Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

TK crescent > RC > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > 6C > 236C > 4B > 2DD > TK crescent > 6DD > 2DD > aerial
80*.89*.98*.92*.85*.9*.89*.94*.92*.75*.94*.94*.89*.94*.89*.85 = 15.85 or 13.76 with 8 5C's

In my experience, TK > 6DD stops connecting after 18%. Usually, it's better to have it at ~22%. If anyone can record themselves doing it, I'd be very surprised.

But I don't have a capture device...I was able to do it though without problems.

TK crescent->RC->5C->6C->236D->214D~C->2DD(I backed away before doing the 2DD to let 214D~C have the maximum height)->6C->236C->4B(the 4B has to be pretty deep and hit almost right before they tech)->2DD->delay TK crescent->dashing 6DD->2DD->D spam

Edit: Did you ever try doing dash 6DD Overheat? Normal 6DD won't work after the 2nd crescent. You have to dash for it to connect.

I'm very surprised if it does connect. I don't like doing Dashing 6DD's. I'd rather do a closer TK and then do a 6DD, since I find it makes the air ender a lot less iffy. Dashing doesn't really help the combo per se. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised if it hits on the last possible frame, but I've never done a TK > 6DD combo (in my memory right now) where the proration was below 18%. I'd have to think about it, since even doing an 18.2% combo is really the same as a 15% combo.

48 hits: 4464 damage without super

46 hits: 5421 damage with super

I suck at doing a consistent amount of hits with 5C and 6C :(

I also found out that you don't need to do the 4B as late as possible. You can just adjust when you do the 2nd crescent saber to compensate. And in hindsight, it would have been smart to get the heat values as well. Oh well.

I'd have to think about it, since even doing an 18.2% combo is really the same as a 15% combo.

Why not just do it? If my horrible execution and I could pull it off, I doubt it would be tough for someone who does good Lambda combos to do.

Crescent Ender = 51 hits - 4605/(-50)56

Calamity Ender = 51 hits - 5612/(-50)54(-50)

I would recommend leaving out the 2DD > 6C in that combo and going straight to 236C after 214D~C since it does more damage (5,965 and 4,983 with and without super respectively) and is a lot easier to connect. You miss out on about 4-6 heat, but that's pretty much the only downside.

Someone try this very flashy combo?

in corner

236B(Ch)>RC>214D>5Cx8>6C>236A>214A>(RC)>Backdash>6DD>2DD>2149D>5Cx1>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>44B(2)>2DD>Air Swords>j.214D

can't test it myself right now.

Incidentally, are the combos in the combo thread the optimal ones or not? If not, I should probably remake it with the ones I use and then you guys could tell me what is better than what I am doing.

Incidentally, are the combos in the combo thread the optimal ones or not? If not, I should probably remake it with the ones I use and then you guys could tell me what is better than what I am doing.

Oh, please do. I finally got a copy of the game that works with my xbox (yay for PAL), so I've been meaning to make adjustments.

Having an updated list would be a nice reference~

They aren't. The real problem is whether or not it's worth it (it depends) to go for the harder, better combo's. For the most part, her best combo's look really similar to one another

Most of the corner ones should be, but I don't know about midscreen.

At any rate, I think it'd be worth remaking the thread for organisation's sake, so go ahead if you want to. I'll go through the old thread again to pick out any useful combos or information later.

The real problem is whether or not it's worth it (it depends) to go for the harder, better combo's. For the most part, her best combo's look really similar to one another

I reckon a note in the first post would be an easy way to tackle this problem. Like you said, it's all down to judgement so I think having a small write-up that talks about proration and how they affect specific parts of Lambda's combos might be more useful than omitting some combos from the thread. Sound good?

They aren't. The real problem is whether or not it's worth it (it depends) to go for the harder, better combo's. For the most part, her best combo's look really similar to one another

I generally don't think they are worth the extra effort for the most part but there are people who do. Hence why I never cared to make another combo thread. But it is probably time for an updated one for the people who care.

I reckon a note in the first post would be an easy way to tackle this problem. Like you said, it's all down to judgement so I think having a small write-up that talks about proration and how they affect specific parts of Lambda's combos might be more useful than omitting some combos from the thread. Sound good?

That sounds great. I figure this is what I do subconsciously when I play anyway and it is better in the long run for people to make combos up on the fly rather than memorize them.

Edit: I'll probably make the new combo thread sometime this week (this week being between today and next Friday). Just post your optimal combos in either this thread or the current combo thread.

Remembering the properties of moves and what would work in general in combos is more useful than memorizing set combos themselves, imo. I'll post some optimal combos later to help you out.

Remembering the properties of moves and what would work in general in combos is more useful than memorizing set combos themselves, imo. I'll post some optimal combos later to help you out.

Basically I just try to remember the P1 of whatever starter I use and decide which combo to nail that way.

That aside, is it possible to get 236D to hit off a 65-70 P1 i.e 4B or 3C. I'm thinking cutting the 5Cs to make it work? In the corner of course.

Yeah. Just something simple like 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 5C[8] > 6C > 236D would work.

In situations like 3C > 236B > 5B > 6A > TK > 5C > 6C > 236D, IMO, it's better to cut short the 5C's at 2 hits. Of course, that's also assuming you're at the right distance, since sometimes if you did a Dashing 5B > 6A > TK, it might mess up the distance.

If you get a good starter, that's a really good place to minimize 5C usage. If it's just some random pick-up, it usually doesn't matter unless you're aiming for the optimal combo in that situation.

Yeah. Just something simple like 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 5C[8] > 6C > 236D would work.

In situations like 3C > 236B > 5B > 6A > TK > 5C > 6C > 236D, IMO, it's better to cut short the 5C's at 2 hits. Of course, that's also assuming you're at the right distance, since sometimes if you did a Dashing 5B > 6A > TK, it might mess up the distance.

If you get a good starter, that's a really good place to minimize 5C usage. If it's just some random pick-up, it usually doesn't matter unless you're aiming for the optimal combo in that situation.

Okay I think I see what the problem is, I tossed in the 236C after the 6C. Otherwise I should be able to do 236D off a 65-70 P1 starter then?

So today I learned that my easy mode corner combo from 4B(2) only generates 49 heat before the final crescent so I couldn't always end with giant sword super. Then I changed it to make more heat and now I am happy. So I guess combo practice in training mode can be fun at times.

Versus is your 1st?

Do you even have to ask? :3

Zoular? I know that guy. What has he done this time?

As long as he hopefully learned his lesson.

On a different note, I never realized how much I just wing my combos. It's no wonder why I have problems learning other character's combos.

Combos are usually the first thing I learn. Then I after I get bodied on netplay, I remember I have to learn the character's play-style too... :sweatdrop:

But speaking of other characters, you were trying to pick up Tao last I remember. How's that going?