Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi - Combo Discussion 3.5

Alright, this is important to know for everyone planning to use Tsu in extend so read up-

In the process of figuring out max damage combo for situations using Mugen, I've run into a lot of situations where it's better to use 2 hits of 623D in 3-D series(this is what I'm going to refer 623D > j.236D > j.214D) instead of the full 3 hits. I thought it was odd because this wasn't always the case so I thought it was factor of where you land the hitbox of the orb's multi-hit and that possibly that the 3rd hit of 623D had some kind of a negative proration off certain starters.

This is not the case.

What's really going on is actually the factor of Mugen's proration in effect when it's on.

When you're at the bare minimum of 1 stock and activate Mugen, the Mugen effect itself will end before you complete the entire 3-D series at the point where you won't get the bonus proration of the j.214D which ends up having two effects.

1. Damage

2. Proration(what you can connect afterwards will often times become more limited).

With perfect timing, you are able to land all 3 hits of 623D and get the proration from j.214D orb hits in Mugen with 1 charge Mugen but the timing is very tight and character specific in some cases. That's why in one charge Mugen scenarios I will say most of the time it will better to go with 2 hits 623D to guarantee that you will get full proration from the 3-D series which generally will end up more favorable.

Ideally you want the best of both worlds and with practice you should be able to do that but like I said, hitboxes do matter so be prepare to deal with the usual character specific nonsense.

For 2+ charges Mugen, this is not a factor as you'll have ample time to do the 3-D series in full without any issue and then some(like 236D > 214D/22D etc).

I'll make a quick video in the near future to show exactly what I'm talking about where I do the same combo 3 times with different results.

When you're at the bare minimum of 1 stock and activate Mugen, the Mugen effect itself will end before you complete the entire 3-D series at the point where you won't get the bonus proration of the j.214D which ends up having two effects.

I knew it.

Where is the timing tight on landing all 3 hits? Getting 623D as soon as possible after mugen activation?

Add when you're starting j.236D > j.214D as soon as you land the 3rd hit of 623D and of course where your enemy is in the air/ground when you start 623D.

If they're on the ground the full 3 hits of 623D will happen quickly and when they're in the air lets say off of 6CC, the 3 hits will take longer to connect.

It's super scenario specific because of all these factors.

That's some interesting information, Batousai. I'll be looking out for the video you produce showing examples as well. It's about time I start reading the things you and some of the others have been figuring out so far.

Wish I was able to help out all this time, but I'll just have to wait to get a US copy.

BatousaJ are you sure about that 6C combo? The dummy always techs at the last 2C, I even tried to do only 6C and not 6CC but I get always the same end. Btw that's some good info, totally looking forward to a vid about it

BatousaJ are you sure about that 6C combo? The dummy always techs at the last 2C, I even tried to do only 6C and not 6CC but I get always the same end. Btw that's some good info, totally looking forward to a vid about it

Are you doing them in extend or CS 2 and which variation are you talking about?

And boom.

Hopefully that paints a clearer picture of what I was talking about before.

You should all know about it as it's important. Not sure if I want to bother Audrina to put it on her channel since it's a small showcase thing but I'll see.

Good to know J. Thanks~ It really helps to see it.

If you want me to put it up on my channel I don't mind. It's no biggie. I already fav'd it so maybe some YT stalkers will see it on their feed and check it out on your channel though.

Nice. It's definately nice to get a picture of what you were talking about as it helps.

Gonna be practicing the timing to get the max damage down.

Good to know J. Thanks~ It really helps to see it.

If you want me to put it up on my channel I don't mind. It's no biggie. I already fav'd it so maybe some YT stalkers will see it on their feed and check it out on your channel though.

Meh, I think only people serious about learning Tsu should be aware of the concept so I don't think it'll need a wider audience other than people that come here to learn stuff so I think it should be fine.

Gonna be practicing the timing to get the max damage down.

Like a boss~

It's not easy though >_<;;

Meh, I think only people serious about learning Tsu should be aware of the concept so I don't think it'll need a wider audience other than people that come here to learn stuff so I think it should be fine.

I know that feel bro.

>The reason I'm not completely invested in doing tutorials of this sort for my character is because only two or three people are actually invested enough to use it.

/sad

Meh, if I wanted mass-appeal I'd be playing and making stuff for SF or MVC 3 or something.

Ew.

Still, at least the tutorial stuff isn't very hard to make.

I think I made that video above in like 30 minutes.

Meh, if I wanted mass-appeal I'd be playing and making stuff for SF or MVC 3 or something.

Ew.

Still, at least the tutorial stuff isn't very hard to make.

I think I made that video above in like 30 minutes.

i found it helpful actually i was wondering why the damage was weird off the 6C > 623D > 236D > 214D. hope you make more you got support right here

Like a boss~

It's not easy though >_<;;

Perfect. Just how I like it.

Though Bat I think you ought to be known for the work you do.

Oh, don't get me wrong.

I wasn't complaining about the response or appeal of the stuff I was making, I was just contemplating if it's something other people outside of Tsu main/sub players should take a look at.

The bonus proration and combo rate you can get off Mugen is just a lot of fun to mess around with and it adds a new depth to playing as Tsu that I'm really enjoying. I think you guys will too once you start making it a part of your standard repertoire.

My only problem with it is that Tsu is not the best at building meter and in CS 2 I would normally use the meter for rapid cancels or 236236C finishers for added damage. Now I'm more hesitant to RC because of the huge upside even a 1 charge mugen has and that's limiting my offensive unpredictability somewhat.

It's a balanced approach though and an adjustment to make.

I've started jotting some spiffy stuff I've been discovering lately and I think I'll have another combo video out before the US release of extend so look forward to that.

A few combos that I haven't seen posted that seem pretty nice.

[2 charges, midscreen]: 5CC > 623C > j.214B (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.236D > j.214B (whiff) > 6CC > 214D > walk forward 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B

4.1K damage, 41 meter gain, pretty good corner carry. As it's derived from Bat's j.236D > j.214B (whiff) > 6CC combo, it has the same issues with working on taller characters. It also doesn't seem to work on Lambda; the 214D either whiffs or blue beats with her.

[1 charge, corner]: 5CC > 623C > j.214A (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.214D > 6CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214C > 22B

3.8K damage, 38 meter gain

[2 charges, corner]: 5CC > 623C > j.214A (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.214D > 6CC > 214D > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B

4.1K damage, 41 meter gain

A few combos that I haven't seen posted that seem pretty nice.

[2 charges, midscreen]: 5CC > 623C > j.214B (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.236D > j.214B (whiff) > 6CC > 214D > walk forward 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B

4.1K damage, 41 meter gain, pretty good corner carry. As it's derived from Bat's j.236D > j.214B (whiff) > 6CC combo, it has the same issues with working on taller characters. It also doesn't seem to work on Lambda; the 214D either whiffs or blue beats with her.

I like this one. I was positive that the 214D worked but I didn't get round to testing it. Not using another charge stops around 700 more damage being inflicted so that's really good to see. I'll add this to the wiki.

[1 charge, corner]: 5CC > 623C > j.214A (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.214D > 6CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214C > 22B

3.8K damage, 38 meter gain

Another good charge combo which I'll add.

[2 charges, corner]: 5CC > 623C > j.214A (whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.214D > 6CC > 214D > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B

4.1K damage, 41 meter gain

Would you think it's worth going for the extra charge when there is little difference in the damage and meter gain with the above combo?

I thought I posted the corner combo with 1 charge with it starting with 5A > 5CC before.

But yes, that 1 charge corner combo is very good to know.

You can also do it off j.C > 5CC along with 5A > 5CC.

I thought I posted the corner combo with 1 charge with it starting with 5A > 5CC before.

But yes, that 1 charge corner combo is very good to know.

You can also do it off j.C > 5CC along with 5A > 5CC.

5A > 5BB > 5CC > 623C > j.214B > j.C > j.C > j.214D > 6C > 22C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B - 3203 damage 39 Meter gain

j.C > 5CC > 623C > j.214B > j.C > j.C > j.214D > 6CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B - 3851 damage 40 meter gain

I dug and found this as I remembered you saying it. I'm surprised I didn't add them. I'll continue digging to find the 5A > 5CC combo, and I'll add it if I can find it. Who knows, I may even find other good things too.

No biggy, I'll bold the combos I think that are worth adding from now to help you two out in updating the combo thread and wiki.