Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC Combo Thread

On the characters with huge fat sprites in the air (again, Pot & Anji, probably others but not Dizzy cause she's too light), you can do the 669 combo INTO a super jump install combo. Looks so damn pretty and I don't even find it that hard.

The 6p is for the lift it gives you, moreso used on the heavy characters when I play. Sure it's prorated but where's the damage if you start a combo with jP? =P You can do 5K, 5S, 2S too... I don't like using far slash in juggles, I dunno. EDIT: Really though there's nothing wrong with a good old 5S, 2S, butt. I like the knockdown distance. Running jump followup or 2366D.

6P, as Mechanica said, fixes some height issues with certain characters. For instance, throw -> dash forward 5K, 6P, 2S, sj.K, sj.S, sj.HS KG works on the entire cast from what I can remember, whereas 5K 5S 2S the rest etc might not.

ive only tested this one on Order, the timing is a little tight but its half life. 50% Tension (anti-air) 2S, butt, RC, Orb, LAND, dash, 5K, 5S/6P(one hit), 2S, sj.P, sj.S, sj. HS, sj.D, Orb :psyduck: sorry im wrong its a neat combo but i totally spaced out recovery, apologies..

bored and working on max guard bar combos for shits and giggles. here's what I ended up with. (corner - max guard bar - 0% tension) 66c.S > 6HS(2) > IAD > j.HS > land > 6HS(1) > 9 > j.S > j.HS > j.D > orbs > land > 669 > j.S > j.HS > j.D > orbs > land > 9 > j.S > j.HS 425 dmg on zappa there, I had my fun. obviously cranked guard bar IK combos with aba aren't anything incredible when she has tension, I just thought a tensionless IK guard bar combo was kinda interesting.

Anyone wanna help with 669s? Idk why I cant get it. I mean I know what it looks like, and have done it plenty of times but I cant ever do it on command. Should I treat it like learning FRC's an look for a visual acknolagement. I've tried to already on her throw, but had no Idea when to start the 66. I know your supposto do the 66 as fast as possable but How do you know when to do the first 6 just before the throw command frame has ended? Or is it like reversals you just have to keep not getting it untill you just get it? Also is it critical to catch them on the way up like on the 2 or 3erd frame after the jump? Cuz I noticed in corners for orbs I can do the combo off of 2H without the IAD if I just delay my fisrt J.S untill there starting to fall, Or if you DO catch them on the way up with J.S Throw a J.D after the J.H with heavier chars. that gets the orbs just next to landing on the ground. I mean it combos, which only leaves the 669 to continue. Σ(T∇T)

The visual acknowledgment is that you don't even really see her enter her run animation - if only for a frame. You want to 669 ASAP as you are able to; the instant you are able to act after the throw animation ends. 669 should be fast and fluid, again, you really shouldn't see much at all of her dash frames and just get the momentum for the jump. For the dash jump j.P combo after the throw it's important to catch them early I believe.

I just started ABA myself and I can't seem to do it either, at least in the standard way,so I modified it a little to make it easier for me. After the throw I usually do 66 c.S OR 66 5K and then do the combo. I'm still not able to do the whole combo yet but I can at least now make it to the 2S part of it now. I hope this helps you a little.

Hi, I'm new to ABA and I'm having loads of trouble with the first combo (trouble points in bold)...

Opponent on Corner or near the corner

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab

Works on: Ky, Zappa, Chipp, Anji, Robo-Ky, Testament, Venom, Potemkin

All too often, in training mode, when I try the bolded j.S, the training dummy (Ky) techs early and my attack just whiffs. That's if the j.S comes out at all; sometimes I'll just end up jumping and doing nothing like an idiot. Now, on those times when I actually land the j.S (probably once every ten minutes, heh) and the follow-up aerial combo, by the time I land, the training dummy is too high off the ground and techs before it gets within range for a keystab (the most important part!).

I land this combo once every hour (no joke!) and show no sign of improving at it. Any help on those bolded moves would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can I do some random starting sequence into this combo (eg. 5K f.S 2HS > IAD blah blah blah > double keystab), or will it not work?

~Z

Pretty much anytime you combo into 2HS, you can string into IAD j.S, j.HS, Orbs, or dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs. The combo listed above is a staple combo of mine with two exceptions; I always FRC the first Orbs, and I dash jump your bolded j.S instead of regular jump. Doing that FRCed Orbs I'm pretty sure guarantees the combo on everyone with proper timing on your 2HS -> IAD. There are absolutely situations where you can combo off the first orbs into dash jump without FRC, but the FRC makes it mostly guaranteed.

For the dash jump j.P combo after the throw it's important to catch them early I believe.

I think it's possible to catch some characters too early. I know at the very least that Sol and Eddie can tech if your j.P lands too early; they'll tech after the j.S. Unless I'm making a mistake here, which is definitely possible.

Edit: Fail; it was a problem with the dash jump not coming out sometimes that caused them to tech, I think. More testing in effect.

Anyway, while we're on the topic of the j.P throw combo, I'm having a hard time getting a superjump after the 2S. I have a feeling this is a "get a stick lol" issue, but anyone have any tips for working in the sj on a pad? Whenever I wind up actually getting one, my j.S turns into a TK Orbs :vbang:

Moroha: Thanks for your help! d(^^)b

Pretty much anytime you combo into 2HS, you can string into IAD j.S, j.HS, Orbs, or dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs.

Are there situations where one of these is more valuable than the other, or is it a matter of preference? Is it, by chance, a matter of "the first string is impossible vs. Character X, so you must do the second string"?

...and I dash jump your bolded j.S instead of regular jump.

(I'm assuming you mean "run on ground and jump as quickly as you can", right?)

I'm wondering what effect a dashing jump slash (669) has that a standing jump slash (9) doesn't? So far, it seems like it has no effect and just gives the opponent more time to tech while I spend time inputting the extra 66 motion.

Once again, thanks for your help, and I hope I'm not troubling you too much.

~Z

I'm wondering what effect a dashing jump slash (669) has that a standing jump slash (9) doesn't? So far, it seems like it has no effect and just gives the opponent more time to tech while I spend time inputting the extra 66 motion.

You're supposed to input the 66 so that the second 6 comes out on the first frame you are able to act. It's supposed to be a jump that gives you more forward momentum than just a regular jump (9) while you're doing j.s so that you can add on a j.hs, j.d, orbs without getting pushed away.

Basically, it shouldn't look like you're dashing at all.

I think it's possible to catch some characters too early. I know at the very least that Sol and Eddie can tech if your j.P lands too early; they'll tech after the j.S. Unless I'm making a mistake here, which is definitely possible.

Edit: Fail; it was a problem with the dash jump not coming out sometimes that caused them to tech, I think. More testing in effect.

Anyway, while we're on the topic of the j.P throw combo, I'm having a hard time getting a superjump after the 2S. I have a feeling this is a "get a stick lol" issue, but anyone have any tips for working in the sj on a pad? Whenever I wind up actually getting one, my j.S turns into a TK Orbs :vbang:

You're right it's possible to catch some characters too early, Jam for example, if u just slightly alter the timing of the dash j.p you get different ways of failing at the combo.

Ok, so I'm in the process of switching from pad to stick. I'm really happy with it, and I can definitely see how my game will be a lot tighter once I adjust completely. However, there's a few things with A.B.A that I just can't seem to adapt to properly, and I was hoping for some tips? The big one is the midscreen or corner 2HS, IAD j.S j.H Orbs. Very rarely does the j.H even come out. One thing I've noticed is that my IAD may have gotten lower with the stick, but it also seems like the j.S is coming out really late (but maybe I just never noticed that before). Could one of these things be the problem? That's actually probably the only thing. Dio throw combo is going well, Rekkas are fine with no accidental Goku morohas, dash jumps are fairly good. But without that midscreen BnB I feel like my game is lacking big time. Any tips?

2H, slight pause against most characters except like Ky, IAD j.S, immediate j.H, immediate Orbs. That's the best advice I can give. You need to gatling the j.S naturally into the j.H, that's all there is to it.

Are there situations where one of these is more valuable than the other, or is it a matter of preference? Is it, by chance, a matter of "the first string is impossible vs. Character X, so you must do the second string"?

Um, here's my 2H gameplan in theory

Midscreen no tension you want to combo 2H (1) into Rekkas. That gives you a knockdown and oki reset.

Midscreen 25% tension you want to combo 2H (2) into IAD, since you can FRC the orbs off of it for more combos.

Corner 2H with any amount of tension is whatever the fuck you want, honestly. It all depends on the character, your tension, and how flashy you want to be. :) But in the corner, 2H xx IAD leaves you with lots of options post Orbs with or without FRC, while 2H xx dj loop leaves you with similar options. It's just preference, I think 2H IAD looks cleaner but w/e. Also 2H xx DJ loop depending how deep it is can set up a funny relaunch combo I figured out today in training mode, at least on Slayer :)

for some reason orbs FRC feels like one of the hardest FRCs in the game. It's hard enough to do on it's own cause it's kinda late compared to everything I'm used to, but then in combos with the ability to do the input early and the game storing it, it screws with my timing even more. I don't want to wait to do the input later cause then I'll either land, or whiff luckily 2HS is retardedly easy due to the slow visual confirmation (right as the second hit hits the floor) and dangoku cause it's almost as soon as you do the input. any possible tip on getting the FRC? on a side note some nifty combos: on johnny and sol since they kinda float in your normal 2HS IAD S, HS combo instead of delaying the IAD you can do an early and low to the ground IAD and do HS, D, orbs, land 669 j.S, j.HS j.D orbs I believe johnny can get hit by another j.S, j.HS, j.D orbs and then 669 j.S, j. HS orbs...but even the second rep can sometimes be whiffed on sol Johnny: them standing in the corner, you close: j.S, j.HS, j.D orbs land, j.S, j.HS, j.D orbs, land 669 j.S, j.HS, j.D orbs land, I believe you can get another 669 j.S, j.HS, orbs after but I can't remember if that actually hit or they teched every time. It might be possible if you delay the last set of orbs a little as an alternative you can do j.S, j.Hs, j.D, land j.S, j.HS, j.D xx orbs to start the combo

Now that I have working sticks again... Here's a neat corner combo I've been trying to work in as a B&B: Dashing 5S (either version) -> 2H (both hits) -> TK Orbs FRC -> 2-hit Orbs -> etc. This does NOT work on: Ky Robo-Ky Jam Zappa Venom Baiken It gets two consecutive 2-hit orbs on: Potemkin Axl Millia (OMG THE DAMAGE) You need to wait a bit after 2H before performing the TK orbs on: Johnny It works with a slightly different method (jump then orbs, don't TK) on: ABA Testament Now, when going for TK orbs, you need to perform the motion SLOWLY, so as not to superjump - that causes you to float upwards after the FRC and messes up the combo. After the 2-hit orbs, I usually like to go for the best double keygrab combo. Here are my favorites for different characters: May, Millia, Dizzy, Bridget, Chipp, I-No, Sol, Order-Sol - Danzai, Double Keygrab Faust - 2H xx Danzai, Dashing c.S xx Double Keygrab Slayer, Johnny - Dashing c.S-2S xx Danzai, Dashing f.S xx Double Keygrab Eddie, Testament, Potemkin, ABA, Axl, Anji - 669 j.S-j.H-j.D xx Orbs, land, Double Keygrab On Potemkin you can actually get 2 orb loops into double keygrab, but it's kinda hard and the damage scales badly for the 2nd one so I just tend to skip it. So, after you get all this down, have fun! It's a very strong corner combo and well worth learning.

Hey now, love to see some fresh combos, especially after such a drought in the forum. Orbs into orbs is flash city as well. If I can drag my carcass off of TF2 I'll hit up training mode today...

unless something happens to screw my plans up, I should be hitting up SB3. can't pre-reg until next weekend when I get paid again though =/ just to keep this in topic, flashy 50% tension wasting corner throw combo: throw > 9 > j.P > j.S > j.HS > orbs > 6FRC6 > j.D > land > 2S > sj.K > sj.S > sj.HS > sj.D > orbs > 6FRC6 > j.HS > keygrab

I've come to realize that impossible dust combos may not be the best idea in certain situations. You know how in ABA mirrors, any aircombo into keygrab gives you an OTG keygrab? Well, the new shit I've been seeing in match vids as of late is to do this from standard dust combos into keygrab. Apparently, while they're in that launch state from the dust, knockdown moves make them bounce higher off the ground. Thus, you have enough time to get a double keygrab on anybody. EDIT: Here's the usual dust combo into this... 5D, homing jump, j.S-j.H, homing jump, j.S-j.K-j.S-j.K-j.S, jump cancel, j.S-j.H xx Keygrab, land, OTG Keygrab This works on most characters but not everyone (i.e. Chipp). In these cases, try replacing the j.K's with j.P's.

Here's a new combo which I think is worth mentioning as a B&B: 5S (1 hit)-2H, IAD j.S-j.H xx Orbs, land, dashing c.S-2S xx Danzai, dashing f.S xx Keygrab, OTG Keygrab This does almost as much damage as you would get from FRCing the Orbs in that combo, for no tension at all. Doesn't work from any other combo starters due to gravity, but 5S is one of her main moves so it should still get plenty of use. Note that I haven't tested this on everyone. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on lightweights, and I'm not even sure about the Sols since they're kinda lightweight. I do know it works on middleweights like Eddie and such.

You need to dash in the first few frames you're given to act, then keygrab. It's that simple! It works on a certain number of characters (check my 101 FAQ), and it also works on Faust without even having to dash.

Sign in to follow this