Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin Gameplay Discussion

Yup.

6B knocking down on air hit is nice, I've needed that for a while. OD Hiyoku with no visual change is boring but the damage increase is cool. OD Yukikaze damage buff is gonna make me want to use it more. I'm curious about OD Touga animation.

Although we lost our main corner combo tools, I'm thinking new corner combos are gonna be something like:

5B>5C>5D>Sekka>6C>6D>5B>5C>2C>j.C>j.2C>j.C>hizansen

summarized evernote stuff:

-2d cancels are late in the animation

-2d>6b doesn't seem to work

-fubuki hits crouchers?

-both normal and ch rehhyou float to about head height, startup feels slightly fast and maybe smaller hitbox

-small jump motion at the latter half of ice car, forced down on ground hit?

-sekka air hit same motion as 6c's spin, can be teched if combo time too low

-sekka refreeze doesn't work well with 2d, feels a little slower for the attack to come out

-tested sekka dp punish in current ver, litchi dp nope, ragna free unless 2nd hit at tip or air blocked then kinda tight, probably works better as a frame trap rather than dp punish

-air combo>hizan ender doesn't seem to put you in a good situation

-no charge ex ice sword 1 hit only, charged 3 hit

-air ex ice sword seems the same

-hirensou lighter scaling? max charge fc removed?

-ex ice car followup seems to be slidedown? sound effect changed a little

-hizangeki downs, pick up with 2b, air combo>hizangeki>air hiyoku works

-normal touga slidedown? od touga background like ah superfreeze? cinematic is alot shorter, looks cool

-normal hiyoku blowback wallstick

-od hiyoku falls down

-air hiyoku he does the head shake taunt motion after landing

Still no 2C buffs Q_Q

EDIT: So what's the deal with the C DP change? I just read that its height was lowered. Is it so we can't combo with it anymore, or does it have a faster recovery time as well?

Hello people. I am new to this forum and I came here to look for help.

It is really difficult for me to open the opponent´s deffense, if they just block low there is no much I can do. What I have tried is to make blockstrings using the overhead (6A) so that I can bother the enemy and to prevent another overhead they block high and I can finally hit low (usually 2B). But that does not work everytime.

Also, I would like to have some Jin mirrors against someone here so that I can have an idea of how to improve.

Hello people. I am new to this forum and I came here to look for help.

It is really difficult for me to open the opponent´s deffense, if they just block low there is no much I can do. What I have tried is to make blockstrings using the overhead (6A) so that I can bother the enemy and to prevent another overhead they block high and I can finally hit low (usually 2B). But that does not work everytime.

Also, I would like to have some Jin mirrors against someone here so that I can have an idea of how to improve.

Tick throws after 2B and jump canceling stuff into j.2C > j.C/2B (risky). That and TK Hizangeki if you have 25 Heat and they're near the corner where you can turn that into damage.

Tick throws after 2B and jump canceling stuff into j.2C > j.C/2B (risky). That and TK Hizangeki if you have 25 Heat and they're near the corner where you can turn that into damage.

I do the TK Hizangeki a lot since it leads to 5K damage if I have meter for a cruss trigger. But other than that it is really hard to me to open the opponent´s defense. Maybe there is something I am lacking of in my neutral game.

Gonna try J2C>JC since I do not use that a lot honestly. Thank you very much.

You shouldn't burn that extra meter on CT unless it's for the kill, you can already get almost 5k off Hizangeki into Hizansen ender or 4.5k with Sekka ender

change list here: http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/ver2_6.html

doens't list all the changes, but the video shows:

-5D/2D special cancel

-2D jump cancel on hit

-ground 236A speed up

-CH 236A knocks down on ground hit

-j.214C emergency techable

-6C spinning float effect

-sekkajin refreezes opponent (similar to mitsuru's freeze > myriad arrows)

-632146C ground slides opponent on air hit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0VzOjaPec

so far it's all stuff from the location test as far as i can tell

Hmm... j.214C being emergency techable kinda ruins oki off air enders. Maybe this is more incentive to use the j.214D(1) routes.

skimming the tournament here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrsWN7pMjDM

i also noticed:

623D wallbounces midscreen + hardknockdown, can probably combo off it midscreen

214D groundslides, can probably combo off it midscreen

623C ground CH launches them about normal jump height, impossible to combo from unless you RC

623C air hit can still combo into 5B (forget if it was air CH or not)

2D freeze time shortened (could not 6B afterwards)

214A~C hard knockdown? never saw anyone emergency tech it like the old games

214A no longer wall bounces

at this point, i think its' fair to say taht the majority of changes from the location test are true.

623C ground CH launches them about normal jump height, impossible to combo from unless you RC

at this point, i think its' fair to say taht the majority of changes from the location test are true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrsWN7pMjDM&feature=player_detailpage#t=3988

Seems 5B worked, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

^

214A no longer wall bounces

I guess they want us to do 5D > Sekka refreeze instead? But even then I don't really see how we could get anything off it meterless other than ABC > Senshouzan. Also freeze resets dead in the corner? :vbang:

RIP corner damage, specially seeing how 214D no longer wall sticks. I can't believe they actually implemented the majority of the location test changes into the final version but oh well, we've been through the Jin Dark Ages before.

Jin is either good out of the box and then lowers slightly by end game (CS2,CP)...

...or he takes a while to develop and ends up solid mid at the end of the game (CS1,EX). Considering what I'm hearing about Ragna..the switching how good they are every other game is still in effect lol.

Tetsuwo recently tweeted this out http://mixi.jp/view_bbs.pl?comm_id=5632767&id=76767290, it seems he's playing Jin again. At least for now.

C DP follow up doesn't really seem that tight either.

5C>6C>6B>5B>5C>etc is a thing in the corner lol.