Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

[CT] Taokaka Combo & BnB Thread

I usually use dash -> j.c -> j.236bbbb ender on Carl, though I remember seeing the j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.b one in a video and went, "That seems cool to do, oh well." I'll have to give it a shot next time someone picks random and ends up with Carl. (No Carl players locally and I don't really play online anymore.) Though I guess it doesn't matter as much anymore with CS Carl's hitbox. I'll also have to try using taunt to replace 5c. I assume you follow with 236a before 2d~6? Does it work in the corner? (Though in corner I try for 5d~c -> 5d~a -> 5c -> 2d~5 -> 5d~c -> 5d~a -> 9d~6 -> j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb after 3c. I think there is a way to get one more drive hit during the part after 3c, but it might be something that only works offa forward throw in the corner and using j.4d~5.) Gives me a good reason to dust off the old CT training mode I guess. Thanks for the advice.

Started mucking about in training mode with Tao's B&B stuff. I got 5B 3C 5D~6 j.C j.236B 2D~B 5C 2D~6 j.C 8D~6 j.C 8D~6 j.236BB j.236BBBB down pretty decently, but I can't get the drive loop to work (was trying on Jin.) I'd do 5B 3C 5D~6 j.C 5D~6 j.C, and this j.C would always miss, no matter how I tried to change the timing of the j.C.

Jin

I think I found your problem. You don't drive loop Jin. It's an easy mistake to make, but Jin has a wonky hitbox in general. Try Ragna, he has the most normal hitbox. Or possibly Hakumen.

The first page says it works on Jin >_< I'll probably try Ragna/Hakumen/Tager etc when I get home. I figure if I can do the j.C 236B 2D~B 5C part of that one combo, the drive loop SHOULD be easy in comparison, right? =P

I find that the best non-taunt combo to do to Jin is (if you're not too far away): 5B 3C 5D~B [hit] 5C 236AA 2D~6 j.C 9D~9 j.C 9D~9 .. j.236BB j.236BBBB [~3700] Mostly, just treat him like a small character, you'll have a much easier time with comboing Jin in general. And yeah, you were doing one of her more difficult CT setups, drive looping should be a breeze, you just weren't doing it on the right character.

I got really confused for a second and was like "What, where'd all the posts go?" Then I noticed this was the CT thread....I'm having trouble figuring out what to do on rachel for 5B>3C. Right now I do 5B 3C 5D~6 j.C 236B j.2D~B Taunt 236A . . . . . . . . but the taunt hardly ever hits unless I'm in the corner.

Alrighty, another question. What do I do on people like Rachael who never seem to be in range of the third hit of 3C? I can of course just do something like 5C 236AAA 5D and mixup, but I can't find any good combo options. I was mucking around with doing 5B 5C 236A 5D RC 5B 3C 5D~6 j.C j.236B 2D~B 5C etc, but the 5C whiffs (I'm assuming because the combo is too long at that point,) and it also seems like kind of bleh damage for 50% heat/drive/tension/whateverthehellitis.

I got really confused for a second and was like "What, where'd all the posts go?" Then I noticed this was the CT thread....I'm having trouble figuring out what to do on rachel for 5B>3C. Right now I do 5B 3C 5D~6 j.C 236B j.2D~B Taunt 236A . . . . . . . . but the taunt hardly ever hits unless I'm in the corner.

just do 5C rather than Taunt and follow straight with the vertical drive loop. That should work if I recall correctly.

5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb (3991)

everytime i try this combo the first j.c always fail. do i have to start off the combo when they are caught jumping?????

5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb (3991)

everytime i try this combo the first j.c always fail. do i have to start off the combo when they are caught jumping?????

Just to be sure, the first j.c in the combo is this bolded one: 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb, and not this, which is actually a jump cancel: 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb.

If you were doing that correctly in the first place, maybe try delaying the j.d~a or whatever other move or moves you need to to get the correct height.

I got a drive loop question. I got the timing down for most basic drive loops (excluding taunts, etc.) but I'm having a hard time connecting them on Noel. The combo I'm practicing is :

(5b) 3c, 6d~6, (j.c, 6d~6)x2, j.a, j.a, 9d~9, j.c, 9d~9, 236bbbb

Usually if I don't start with 5b, the combo will connect with no problem, but when I do start with it the part in bold is what whiffs about half the time. I feel like if Noel is high enough after the two j.a, the up drive is gonna hit, but I haven't really had any success figuring out how to make it hit 100% of the time.

I sort of feel that if I hit my j.c's too early in the beginning of the combo, Noel is too parallel to Tao and thus the up drive won't connect...

Any tips? :)

I got a drive loop question. I got the timing down for most basic drive loops (excluding taunts, etc.) but I'm having a hard time connecting them on Noel. The combo I'm practicing is :

Usually if I don't start with 5b, the combo will connect with no problem, but when I do start with it the part in bold is what whiffs about half the time. I feel like if Noel is high enough after the two j.a, the up drive is gonna hit, but I haven't really had any success figuring out how to make it hit 100% of the time.

I sort of feel that if I hit my j.c's too early in the beginning of the combo, Noel is too parallel to Tao and thus the up drive won't connect...

The ender I like to use is j.A>j.C>9D~9>j.C>9D~9>236BB>236BBBB It works on most of the cast, with the exception of Carl and Rachel if I remember correctly.

The only time this combo would work is in the corner from the very start I think

Noel and Jin you to do one less drive loop to make the ender connect

With Jin I know 3 drive loops works only in corner not sure about noel

The combo I use on noel if I land a 3c is

3c>6d~6(depending on how close you are noel may bounce off the ground, this is fine)>j.c>236b>2d~b>here you have 2 options either taunt or 5c

taunt>236aa>2d~9>j.c>9d~9>236bbbb

5c>2d~9>j.c>9d~9>236bbbb

The ender I like to use is j.A>j.C>9D~9>j.C>9D~9>236BB>236BBBB It works on most of the cast, with the exception of Carl and Rachel if I remember correctly.

This combo doesn't work on most the cast because they will be to high for the second j.c to hit. Also j.a>j.c doesn't work on noel in the combo he was talking about i'm pretty sure.

for characters that j.a>j.c does work on you would do j.a>j.c>9d~5>66>j.c>236bbb>236bb

Yeah j.a, j.c won't hit her. I've just started playing Tao so the taunt combos are still really tricky to land. I actually haven't managed to land one proper one yet, haha. The hard part is hitting 2d~b... I know there's a guide to it somewhere around here so I'll be checking it out soon.

This is correct.

You can omit one drive and do:

2D~9, j.5C, 9D~9, 236BB, j.5C, 9D~9, 236BBBB

please note that this is my 2nd day playing taokaka and I'm about a week into BB :gonk:

Can someone help me with this? Ive been at this all day and Im about to pull my hair out!!

I do:

6a (bounce off wall) > 236CC > 3D~3 (aka 2D~9) > JC > 9D~9 > j236BB > JC > WIFF or the Training Dummy Tech's out Every time. I cannot get that last 9D~9 > j236BBBB in!!!

when I watched the taokaka tutorials (based off the DVD) they do it on Jin. I usually use Jin as my training dummy. Ive seriously tried all I can think of. I've tried to delay the j236BB, ive tried to delay the last JC to get Jin a bit above my head for the last 9D . If the positioning looks good (Jin is still resting above me) then she just rubs against Jin and he eventually techs. If it doesnt look as good she just 9D's over him. Is there something I dont know?

please note that this is my 2nd day playing taokaka and I'm about a week into BB :gonk:

Can someone help me with this? Ive been at this all day and Im about to pull my hair out!!

I do:

6a (bounce off wall) > 236CC > 3D~3 (aka 2D~9) > JC > 9D~9 > j236BB > JC > WIFF or the Training Dummy Tech's out Every time. I cannot get that last 9D~9 > j236BBBB in!!!

when I watched the taokaka tutorials (based off the DVD) they do it on Jin. I usually use Jin as my training dummy. Ive seriously tried all I can think of. I've tried to delay the j236BB, ive tried to delay the last JC to get Jin a bit above my head for the last 9D . If the positioning looks good (Jin is still resting above me) then she just rubs against Jin and he eventually techs. If it doesnt look as good she just 9D's over him. Is there something I dont know?

Been reading these for a while, and thought I'd join. I main Taokaka, and really must get a consistant sub off the ground.

Anyway, Kenex, 'fraid you can only do two drive loops against Jin, not three, as far as I'm aware. You'll have to drop the last 9D~9.

You can also try 4B+C at the beginning of that combo, and follow with 236CC.

Personally I struggle to split the j236b moves, I find it unreliable. My prefered bnb Drive loop is 3D~9 > jC > 9D~9 > jC > 9D~9 > 236bb > 236bbbb, same amount of hits. Watch the end though, timing can be strict. If the combo counter remains bright red, it's a true combo. If it goes dull red, it's not a true combo and can be teched.

Hope that helps dude.

Personally I struggle to split the j236b moves, I find it unreliable.

Your delay is in the wrong place. The delay is between the 9D~9 and the first j.236B. Not between the two sets of j.236Bs, those must be done as fast as possible. It's like that because it's dependent on the hitboxes while you're hitting them, how much above/below the opponent you are.

For example: 6C 236CC 3D~3 j.C 9D~9 j.C 9D~9 WAIT j.236BB j.236BBBB

If it helps try doing a 41236 motion (half circle) for the first j.236B, that should "create" the little wait window where you'll be able to consequently do the whole CAT2 string flawlessly. It's useful at the very least at the beginning so that you get used to the timing/visual clues.

Your delay is in the wrong place. The delay is between the 9D~9 and the first j.236B. Not between the two sets of j.236Bs, those must be done as fast as possible. It's like that because it's dependent on the hitboxes while you're hitting them, how much above/below the opponent you are.

Cheers dude. :-) I did mean, however, that I struggle with the 236CC> 3D~9 > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BB > 9D~9 > j.236BBBB version. I can link j.236BB > j.236BBBB, but i find the version with the drive between the two unreliable. It seems to whiff the final 9D~9 50% of the time (and I have tried 9D,6D,3D or 5D, doesn't seem to make a difference). Is there a timing issue here?

I've just noticed who you are, dude. Man, I love your vids! :-) helped me out a lot with my Tao (though I still suck - win ratio of 30% - really need a sub chara though cos I only ever use Tao online since the game came out over here on 1st April 2010). Thank you for your vids. :-)

Cheers dude. :-) I did mean, however, that I struggle with the 236CC> 3D~9 > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BB > 9D~9 > j.236BBBB version. I can link j.236BB > j.236BBBB, but i find the version with the drive between the two unreliable. It seems to whiff the final 9D~9 50% of the time (and I have tried 9D,6D,3D or 5D, doesn't seem to make a difference). Is there a timing issue here?

You're missing a j.C, it's actually: 236CC> 3D~9 > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BB > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BBBB

You're missing a j.C, it's actually: 236CC> 3D~9 > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BB > j.C > 9D~9 > j.236BBBB

Ooooooooooohhh. Thank you. Will go try that now.

The version where you split the two j.236B by including a j.C 9D~9 between them always does less damage, you should definetely keep using the standard vertical loop where you end with j.236BB j.236BBBB

The version where you split the two j.236B by including a j.C 9D~9 between them always does less damage, you should definetely keep using the standard vertical loop where you end with j.236BB j.236BBBB

Fair enough, but how come the damage is different when the 2 combos have the same number and type of attacks, just split differently?