats as my style is quite reckless in some situations.

And I know sh!t about combos, I was never good at combos... (FRC tandem top, instant Badmoon, run, 2HS, sj.S, silent force, ADC j.HS, tandem top in #R, wow...) I uaully get the opponent into a corner and then set them up for FRC tandem top, instant Badmoon, 6HS, Tandem Top, etc.

just a little tip since the guy mentioned anti-air, don't use 5P or 6P against Slayer's j.HS for anti-air, the hitbox is too weird and your timing needs to be strict or you'll get destroy by Slayer. If you see it coming, go for a j.D in the early stages.

As for Eddie defense, IB and use 2K instead of 5P in the corner. 2K has a smaller hitbox and Eddie throw attempts seem to whiff more and you won't get hit by the occasional low as well as the possibility of Eddie ducking since 5P whiffs.

BTW, what do you guys do against Venom's Dark Angel? I usually normal block and let the tension build up. When he comes close enough, I DAA and watch Dark Angel happily roll away without attaining additional hits. If he sees this coming, he'll have to be more careful, and it'll allow you to escape with a sh!tload of tension. I'ld rather have the tension with some lifebar gone than an empty tension guage.

edit: If you're talking about defense in AC, all you need to do is FB disc and watch them kill themselves... LOL...

hum....I hate to make this question but I had this arguement with a friend of mine, cuz if Im not mistaken Zato is Millia's brother. He yelled that's not true. So....who was right and who was wrong? :scared:

but I remember I saw a picture of Millia and Zato as babies :amazed:

:cry:

WTF?

Anyway lol plot problems aside.

Think that FB disc will make her pressure game somewhat...less strenous? lol

Definately... But I reckon it is more useful as a countering tool to turn the tables on who is on the offensive.

edit: basically the same thing if you take into account of the holes in her pressure game, disregard what I said.

Hi guys, I usually play against characters like sol and ky......i mainly use the combo that i got from this site: 5s, 2HS, j.s, HS, H pin..... i cant seem to do anything after doing the h pin. I try picking the pin up, but before i can pick it up, they fall down....... i tried doing the combo in a corner, but i seem to miss the pin.... Could somebody please tell me the full combo, and how to get the pin before the reach the ground... Thnx.... PS: I just got my nubytech controller today...maybe that will make this combo easy to pull off, rather then doing with a crappy ps2 controller..........

Well, the corner combo pinloop is essential in the Millia game obviously. It's her best option for big damage. Honestly, the best success I have with it is to try and start the combo a little bit before the corner. So.....5s, 2hs, j.s, j.hs, h pin, air dash, j.s or j.hs......now, after this part, you want to automatically hold down on the pad for the second string, and to launch with 2hs. Usually I don't have problems getting the pin back, because I'm pushing down before I ever hit the ground to go into 2hs for the second loop. Hope that helps. :china:

theres about a million variations you can do on ky... 2H -> j.S -> 214S, ad.(falling)H, land, (pick up pin)2H 2H -> j.S-H -> 214S(or H sometimes), ad.(falling)H, land, (pick up pin)2H 2H -> j(7).S -> 214S, 236K, land, (pick up pin)2H 2H -> iad.S -> 214S, ad.(empty), land, (pick up pin)2H 2H -> 214(7)S, ad.(falling)H, land, (pick up pin)2H ... a more damaging combo from the ground against ky in the corner would be 2H -> iad.S-H, land, 6H -> 214P -> FRC, dash, 2H -> iad.S-H, land, 2H -> j.H -> 214S. Something like that... PS - invest in a stick if possible =)

Aight so i got one more question hehe Regarding her hair pin loop, i am having the biggest trouble ever landing the j.H after the first 2H relaunch, and i really cant tell where my problem is since i get it to land sometimes (like 2 out of 10 times or something lol) but when i land it i feel like i did it the same way as i do it when i cant land it so i cant see where im fukin up and thus cant fix it :(. I am doing it against Axl, so i know its not any kind of "weird hitbox" problem, and i am doing the combo posted by Def1netly in the 3 loop knockdowns thread, so i know it works, so yeah basically i cant blame ne1 but me. Any1 got ne tips on how to fix this? Is it the timing of the j.H? or is my timing bad all the way from the 2H relaunch? Thx

Sign in to follow this