Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

I'm having trouble doing the J.C cross up in fever mode, I looked at the expert video and the commands got me confused how do you perform it. The combo sections says the combo is 3aa(release 1d bug) > hjC (crosses up) > j2c > 5c bug hits > 1d bug hits > 1d bug up part > loops but its not looking right to me any suggestions?

The one that I introduced in the expert tutorial was a straight up j.c cross up.

The combo in the wiki is a reset/mixup, don't regard them as the same.

Can you explain the notation you put in the video cause i honestly don't really get it:

[c] delay j4cd > j2c > c bug > d bug1 > d bug 2.

Can you explain the notation you put in the video cause i honestly don't really get it.

[c] delay j4cd > j2c > c bug > d bug1 > d bug 2

[c] - buffer c bug

delay j4cd - Jump forward, and a split second longer than usual, hold 4 (backwards) and press c and d almost simultaneously.

j.2c - c dive, this actually whiffs

c bug - The c bug connects after the j.c

d bug 1 - the d bug on the way down

d bug 2 - the d bug on it's way up.

However, quite frankly if you can't understand the notations by the expert tutorial, you need to stick with beginner and intermediate and practice more.

Thanks for the help, I just didn't understand the buffer c notation. I was doing challenge 8 for Arakune and the one thing I don't understand for the dive into loop combo is how are they buffering a bug in the jump without j.A coming out.

Hello Arakune guys!!!

I'm a Hakumen/Hazama main and have just been giving other characters a try.

I was trying to do: 6A, 5D, (JC), IAD, j.4B, 5A, 6B, j.6D

I can never get the IAD to work (9~6 input that is) and it seems a traditional air dash (9~66) takes too long so they tech before j.4B can connect.

I tried to do IAD standing and it seems like the timing is really weird because of his jump animation. Am I missing something?

Any tips?

@LordSpectreX and ZONG_one

Thanks for the help I kinda combined the tips and realized my problem. They were teching in the time it took me to go from:

9~66 (gap) 4.B

Now I just 7 jump, dash and immediately do j.Ax2 to keep the combo up. Works like a charm.

I saw an Arakune video this week and I can't remember which, in it, the Arakune player did a 2C then green throwed them, or something along those lines.

Does Arakune have any green throw tech traps?

The one I like to use is while they're cursed, lock down with bugs then j6A in. As you'rer falling the C bug hits them and then stays there for a second. Do jA just before you hit the ground, the animation is covered by the C bug. Then throw + ]D[ for big damage.

I'm having trouble getting maximum damage from people who jump backwards during curse. I did what Zong_one said, about locking them down then 44 Teleporting. But the problem is that I can't 5D CH, 2C or j.5C them afterwards because the D bug doesn't come back quickly enough before they start jumping again. I'm doing airthrow at the moment. Which is working okay, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to get damage off them.

5A>6B>j.6D is the stapple one, near the corner it nets you 100% curse. If you have enough time/balls you can go for 2C FC for 100% curse anywhere on the screen.

What are some good counters you can do from IB?

Ara doesn't have a legit reversal.

But mumm is right.

Against like.. Tager/Litchi or anyone who's melee oriented/has somewhat slow startup on attacks.

IB > 5A > 6B is good.

Most of Ara's defense is passive though.

You're going to be IB > backdash a lot more than IB > counter.

Lately I have been messing up my dive cancel combos in two ways and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

1. One way is after the first dive cancel 5D the JC > J.A hits but the J.C would miss. It's starting to happen like 1/4 the time but not sure why.

2. If I hit the second dive cancel for some reason I blue beat after dive cancel 5D > JC > J.A > (blue beat) J.C > J.D am I just doing the combo wrong?

1. After the first dive cancel into 5D you have to Super Jump cancel J.A > J.A > J.C.

2. You need it to be off a fatal counter for you to do the 100% curse combo.

That's not correct.

The second rep is only 1 sj.a > j.c.

Plus his problem is doing it to a character whose hitbox requires a different dive loop altogether. The challenge mode dive loop only works on certain characters. Either that or his timing is off.

I'm going to throw it up to timing cause only recently Ive been dropping this combo on the second rep. Thank you for the info on why it blue beats ill stop at 70% now.

Lately I've been reading people saying to use 2B so stuff certain attacks and to be honest I never touch the move. What makes 2B so good?

Before the hitbox appears, it low profiles under some attacks, making them whiff.

if your whiffing JC it's probably a spacing issue.. depending on character and how far you are/side your on after 2C FC the combo changes slightly on the first loop to put you at the right distance for the second.. although some characters do require a delay before JA to work (i think tao, hazama, sometimes bang)

Against like.. Tager/Litchi or anyone who's melee oriented/has somewhat slow startup on attacks.

IB > 5A > 6B is good.

IB 5A->6B absolutely rapes Tager. It shuts down a lot of his pressure options.

I'm having trouble getting maximum damage from people who jump backwards during curse. I did what Zong_one said, about locking them down then 44 Teleporting. But the problem is that I can't 5D CH, 2C or j.5C them afterwards because the D bug doesn't come back quickly enough before they start jumping again. I'm doing airthrow at the moment. Which is working okay, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to get damage off them.

This is actually a problem I've been having lately, whenever I curse one of the local players he just does jump backwards and barriers, etc. Only he's played me alot, so he'll randomly jump forward and stay at this really annoying range. Anyways, what I have found is, after you teleport through back of the screen, dive at them. j2A, etc. Then, use another A bug to cover your lag. From this, begin 3AA pressure, or tag them with a 6A to pull them in, and being mixup. It's not DP proof though.

This is also why learning C bug-less loop starters has been a godsend for me. Cause it lets you REALLY get that lockdown. Without being scared about not being able to combo.

Generally, you don't want to use D bug at neutral, but if you must, and you get a hit but D bug won't combo, what you should do is get them into the air, and j6B dj6B -> Wheel. It prorates kind of not so good, but you can get also knockdown -> lockdown/mixup.

[c] delay j4cd > j2c > c bug > d bug1 > d bug 2

[c] - buffer c bug

Ohhhhhhhh. I see what you mean. You mean summon C bug. I was so confused watching your video. I can do all the loops in all of them, but christ this whole time I was like "HOW IS HE HOLDING DOWN C AND PRESSING IT AT THE SAME TIME THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING SKYE HOW MANY FUCKING FINGERS DO YOU HAVE?"

Ohhhhhhhh. I see what you mean. You mean summon C bug. I was so confused watching your video. I can do all the loops in all of them, but christ this whole time I was like "HOW IS HE HOLDING DOWN C AND PRESSING IT AT THE SAME TIME THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING SKYE HOW MANY FUCKING FINGERS DO YOU HAVE?"

Hahaha, sorry for the confusion.

If you opponent is chicken blocking, if you can get to them, go for primers.