LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Something like standing hit 5AAA > B coup > 2A > 2B > C bufu > etc.?

Ah yes I was somewhat confused by this. If that's true then Mitsuru is even better.

i wonder if midscreen autocombo into tentarafoo works? might be able to lay a mirror on them for oki too

Something like standing hit 5AAA > B coup > 2A > 2B > C bufu > etc.?

In this case, it happened to be an aerial hit, but I saw 5AAA > B Coup work on a standing opponent... so I think it should work?

In this case, it happened to be an aerial hit, but I saw 5AAA > B Coup work on a standing opponent... so I think it should work?

most likely it wont work on standing. air hit 5AAA > B coup > 2A > 2B > etc, works in 1.0 because there's extra hitstun when B coup hits air opponents (the hangtime before they start sliding on the ground + the sliding) which allows 2A to barely pick up. Regardless, it's fucking amazing to hear that 5AAA > B coup works. This made my day.

Wakabo posted this about Mitsuru on his twitter (YMST retweeted) I have no idea what it says since my jap kinda sucks lol if anyone has any idea please translate. thx.

とりあえずu2新バージョンになって古来からの美鶴使いを語る人達には頑張って(コンボ伸ばすなりキャラ対するなりして楽させて)欲しい

EDIT: Ok apparently it's just something along the lines of "I want everyone who's gonna play Mitsuru to work hard, she has long combos now" 

most likely it wont work on standing. air hit 5AAA > B coup > 2A > 2B > etc, works in 1.0 because there's extra hitstun when B coup hits air opponents (the hangtime before they start sliding on the ground + the sliding) which allows 2A to barely pick up. Regardless, it's fucking amazing to hear that 5AAA > B coup works. This made my day.

I wondered about that. Either way, they definitely seemedto have buffed her quite a bit in this patch. Don't forget that they messed with her B coup recovery a bit too... So that combo might actually work on standing opponents. Overall B coup seemed a lot better than before.

I wondered about that. Either way, they definitely seemedto have buffed her quite a bit in this patch. Don't forget that they messed with her B coup recovery a bit too... So that combo might actually work on standing opponents. Overall B coup seemed a lot better than before.

According to the change list, they only messed with the recovery of charged B coup droit. Uncharged had it's start-up decreased and untech time lowered. Though, since the start-up is faster, the breakpoints for the charged B coup droit are probably different, so maybe she can charge it slightly to get increased damage and better recovery.

According to the change list, they only messed with the recovery of charged B coup droit. Uncharged had it's start-up decreased and untech time lowered. Though, since the start-up is faster, the breakpoints for the charged B coup droit are probably different, so maybe she can charge it slightly to get increased damage and better recovery.

That's exactly why I mentioned it. We'll need more footage to really know for sure.

From the 3on3 video:

- Throw > SB droit works midscreen

- CH dp > bufudyne > tentarafoo works midscreen, I guess we got out new corner ender after bufu as well?

From the 3on3 video:

- Throw > SB droit works midscreen

- CH dp > bufudyne > tentarafoo works midscreen, I guess we got out new corner ender after bufu as well?

Does it cause knockdown or do they tech in the air?

I couldn't find any such video. I've been looking my ass of for Mitsuru footage too, but nothing so far.

uh which one do you mean? iirc SB droit knocked down and tentarafoo had the same effect as usual.

Here's the archive http://www.twitch.tv/central804/b/612215263

The Tentarafoo after bufudyne causes the opponent to air tech. Not so good.

Also I see what they mean by longer combos. It seems Mitsuru's midscreen combos will now use bufula C and D.

Just an example: CH j.C > 5 > 2 > 2DD > 4 > sweep > bufula C > 5 > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B

FC 5B > sweep > droit B > 2A > 5C[15] > 5 > 2 > 2D > 5 > sweep > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B

2 > 2DD > 4 > sweep > Tentarafoo C > mabufudyne > 5 > sweep > droit A > C hits > Myriad Arrows B > C hits > kick > C hits > Myriad Arrows B > D  hits > kick

corner throw > 5AA > 2 > 2D > 5 > sweep > bufula C > 5 > AoA~D > bufula C > Tentarafoo C > mabufudyne > Myriad Arrows > kick stuff

I can't see the damage, quality isn't that good. Seems she can do Tentarafoo into mabufudyne now. You have to cancel Tentarafoo's first hit so that the opponent stays in ice on the ground. Oh yeah, even though I can't see the damage numbers, it does look like her midscreen combos were approaching 4k (off air confirm). Her FC was close to 5k. The mabufudyne combos were over 7k, including the throw version.

Misc stuff. The recovery on Droit through bufula is insanely fast, probably close to 10f. Her bufula recovery is also pretty fast. Looks tougher to punish imo.

New 2.0 Mitsuru stuff for all you thirsty fiends myself included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG2BkGkL8q0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkJa1rgAtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYOBLgOkOyY

In the 2nd video vs Minazuki you can see 5AAA B droit works vs aerial opps.

In the corner you can do 2D > B droit then 2B > C Bufu (was this a thing before???)

EDIT: I haven't seen 5AAA B droit on standing opponents, is the dream dead? (I guess most people don't know yet)

Nice find!!! so 5AAA > B droit does work after all I wonder if it's an upclose thing or you can do it at any range.

I also really like that ender with charm + panic, sounds like a pain to deal with (for the opp  :toot: )

So you can convert off a standing hit with B Coup > SB Coup > corner combo. Nice!

I think you can simulate the new droit startup by turning on always fatal in the current version, seems like it will only hit from autocombo from moderately close ranges. This is still good because the biggest problem with using A droit at close ranges is that you aren't really at enough advantage to stop a 5f 5a mash, using b droit means you don't have to worry about it.

Trying to get back in this game again, haven't really played much since P4A and have a couple questions right now:

- What's the optimal confirm now for (corner) CH 5C? I've been practicing this:

5C(15) > (optional DC) > Sweep > SB Droit > [2B] > [4B] > Sweep > B Droit > 2A > 2B > C Mirror > [4B] > B Droit [4543]

But it doesn't seem to work on Sho (and possibly other characters?). Is there anything w/ similar damage that's more consistent?

- Who should I be looking at for Mitsuru match footage? Been having trouble finding anything newer than ~8 months old. A lot of the P4A players I used to watch for don't seem to use her anymore, and some that have picked her up only seem to use Shadow Mitsuru. Is there somewhat recent footage of any reg. Mitsuru monsters I should be looking out for?

- What's the optimal confirm now for (corner) CH 5C? I've been practicing this:

5C(15) > (optional DC) > Sweep > SB Droit > [2B] > [4B] > Sweep > B Droit > 2A > 2B > C Mirror > [4B] > B Droit [4543]

Try CH 5C(15) > 6 > sweep > B Droit > 2A >  2B > 2D > 5 > sweep > B droit. Does about 4.2k and doesn't require meter.

Just look for match videos with Yamashita in them. They may be old, but the tech is still relevant until 2.0.