Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rexkim

J.hs?

...it's for reverse guard. Hit point is reveresed so you need to jump behind opponent.

Fun note: There actually is a tiny tiny part o the hitbox that can hit from the front so you can make it a really ambiguous cross-up.

hitting from the front usually works in dust combos. thats what i do anyway. just naked dust and do something like j.S, j.K, j.S, j.H, j.D. its character specific though, usually on anyone with a big hitbox in the air. but using j.H alone or cross-up is better imo

Also for crossup fun, jD has a similar TINY bit that hits as a crossup late in the animation. Zappa's got tricks.

Falling straight down on the enemy with j.hs is recipe for win. Also, J.D can cross over with the last part of the hit (It messes a lot of people up because they thing the attack is done already).

j.HS is IMO one of the best moves of Zappa. With the dog it can be nastly killer. Besides, if I'm not mistaken j.HS doesn't hit on the front, but from below. Like in a dust combo, the enemy must be a little above you for the j.HS to hit. But using it as a crossup is undoubtely the best option.

and I think j.HS has some kind of Vacuum effect that draws opponent in once it hits(like Ky's 2HS or Johnny's KJ)?

I'm assuming you're talking about the sword. When I knock my opponent down, I'll run at them then do a jHS over them to hit with an overhead crossup, then FRC it and airdash backwards to cross them up a gain for another jHS or a j.D. If you watch the the "song for" combo video you can see the various combo options available with the jHS FRC. They also act as high low mix-ups. They may be too hard to be practical, I'm not sure. I actually haven't been able to try them out. But it looks complicated. But yeah what i mentioned before is how I use the FRC.

I think one of the easier combos that involves the jHS FRC is on tall opponents - 6P, 9P, jHS FRC, jP, jHS 236HS. They make it fancier in Song For, but you'll get the idea. What I figure is, if I ever feel like I am not going to connect dead-on with the jHS, I should FRC to do some sort of cross-up. If I feel like it will connect dead-on, I'll combo into 236HS.

I think one of the easier combos that involves the jHS FRC is on tall opponents - 6P, 9P, jHS FRC, jP, jHS 236HS. They make it fancier in Song For, but you'll get the idea. What I figure is, if I ever feel like I am not going to connect dead-on with the jHS, I should FRC to do some sort of cross-up. If I feel like it will connect dead-on, I'll combo into 236HS.

Quoting myself, in reference to fancy stuff with the jHS FRC. In the Canon vid at 1:30, there's the Potemkin combo which is mostly attack button inputting. I'm having a problem connecting the D at the very end of the ground work to get Potemkin airborne. Has anyone attempted this combo for fun? I can do nearly every other combo in the video...

...when I can FRC on time, which is next to never.

Quoting myself, in reference to fancy stuff with the jHS FRC. In the Canon vid at 1:30, there's the Potemkin combo which is mostly attack button inputting. I'm having a problem connecting the D at the very end of the ground work to get Potemkin airborne. Has anyone attempted this combo for fun? I can do nearly every other combo in the video...

...when I can FRC on time, which is next to never.

That's probably my favorite combo in that video. It's pretty strict timing, but you have to cancel as soon as the hitstop is over (basically, cancel on the first possible frame. j.D has a bit of startup, so if your too close to the ground, it won't connect before being cancelled; your timing and execution has to be flawless). Also, practice your FRC's, as it'll help alot. Getting used to the strict timing will help in the long run of getting other tight executions down. Good luck :3

That's probably my favorite combo in that video. It's pretty strict timing, but you have to cancel as soon as the hitstop is over (basically, cancel on the first possible frame. j.D has a bit of startup, so if your too close to the ground, it won't connect before being cancelled; your timing and execution has to be flawless). Also, practice your FRC's, as it'll help alot. Getting used to the strict timing will help in the long run of getting other tight executions down. Good luck :3

Yea, I think it's the FRC that is screwing me up. I used to do the #R versions of the combo in matches. 6P, 9P, jS, jK, jP, jP, JC, jS, jK, jP, jD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0MbGamzVPKw @ 2:15