Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank The Tank

The even NEWER North Carolina Thread

I haven't watched the vid yet but when I see Mitsurugi's name in the title I know I'm about to see some really good play.

even moreso when you see Ogawa's name in the title as well, along with part1-part8.

More disappointed that so few people will do things.

I hear that. It means a lot when people stick their neck out to set something up IMO but is largely thankless even when it's pulled off successfully. The only thing more thankless is probably providing food for events :D

About money - I'm more than willing to contribute to help anyone else's efforts. Up front, since the idea of owing people money makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather assume that risk myself. I realize offering someone else money to plan a thing isn't as good as planning a thing myself and I'm not substituting one for the other, I just still can't say when I'll be able to make good on something and want to put my support for events out there.

About money - I'm more than willing to contribute to help anyone else's efforts. Up front, since the idea of owing people money makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather assume that risk myself. I realize offering someone else money to plan a thing isn't as good as planning a thing myself and I'm not substituting one for the other, I just still can't say when I'll be able to make good on something and want to put my support for events out there.

The money issues are actually separate from gatherings, except in one person's case anyway. I'd just rather get all that straight first before I possibly get myself into further similar situations.

edit: A1 tournament at Gamefrog?

Hey guys. Anyone want to play games today in Raleigh?

....If you want to drive to Greenville too, that's cool. I just need a ride. I got gas money and crap.

Yo matt, I won't be making games today. I'll try to hit you up later in the week after I do some school.

for future reference, do you guys want to organize some online gatherings since most of us have PSN accounts? Online will be online but I think we can still learn something.

See my Shoryuken post.

I see it, man, but unless someone offers to host IN Raleigh, we're shit out of luck. Best bet is seas of cheese's place tomorrow night.

anyone here actually go to ECU? Cuz i dont have a car on campus so i will need some sort of ride to get to where the games are

I go to ECU, but I am now in distance education so I'm not close to campus. ECU isn't that far a drive from anything in greenville though so as long as you are available and show interest, you shouldn't have trouble catching a ride.

Sam is so hungry for GAMES.

Jon, do we need a system/TV/game for Melty there?

If you want, we can just play (me/you) at my apartment. I can't imagine any other Melty players being there and I don't know what their space/setups are like. This would also let us play as much as we want and I can probably go to bed earlier ;p

I wouldn't mind having a few people over on Tuesdays or Thursdays occasionally. Day-of, I can start posting up if I'm up to having people over...and these will likely be the days that me and Doug are already meeting up for Bali and possibly playing 3D games you guys don't care about, so be aware of that.

Hey Brent, yeah I'd like to do that, but I don't have a car. Jon was willing to take me to Seasofcheese's place, but I doubt he wants to take me over to your place just so we can play Melty Blood by ourselves lol.

Just stay in town this weekend, cause Kris said he's gonna see if he can have a gathering at State?

Also, doesn't Doug play Melty Blood? Just let me know if he wants to and we can get up when ya'll play shit and go to Bali Hai.

Sounds like a plan. Excepting the staying in town part. Got some birthdays back home to attend to...

Doug does play MB. He's been trying to play XAQshinor style.

Took a nap as soon as I got home and haven't eaten yet.

What do you guys play there? Is there a CRT we could use? I might go to a few of them, but I'm not too crazy about non-weekend gatherings.