Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

I'm assuming 4x Fafnir into D.loop to lv3 BRP is an instant kill?

Of course, I can't get that combo to work without RC'ing the Fafnir. 5S and 5HS don't seem to come out fast enough. Any way to correct that? It's too easy to whiff dustloop, so more often than not, it'd end up as a waste of tension.

Regarding 4 Fafnirs into DL, only possible way I could imagine that even happening is if you took the manly route of 4 dash buffered Fafnirs (or 1 normal and 3 dash buffered) - and I don't even know if that would all work I'm just theorising here.

4 Fafnirs in a row usually pushes you out too far in order to followup in the corner (without blowing Tension that you don't have that is lol).

OS's biggest combo is either jh land fafnir run 5s dloop, jh ch combo, iadloop into jh to fafnir, or of course the perenial favorite fafnir ch. Any one have any tips on fomboing 2h to 5k as a meaty?

Different wake-up timings make it difficult, but the two most "reliable" (read: easy to time) set-ups for a meaty 2HS, link 5K both cost tension: - Crouching only gives you any ground combo into 5HS xx Lvl2 BRP, AC FRC dash buffered 2HS. - You can also get a decent meaty 2HS if you do anything into 2D xx Lvl1 GB FRC or AC FRC, 2HS (I can't recall which at the moment and I can't test it to be sure). 5K comboing into 5HS for an okay follow-up is the only reason I even try the meaty 2HS->5K link, and even then I do it very sparingly.

I don't know why but I was limiting my combo ideas to 25% tension. I had totally forgotten lv3 savage fang. Very good combos can be built around that. That said, OS =/= JA, and fafnir xN into combo isn't really a solid plan outside of killing your opponent and not wanting to let them burst.

Most dmg I ever did was CH Fafnir -> Full D.loop -> lvl 3 BRP -> Full D.loop Took a few days to do it and never did it sence then $p

Not dennying that that might be a possible combo, but seriously, you did that?If I ever did something like that in training mode I would probably just quit there. No point in playing any more because it would just be down from there. The worst part probably is I doubt that combo did much over 300 dmg lolz

Straight up most damage you'll ever get with HOS: CH 5HS CC, 6HS, dash buffered Fafnir, dash buffered Fafnir, 5HS xx Lvl3 TR, dashing 6HS (otg). 300+ on Pot. Like 360+ on Baiken. Yes, it is manly.

Straight up most damage you'll ever get with HOS:

CH 5HS CC, 6HS, dash buffered Fafnir, dash buffered Fafnir, 5HS xx Lvl3 TR, dashing 6HS (otg).

300+ on Pot. Like 360+ on Baiken. Yes, it is manly.

How do you hit with Fafnir after a 6HS? Do you rely on them not mashing out of stagger?

Also... Damn, that is manly. I'll have to learn that one. Just the chance at dealing so much damage... If I ever land it in a match, it'll be better than the time I landed the instant kill from DI: Sakkai...

Straight up most damage you'll ever get with HOS:

CH 5HS CC, 6HS, dash buffered Fafnir, dash buffered Fafnir, 5HS xx Lvl3 TR, dashing 6HS (otg).

300+ on Pot. Like 360+ on Baiken. Yes, it is manly.

If I ever see one you do dat..............

Dash buffered Fafnir is pretty much guaranteed after a 6HS hits (max stagger: 45F, Lvl2 BHB has a max of 40 just to compare). *note to Ryan-Bill, sorry dude, meant to hit quote and hit the edit button instead :sweatdrop:*

Naw better yet..:

dream off this..

My bnb's are more manly than pretty much anything in that vid. not really a good example of what to dream of. :coffee:

yeeeeeeeaaaaah, so I've been fucking around more with Johnny combos lately, and I've finally realized just how awesome linking shit after j.D is. lv1 GB j.H, j.D, jc j.H, j.D, 5S j.S, j.H, j.D, jc j.H, j.D generally doesn't work with that goddamn hitbox of his. However, lv1 GB j.H, j.D, jc j.H, j.D, 5S, j.H, j.D, j.S, jc j.H, j.D works like a fucking charm and does a few more points of damage.

not only does it make some combos easier, but it generally adds a new twist into my tech trap game and lets me extend some combos where I really shouldn't be able to. I really need to start using it more, but I just hardly use hji combos on most characters. I still don't see how 0 ever landed from a hji combo into tyrant, though. Just can't figure it out.

Dash buffered Fafnir is pretty much guaranteed after a 6HS hits (max stagger: 45F, Lvl2 BHB has a max of 40 just to compare).

I was under the impression that max stagger means other person not mashing, at all. Set the stagger in training to Level 2 mash and hitting a non-dash-buffered Fafnir after 6HS becomes extremely difficult, though possible. I think if a dash buffered Fafnir were guaranteed, I'd see it much more often in matches.

My bnb's are more manly than pretty much anything in that vid. not really a good example of what to dream of. :coffee:

Yo mama's BNB's are mo manly than that vid D$

:coffee:

Does any of you guys still play GG regularly? SF4 has kinda owned my community >.<

I play it from time to time because my sparring partner makes it so:( Other than that, the SF3 3s community here switched to SF4 pretty much, while the GG players weren't affected by this change.

I played SFIV for about a week until a friend tried to tell me SFIV was a deeper game than GG so I retaliated and haven't played SFIV since. But yeah most of my comunity is on the game heavy too. Made me realise how much of a better game GG is but that's off topic. @Kamui: I tend to use Hji combos often when I play against people with OS they're really reliable for good damage and there are alot of situations where it can be used.

How often do you see a 6HS hit in matches? Beginning of round CH 5S(f) or 2S? No other time to really utilize it, as you have better/tensionless options later in the round. You don't see Lvl1/Lvl2 BHB, Fafnir too often either in matches, but those are easy enough to hit consistently.

Depends on which player you're watching. I've definitely seen 2S-6HS -> Fafnir in matches, but this was always a non-buffered Fafnir. The computer will consistently block this combo if you set the stagger above Level 2. It's possible but extremely difficult, and dash buffering seems out of the question.

Depends on which player you're watching. I've definitely seen 2S-6HS -> Fafnir in matches, but this was always a non-buffered Fafnir. The computer will consistently block this combo if you set the stagger above Level 2. It's possible but extremely difficult, and dash buffering seems out of the question.

I can vouch for this since I do it all the time. Good chunk of damage, knockdown, and some time to charge or position yourself.

a friend tried to tell me SFIV was a deeper game than GG so I retaliated and haven't played SFIV since. But yeah most of my comunity is on the game heavy too.

Made me realise how much of a better game GG is but that's off topic.

LOL

I hope you explained to your friend that Focus is a basically a limited bastardisation of Parry and Roman Cancel? :) One of the main redeeming features that I see in SFIV tho, is that 3S players can kinda play their chars in a 3S way and ST players can kinda use their chars in an ST way, mostly. I get by knowing no specifics but recycling ST Blanka, Honda, Bison, Guile stuff with a bit of Focus thrown in too. :yaaay:

Anyway back on topic.I think I threatened with a vid a while back and still have had a chance to get something made. So I'm trying to get another one done soon, to highlight a few of the GB combos I've missed in the past and some other stuff like Overdrive use.

I still don't see how 0 ever landed from a hji combo into tyrant, though. Just can't figure it out.

Yeah I'm still waiting on that too. Are you going to tell us how he did it Hintalove?

Ye Hentia - where you keep dissapearin to ._. - Report plx!

I remember when I was just starting out on GG with OS and TB came around and started 6HS->Fafnir'n people. I stole that joint so fast. People up here -HATE- OS fafnir :bad:

LOL

I hope you explained to your friend that Focus is a basically a limited bastardisation of Parry and Roman Cancel?

Ye lol

+1 to Akira xD

On topic: Isn't it a LOT easier to keep puressure on people if you don't HJ and keep them close to the ground? I thought thats why some Jap OS' kept people near the ground. Yah its not as good of dmg and harder to pull off but its a lot easier to control / keep the pressure on.

I think.. :gonk: