Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karlkablisk

MIU coming to New York Dec. 7th - Dec. 14th

Anyone who played GG at EVO in the last few years should know about MIU the Japanese SOL player. Theres usually a big crowd of people playing him when hes at evo and I think SOL and people who want to beat SOL players would benefit from the session. He's coming to NY and I'm going to try to organize 1 day between dec. 7th and dec.14th where people can come over to Brooklyn where I'll set up a few TVs for a night of GG practice. I'll also announce a day when he'll go to Chinatown fair though we may also go there randomly during the week. I really wish I coulda made this announcement earlier but well, I forgot, lolz. Too busy w my life and work. Anyone interested in either of these things, post on here so I know and subscribe to this thread, then look to it for an update. MIU does not speak English guys but the universal language of Guilty Gear, lolz. He can get by and understand some things for those of you who come and want to talk to him a bit and we might have 1 or 2 ppl around who can translate for you. - KKL

I was at CTF over Thanksgiving Week and the cab was in fact super shitty. Have fun with Miu though. And be warned, his Japanese is pretty tough to understand :keke:

yeah, he talks fast. About the GG cabinet, I'll ask, and if anyone can get a hold of henry it'll be good, he should be able to fix it up. I'll try as well. If theres enough people, I can do it in park slope R train, I'll give address if its finalize and it'd take place during next week, weekend would be best to get most people like sat. or sun. he goes back the 14th. Monday tho. That should give time to build up some more ppl to know about it BUT as it is right now this is NOT enough people so I know I announced this a lil late, but if I don't get a good number of ppl its not going down.

So whats that? Daiandoh, utility and krochos? plus me, miu another guy I'm bringing makes it 6 ppl? We went to chinatown fair one time. Miu had no problem on P1 side.

Hey Carl, good timing. I will be in New York this weekend. If this goes down Saturday at your place I'm game. I leave Sunday night so Sunday afternoon *may* work too. Alex G and another friend of mine are coming too. I'm in contact with Josh, Chaz, XAQ, etc, so I'd assume we'd all be down.

trazek! You, your friend, Alex G, Josh, Chaz, XAQ and more sound GREAT. If we can pull that off then SAT. sounds like a perfect day I'd do it at my place in park slope, some of the NY players have been there before like Josh and chaz, I'll set up a few TVs. If you guys want pizza and drinks I'll ask everyone to chip in a lil bit if they can.

Trazek can you confirm some ppl and then mail me at karlkablisk@gmail.com? Thanks!

I didn't get enough responses for an announced chinatown fair day but if we decide to go I'll post it on here asap and maybe someone will see it in time.

- KKL

MIU's English is pretty awful but you guys should manage. At Evo 2k4 I had a conversation with him in English about SBO that year... just have to keep it very simple and slow. :lol:

sry everyone, MIU didn't have enough time. I tried to make it happen but his schedule of sight seeing was packed. I tried to move things around a little bit but I couldn't find a way to do all the things we wanted to do and have the GG party. He said he wants to come to NY again next year tho and I'll try to give a bigger notice. - KKL