Sign in to follow this  
Cirno

BBCS2 FINAL SHOWDOWN: Loketest 5, Nov. 15th Discussion

Stunedge, Jin has been getting steady buffs since the first loctest where nearly everyone else has been getting nerfs. It's pretty unanimous that, in its current state, he's a shoe-in for at LEAST high A-Tier. Some guy getting a 40 win streak (and I assume there are more high-level players than just him, given that it's the final loctest and it's going for a comparatively long time) is just a demonstration of how strong he likely is.

Hecatom, 15 seconds is a long-ass time. It's not /too/ bad for anime-style fighting game regulars but have you ever talked to someone outside the loop (lol puns) about it? They lose the flow, it interrupts the action, may as well be a 15 second loading screen. It's easy to lose focus but outsiders (see: people who have never heard of Dustloop) find that important, and those outsiders, no matter how much everyone here seems to hate them, could be good future players if they didn't find Litchi's coffee breaks so action-breaking. Look at Dacidbro, one of the best US BB players, and he agrees that the lulls in the action are terrible; judging from some of the things he's said I'd say he was very nearly one of those people who stopped playing for reasons the regulars have just gotten used to.

Even for doujin fighter regulars, 15 seconds is still long. I can't think of much short of infinites from broken games that go on that long. Longest combos in GG were around 5 seconds.

Change a char change them all? That's true, but they seem to be aiming for 3-3.5k bnbs for most of the cast. Less than half is a bit much. But they seem to be taking that 'miserable damage midscreen super damage in corner' approach for Bang too, and I really can't say I like it.

And no it's not my first fighting game (if that's what you mean), GG was. Though to be fair it is my first time actually tracking a fighting game's loctest, so maybe I am overreacting or it'll change dramatically for the better at launch. With any luck I'm overreacting, really do hope that because BB has so much promise.

you typed all this stuff

but all i see is shit

Seen anything on there about Noel yet?

Sadly, none of them are marked with a star, so I assume nothing new about her yet.

unanimous based on what now?

Based on all the previous loctest data and the threads created with them. Go back and look. Jin's gotten tons of buffs, and I'm definitely not the first person to point it out.

Tager's changes seem to suggest being able to get 4800 damage from a b buster or something. 3C got quicker maybe? (that would help the case for the 2C, 3C, gatling).

I don't get the whining. Combined with the system changes, general gameplan changes, and nerfs everywhere CS2 sounds a lot more fun than CS1.

New nerfs for Rachel:

風を使わなくてもJCが繋がる [This was next to the nerf that was about 2C having more hit stop I believe.]

火力が据え置きでC追加の仕様変更のためCSより火力を出しにくくなった

He also made a post about character summaries, if someone wants to translate those from the blog. This is the one for Rachel:

まさかCSよりダメージ効率悪くなるとは誰が想像したであろうか…

呉羽さんが頑張ってたけど面白い動きはしてた

JA確かに強いけどダメージカスで風もなくなるし色々きついかもしれん

ダリアさんで風稼ぐとかも出来るみたいだけどゲージ使うしねぇ…

Edited by tofurr

Based on all the previous loctest data and the threads created with them. Go back and look. Jin's gotten tons of buffs, and I'm definitely not the first person to point it out.

can't...resist...responding to troll-fu.

Please explain how 'getting buffs' suddenly means a unanimous designation of 'A-Tier' for location tests of a game not released yet.

Stunedge, Jin has been getting steady buffs since the first loctest where nearly everyone else has been getting nerfs. It's pretty unanimous that, in its current state, he's a shoe-in for at LEAST high A-Tier. Some guy getting a 40 win streak (and I assume there are more high-level players than just him, given that it's the final loctest and it's going for a comparatively long time) is just a demonstration of how strong he likely is.

jin is the most unchanged of all the cast, combined to the easy aproach of him no wonder why he seems so strong at this point, only time will tell

Hecatom, 15 seconds is a long-ass time. It's not /too/ bad for anime-style fighting game regulars but have you ever talked to someone outside the loop (lol puns) about it? They lose the flow, it interrupts the action, may as well be a 15 second loading screen. It's easy to lose focus but outsiders (see: people who have never heard of Dustloop) find that important, and those outsiders, no matter how much everyone here seems to hate them, could be good future players if they didn't find Litchi's coffee breaks so action-breaking. Look at Dacidbro, one of the best US BB players, and he agrees that the lulls in the action are terrible; judging from some of the things he's said I'd say he was very nearly one of those people who stopped playing for reasons the regulars have just gotten used to.

i agree completely that 15 seconds of litchi stuff is just awful, but to remove that they would need to redesing litchi, so im not holding my breath :/

Even for doujin fighter regulars, 15 seconds is still long. I can't think of much short of infinites from broken games that go on that long. Longest combos in GG were around 5 seconds.

1st you should play F/UC that shit has the longest bnbs that i have seen :v:

2nd GG is way more faster than BB plus there are a lot of combos that long more than 5, is just that they go with the flow of the game

Change a char change them all? That's true, but they seem to be aiming for 3-3.5k bnbs for most of the cast. Less than half is a bit much. But they seem to be taking that 'miserable damage midscreen super damage in corner' approach for Bang too, and I really can't say I like it.

me neither but oh well, thats the way that mori want us to play the game :/

And no it's not my first fighting game (if that's what you mean), GG was. Though to be fair it is my first time actually tracking a fighting game's loctest, so maybe I am overreacting or it'll change dramatically for the better at launch. With any luck I'm overreacting, really do hope that because BB has so much promise.

you get used to see a lot of stuff when you follow the games, i remember when ac got announced and with the changes of HOS people were crying OMG TOP TIER all the time, hell even on Slash people were thinking that HOS would be Top tier by what they saw on the local tests and we all know how he ended

PS

can we stop calling BB an anime/doujin fighting game, anime fighting gamea are the games of naruto, dbz and the like, and its not a doujin either doujin =/= air dashes, is just a fighting game, if you like a new school fg if that thing exists

Edited by Hecatom

Ragna

- まだお有利なくなる

Google traslation:

Ragna:

-You still will not Toshi Tamotsu

What is Toshi Tamotsu? I was never aware than he could do that in the 1st place....

@Shinkada: If Stunedge said so, then it's the case.

Speaking of whining, no one's said why 4.4k for that Haku combo was worthy of a "wtf?". Please explain. :psyduck:

Ragna:

-You still will not Toshi Tamotsu

Google Translate, you've done it again..

Seriously, just wait for someone to translate the changes.

That shit is awful.:vbang:

When you decided to argue against the best US player, you already lost.

Google Translate, you've done it again..

Seriously, just wait for someone to translate the changes.

That shit is awful.:vbang:

Yeah, I did that was the earlier post, something about hazama sticking snakes into rachel's dahlia or something. Probably inaccurate but very japanese.

*google translates tagers changes*

Its over...its fucking game over people.

remember when someone, i think it was zidane, was talking about banning certain people from gameplay discussion forums, and only gameplay discussion forums? like blade?

can we add shinkada to the list?

Yeah, I did that was the earlier post, something about hazama sticking snakes into rachel's dahlia or something. Probably inaccurate but very japanese.

Actually that ones accurate. I've seen screenshots of that all over the internet.

Thanks to the local translators for all their work. I hope that you can get to the Character summaries. I am sure everyone would like to know if their main character is currently inhaling and exhaling oxygen.

fucking awesome, and fucking accurate actually