Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CP] Izayoi Gameplay Discussion - Tobe! Gandamu!

shes definitely faster, (air)dash acceleration up i think

6A special cancel confirmed, 5C moves her forward a LOT actually. Overall, Teleports have less recovery i think, 236B~214A 5C works. Apparently some new combo routes involve OTG 5C > TK Noir > 5C (!!!) So hopefully that means comboable raw noir? Aegis blade comboable in the corner (midcombo, and on CH, unsure about ground hit non CH) with dash 5A. There are also some midscreen combos involving aegis (unless it was a typo, Aegis linking into A Sabre???? wat)

5B 2B, 5C 6A gatlings.

Ill miss Aegis blade AA, but... well, things are probably going to be a lot nicer with better dash accelerations and SP cancel 6A. Can't really complain, normal mode looks seriously strong.

im pretty sure it still works, someone did it at the pre- release tournament but im just going off of memory

6A special cancel confirmed, 5C moves her forward a LOT actually. Overall, Teleports have less recovery i think, 236B~214A 5C works. Apparently some new combo routes involve OTG 5C > TK Noir > 5C (!!!) So hopefully that means comboable raw noir? Aegis blade comboable in the corner (midcombo, and on CH, unsure about ground hit non CH) with dash 5A. There are also some midscreen combos involving aegis (unless it was a typo, Aegis linking into A Sabre???? wat)

5B 2B, 5C 6A gatlings.

Ill miss Aegis blade AA, but... well, things are probably going to be a lot nicer with better dash accelerations and SP cancel 6A. Can't really complain, normal mode looks seriously strong.

This sounds like a whole lot of awesome. It seemed to me that damage was lower in normal mode than before, but i'm not sure. I wish i could watch TRF's timeshifted stream, why do you have to be dicks, niconico?  :arg:

5B 2B, 5C 6A gatlings.

If Noir ends up being fast enough to be comboed and it's still overhead then lol.

236b got faster because 5b > 236b works at all ranges and all situations (standing, crouching, etc)

also, 623b > 214b >623b certainly doesn't work anymore

that stupid restriction on sonic saber after 214c seems to be gone

I suspect that 6a doesn't have any armor on it anymore

I've noticed in one vid that it looks like we don't need to link Phoriser after strike fall now, I saw strike fall do a ground bounce like animation kinda similar to Ragna doing the axe kick follow up on ID. I'll link the vid to where I saw that later, have to look for it again.

noir edge isnt overhead anymore, btw. no p1/p2 data is out for her AFAIK, sucks lol. But her combo rate is down as a whole (70% in GA, 80% in normal mode vs the old 80/90), along with the new combo timer decay intervals (kicks in a little earlier) and 6A properties the 236B change still hurts, but not as much as it would seem.

There are now full midscreen 0 stock combos, though. You can do stuff like blah blah 5C 6A 236B~214B 5C 2C 6C 6B and for a knockdown. Bunch of other sideswap combos possible, bbs is useless, etc etc

combo selection right now is really bad, better combos exist but people are still doing old confirms. it is what it is. 6a has 110% bonus prorate, forces crouch on standing so its pretty important!

I think it's important to know that the new version is only at least a week old and so it's safe to assume that people are still in "1.1 mode" so let's just give it some time first. That's just me though.

Wow reading those changes makes me very sad. I was wondering why it seemed her damage was down in general. Is normal mode j c after dp impossible now with its changes?

I can deal with a small nerf in damage if she gets a better normal mode overall

Is there a overall change list for Izayoi? Aside from a few notes buffs or a nerf or two I've been wanting to know what she can and can't do now cause I don't even know if most of these Izayoi players are playing to or near her potential or just new to playing her.

http://youtu.be/VZoBBrVZO0c?t=15m15s

Hmm, looks like Overdrive gives less (half) stocks this time around? IIRC, Overdriving in full health gives you 4 (could be wrong) but in this part of the video, Koreru only gets 3. Did ArcSys tell us any changes to Izayoi's Overdrive? 

I can deal with a small nerf in damage if she gets a better normal mode overall

yes, normal mode is a lot better, i think max damage is down but average damage is up?

For the sake of conversation, seems like in Overdrive, Izayoi's Astrea (236C~D) hits more than once this time around. I wonder what other changes they've made for her in Overdrive.

http://youtu.be/2ROZqNsFyno?t=21m27s

Yeah, strike fall also hits 3 times. Astraea teleports and can actually hit crossup, so its pretty cool.

j.C stars corner combos for 2500~

what is this :psyduck:

what did you do to my Yoi :(

is there really no one playing her to the point that they can't even find proper combos?

People arent doing very good confirms lol. Dont sweat it too much!

Is there a overall change list for Izayoi? Aside from a few notes buffs or a nerf or two I've been wanting to know what she can and can't do now cause I don't even know if most of these Izayoi players are playing to or near her potential or just new to playing her.

I dont think people are doing very well with her, but ill try to consolidate a bunch of known, obvious changes here haha

-Combo Rate reduced 10% in each mode (Normal mode 90% to 80%, Gain airt 80% to 70%)

-New gatlings, 5B 2B, 5B 6A, and 5C 6A.

-623b knocks back extremely far. Still possible to convert on CH.

-623c is a DP. ~13-15f startup if i can trust twitter.

-623c lots of untech time, lower launch, comboable off high hits. Uncancelable into A/B/C teleports. Unsure about D on block, but yes on hit.

-236b emergency techable on air hit.

-236b startup ~14f, combos from 5b.

-236b~214b 2b and 236b~214a 2c/5c combos on standing hit, no need to 3c launch anymore for sideswap.

-Noir Edge no longer an overhead.

-Noir Edge lessened/removed landing recovery, backwards momentum added. Can combo on midscreen CH.

-5C moves forward, makes a lot of confirms/blockstrings a lot easier.

-3C no longer JC on block

-6A no longer guard point.

-6A forces crouch. Special cancelable, 110% bonus proration on hit. A lot of hitstun i think!

-Teleport recovery LOOKS lessened, but no concrete information. I think cancel restrictions have been changed.

-jA hitstun increased (maybe indicative of attack level up).

-Airthrow bounce on hit reduced. Combos into 3C/Astral without delay.

-GA dash looks like it was changed somehow (to me, looks like faster acceleration w/ less momentum)

-Strike Fall cancelable into astraea and mirage thrusters. Ground bounces, then soft knockdown. Comboable into phorizer at all heights.

-Astraea height on hit reduced? 236C~6D 214B 5C combos on standing hit, but not 236C~6D 214B 5B 5C (If you do 3C before the 236C~6D, you can pick up with 5B)

-GA 6C Height on hit reduced? 6C 6C 623C is a midscreen combo part.

-OD Astraea changed, hits 4 times, covers a lot of space quickly.

-OD Strike fall hits 3 times.

-Trans Am consumes 1-4 stars depending on how many stocks you have (25% of the bar for every stock used)

http://youtu.be/VZoBBrVZO0c?t=15m15s

Hmm, looks like Overdrive gives less (half) stocks this time around? IIRC, Overdriving in full health gives you 4 (could be wrong) but in this part of the video, Koreru only gets 3. Did ArcSys tell us any changes to Izayoi's Overdrive? 

Keep in mind, overdrive gave you extra stocks based on hitstop during the actual overdrive duration, so its possible to actually gain more stocks than that if you inflict enough hitstop to reach the next interval. im pretty sure they reduced the duration slightly. However, i saw ODGC at 35% life give her a ridiculous amount of stocks (way more than she should get for 25% OD Duration at <35% life) so its most lilely a change for overdrive duration at various levels rather than a straight up nerf? Not really sure though.

Before everyone panics, shes generally considered to be one of the stronger characters in this version.