Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! v.2 - August, 28th (We HitConfirm Everything!)

Haha not bad only an hour long drive for me. Gonna be my first bb tournament/major hopefully i'll be able to meet a lot of you guys. I know parkings a bitch in berkeley any suggestions?

You guys, if I was going to play on the analog, then I might as well play on stick. :V

That dpad is just wut, why is there a circle under it? How will it differentiate my inputs. :V

:V but that stick is so huuuuuuge, tiny fingers can wrap around it.

So there's no casuals? Damn.

@ganex: there are some really "deserted" streets like Milvia and Bancroft that intersect Shattuck with many parking spaces. I can't vouch for their security, though, not sure how good public safety is there, but I can't imagine they're that bad when it's not even a street away from a main street.

We can't find a place a bit...closer?? Thats almost a 2 hour drive for me...Kinda far for a one time thing for me...

Cupertino-Berkeley is NOT two hours lol.. it takes me 1 hour to ride from San Rafael (20 miles NORTH of berkeley) to get to sunnyvale cupertino border.... albiet I ride kinda fast o-o;;

This is the best venue, since SJSU fails.

Cupertino-Berkeley is NOT two hours lol.. it takes me 1 hour to ride from San Rafael (20 miles NORTH of berkeley) to get to sunnyvale cupertino border.... albiet I ride kinda fast o-o;;

This is the best venue, since SJSU fails.

Ok first I was talking about the qualifiers for the 3v3 thingy in Concord which is further than Berkeley. It takes me an hour to get from here to Dublin which is on the way and judging from the map, its probably another half hour from there to Concord...So I was off by about a half hour...Sue me :kitty: I don't mind driving to Berkeley for the Minor since I'll be there for the whole weekend. Eh fuck it, I'll go to Concord.

Also an hour from San Rafael to SVGL?? Dude you must be going like at least 90 the whole time. SF is about 45 minutes from here and San Rafael looks to be about another half hour from there...Looks like you might my new best friend you little speeding bastard :3

Ok first I was talking about the qualifiers for the 3v3 thingy in Concord which is further than Berkeley. It takes me an hour to get from here to Dublin which is on the way and judging from the map, its probably another half hour from there to Concord...So I was off by about a half hour...Sue me :kitty: I don't mind driving to Berkeley for the Minor since I'll be there for the whole weekend. Eh fuck it, I'll go to Concord.

Ohhhh you guys were talking about SHADOWBROOKES /headdesk =w= ok nvm lol. Well Scott did similar drives for us when we were having the SVGL BBCS season, so you can get some practice in I guess xDD

Also an hour from San Rafael to SVGL?? Dude you must be going like at least 90 the whole time. SF is about 45 minutes from here and San Rafael looks to be about another half hour from there...Looks like you might my new best friend you little speeding bastard :3

SHHHHHHH I DON'T SPEED OAO

Imma gewd boy <:3c

Dude I got way more than enough practice from EVO. I drove WAAAAY too much that weekend. I nearly killed us on the way back cause I was falling asleep since I didn't go to bed until 8am cause I had to take Stark and Dacid to the airport. That was brutal. 10 hours to Vegas, 13 on the way back. Just ask Dacid, Abstract and John about my legendary road rage driving around Vegas too...Apparently I'm hilarious :3

And don't worry we all speed. I just happen to have an obsession with it cause I have a big powerful car named TAGER!!!!

cmn_ch_a_tg.jpg

Red Kawasaki Ninja 250 vs. Red Ford Mustang GT

:v: lol its not even a comparison lol. IF I HAD A GSXR 600 THOUGH... THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT :mad:

Anyways, I've contacted Zong_One at least, and he's trying his hardest to come. MikeZ said he's interested, but then he crapped out or something and I didn't hear back from him.

If anyone from SoCal comes, do you guys have places to crash for them? It would be a vital part to making this SoCal vs. NorCal happen.

I used to make weekly commutes from San Anselmo to Cupertino. I would always get there within an hour and ten minutes. That's me traveling at 80 mph btw.

Please post the date on the first page, I don't see it listed there any where....

the title of the thread says august 28

I can probably provide housing for people I know very well. I can't really bring myself to house strangers in my parent's house, unless they're just like.. obviously a total samaritan

Take off the Cal Hotel. I have a friend who went there once when he was on a trip to check out the UC, He said it was total shit, like Marvel Mashing Hobo shit. Bug infested and dirty. Now albeit that was almost 2 years ago but if the possibility of it being still that bad, may not wanna put people through that...

On the subject of hotels, I'm planning to reserve a room at the Nash Hotel for 27th+28th nights. If anyone wants to share the cost I don't mind upsizing the reservation to get a bigger room, however I'd need to know within the next 2 weeks-ish so I have time to make the reservation. Willing to room with up to 2 other people(max of 2 beds and I don't care if I sleep on the floor, I won't be using the room for anything but sleeping and storing clothes+having a shower anyways).

If anyone is interested PM me or something and we can discuss arrangements.

Edit:Also with the above poster on that, read some ugly reviews on the Cal and that's why I picked the Nash myself.

I might be able to make it out, seems the work this month is slow as next week i only have 2 days of actual work. I'll see if i'm able to give my sat shift away if i do get placed.

1800 Monument Blvd Suite M

Concord, CA, 94520

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Concord-CA/Shadowbrooke-Games/215818714245

Also, here is what the poster for Norcal Install looks like thus far. It's still being made and edited:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6849/upload01.jpg

An hour twenty drive? There's nothing closer to SVGL and not way up the peninsula for a vs qualifier? Makes me wonder if we could do a pre-qualification on site early rather than this.

I'd think the best thing to do would be to gauge the people that are interested in representing then have those people duke it out than to drag everyone to another random day in another location, unless the streaming of qualifying for 3v3 is the keypoint here.

Side Note: I didn't give up on SJSU, but I did tell the president of Game Dev to forget about reserving the room, since it seemed like people were set on this Berkeley thing and the fee situation wasn't favorable.

An hour twenty drive? There's nothing closer to SVGL and not way up the peninsula for a vs qualifier? Makes me wonder if we could do a pre-qualification on site early rather than this.

I'd think the best thing to do would be to gauge the people that are interested in representing then have those people duke it out than to drag everyone to another random day in another location, unless the streaming of qualifying for 3v3 is the keypoint here.

Side Note: I didn't give up on SJSU, but I did tell the president of Game Dev to forget about reserving the room, since it seemed like people were set on this Berkeley thing and the fee situation wasn't favorable.

You guys just got to tell me what you want here. If it's too much trouble, then let's just meet up at someone's house, duke it out, and then go from there. Ideally, I'd like it streamed, but the more important point is to get a team ready.

I say we need to get a list of who's interested in representing norcal. Just state so here, and whether you want to be streamed or not.

Participants:

Yes for Streamed:

No for Streamed:

I wanna participate but I have no preference to being streamed or not. And given how I don't mind going to concord anymore, I might as well hit up the stream and rep that Tager power.

For me, both the distance and stream are ideal. I dunno, it would be nice for once not driving farther than anyone but say, Rin and Coopa, as gas is absolutely destroying me.

Not to mention stream is hype. The SBO quals on spooky's channel got 1500, that's more than most SSF4 streams! If we keep streaming and hyping BBCS, it's going to keep gaining more and more momentum.

For me, both the distance and stream are ideal. I dunno, it would be nice for once not driving farther than anyone but say, Rin and Coopa, as gas is absolutely destroying me.

Not to mention stream is hype. The SBO quals on spooky's channel got 1500, that's more than most SSF4 streams! If we keep streaming and hyping BBCS, it's going to keep gaining more and more momentum.

In that case, let's start hyping up NorCal INSTALL! http://ncinstall.webs.com/ Register, contribute, make articles and let's start gaining some recognition to do even bigger events.