Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Well after a jump in you'll get always thrown (as long as your opponent awaits it) if you land in front of a character which is not in blockstun. So I guess there has to be some sort of landing recovery.

EDIT: hm.. but you can block.. so well, it can't be a "real" recovery. Help me save that mystery.

.. but if you burst and land there doesn't seem to be any recovery.. or at least an even smaller one.. so in this situation the one who is quicker wins.

Also what's up with Ky/Sol/Order Sol's small recovery after landing from a jump? Do any more characters have this? How do I get rid of it?

well, going back to this, i don't see how Sol has any recovery from landing, except after what Teyah said.

however, Ky definitely goes into a crouch after landing, but if all you did is jumped up and landed, i don't think you're forced to go through that landing animation. (at least, it seemed to me, when i tried it, that you could hit any attack button and you wouldn't see him crouch down, after landing.)

hm, well, maybe this isn't quite what you meant, though. could you give more details?

Hitstop might be messing with your high jump cancel. Delay your down-up a bit to compensate.

You can not get rid of the recovery to say. It will always be there till those frames are completed more or less, even if it doesnt look like it. Theres also ways when vsing ky etc useing proxemity blocking, as when you do the game bugs, and it keeps it forever untill the move causeing proxemity blocking is gone, allowing you to chose how your moves force a character to stand or duck..... But thats more complicated.....

also acctualy bursts and other things acctualy allow... blah whatever.. im lazy.

Well after a jump in you'll get always thrown (as long as your opponent awaits it) if you land in front of a character which is not in blockstun. So I guess there has to be some sort of landing recovery.

EDIT: hm.. but you can block.. so well, it can't be a "real" recovery. Help me save that mystery.

As far as I can tell it's a timing thing. It's easier for the defender to throw you, in any case... partially because of timing, mostly because of how long the unthrowable state after blockstun is.

It's probably just a situation where the defender has the advantage in terms of who throws who.

Hey guys sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I honestly look around and found nothing. Why can't I high jump cancel? I'm trying to high jump cancel Order Sol's 5H and I just get a regular jump cancel.

Also what's up with Ky/Sol/Order Sol's small recovery after landing from a jump? Do any more characters have this? How do I get rid of it?

I was having trouble earlier with this, but the best time to input down up is JUST AFTER 5H hits. From there, it's just a matter of getting used to pressing j.s a certain way to make sure it hits.

SJC'ing Order-Sol's 5HS, I do up-down-up. If I just do down-up, I find I have to delay the down-up more then I like to wait. Plus my way gets the JI. but whatever works best for whoever.

I've got trouble landing air throws. They are performed 4HS or 6HS, right? I try to press that but usually an attack comes out, or the opponent throws me. Any tips? Please?

Hidden

I find Airthrows are easiest to do if you focus less on what direction you intend to throw the opponent (just jump with :u: and throw, it's not hard at all) unless you're in the corner and know things about wall bounce that could be useful.

Me being a Ky player, I'm best at throwing opponents after crossing them up/high jump over them and can throw Bursts on reaction if I'm in range.

you can't use 7 9 1 or 3, only 4HS and 6HS. and make sure you are in range. and make sure you throw them before they throw you

I've got trouble landing air throws. They are performed 4HS or 6HS, right? I try to press that but usually an attack comes out, or the opponent throws me. Any tips? Please?

Everyone has a throw range of 88 dots, except for May & I-No (96), and Potemkin (104), so if your opponents are one of those three, you may be getting thrown before throwing them because you're getting "outranged".

if an attack comes out, it means you're out of range, but don't forget that air throws have a bit of vertical range, too (as opposed to ground throws), so keep that in mind when you're lining up for an air throw.

btw, what characters do you play?

also, some people find superjumping to an air throw to be easier; i don't exactly remember why, and i can't say i find superjumping or normal jumping to make it easier/harder. superjumping gets you up there faster, though, so that may help with timing the throw.

Question : I've seen players air dash or double jump after already doing an attack in the air, how is this done? As an example of what I mean: the Ky player did something like 9, K, 44 (back air dash), 236 HS. Why didn't he drop after the K? (this is not part of a combo, the player was just doing this for zoning)

edit: Well, tried doing it with punch and managed to get it to work. Just did the punch really quickly after the inputting the jump. What is this property called? Is that all there is to it? Does the kick just have stricter timing?

double edit: Looks like I just have to wait for the recovery of the air move to finish :-/

air attacks don't necessarily force you to land. (i think MOST don't force you to land; an example of one that DOES force you to land is Baiken's j.H.)

so for the most part, you can throw out an attack, and if you haven't landed by the time the attack has fully recovered, you can do something else. (so, if you still have your air movement options, you can do that, too.)

air attacks don't necessarily force you to land. (i think MOST don't force you to land; an example of one that DOES force you to land is Baiken's j.H.)

so for the most part, you can throw out an attack, and if you haven't landed by the time the attack has fully recovered, you can do something else. (so, if you still have your air movement options, you can do that, too.)

Thanks. Yeah, I think all this time I've just been inputting the airdash too quickly while the kick is still in it's active/recovery frames.

do the input for a move, and add 7 or 9 at the very end depending on the move :V

for example: Anji TK Orb: 2147P

Venom TK Mad Struggle: 63269HS

Axl TK Kokuugeki 632147S

its just a little weird with moves like Ride The Lightning and Chemical Aijou, you do 632147896HS

3 questions.

-Can someone explain to me Baiken`s reversal seal effects?

-In AC is it possible to block during the initial part of an air dash using slash-back? I have noticed that if u sb after a.dash, the character remains in blocking animation for a short time after the sb is over. Is there any particular use of this?

-How can Testament FRC 5D in Accent Core?

3 questions.

I think they're listed in the frame data. Off the top of my head, one makes every hit a counterhit for a while, one seals jumping and dashing, one makes the next move unblockable... there are more I think. and all of them can seal any one button.

-In AC is it possible to block during the initial part of an air dash using slash-back? I have noticed that if u sb after a.dash, the character remains in blocking animation for a short time after the sb is over. Is there any particular use of this?
No, I don't think you can cancel airdash into SB before the airdash starts.

-How can Testament FRC 5D in Accent Core?
Er... There's an FRC point before the active frames? I'm not sure I understand your question.

3 questions.

The Baiken guide explains the seals (although that's the next thing I'll be revising)

During your air dash, when you are otherwise vulnerable you can slashback. First of all, this acts as a normal slashback so you can slashback moves this way where you would have been hit before. Also, this causes (some) characters to fly further in their air dash, and causes the character to turn around in the air as if you had superjump or doublejumped even if you only did a normal airdash. Useful for making up space after a knockdown to get a better meaty (for baiken).

Okay, i've tried to search for it for a while now. What's that type of parry that I see jam players doing all the time where the little green circle appears. Is that a dead angle? because she's not flashing white but it's not a slashback either.

Sign in to follow this