Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Uruwashii & Tsuioko sound Japanese to me. =/

Are you saying a man from Austria can't speak French?

Is buffering activation on raise the roof loops worth it?

We need to find a portion to explain easy links with button buffering. Especially with all of those 3C pick-ups. =D

Well obviously those need translations, but the rest of them (like 'Vivace', and 'Cantabile') don't need changing =O

And um... well, do they speak French in Austria? *shrug* The last thing I need is English voiceovers with accents. I don't think I could stand to play as Litchi with a thick Chinese accent. :vbang:

Microsoft Word Find/Replace ftw.

I want my English voice overs to have respectable accents. lol

Well obviously those need translations, but the rest of them (like 'Vivace', and 'Cantabile') don't need changing =O

And um... well, do they speak French in Austria? *shrug* The last thing I need is English voiceovers with accents. I don't think I could stand to play as Litchi with a thick Chinese accent. :vbang:

You're in luck. Litchi yells Chinese with a thin California accent. :8/:

P.S.: US version :CA: quote ftw, 63214C = "Let me hear you sing!!!"

Dio probably hangs around really tough competition. No disrespect to the other Carl players. They're more than likely just as good as Dio if not better.

Well we have another Carl player qualify for SBO. His name is Kyaku.

Fuck Yeah!

I'd say Dio just get's more vids released b/c of the places he hangs out. I doubt he is THE ONE AND ONLY. Hence there are other amazing players we have yet to see. =P

GAWD i need to work on positioning the damn doll; I do, Summon, 3C, IAD, J.2C< Alle~can, 2C, and that bitch is all WAY to close to me.

Dio probably hangs around really tough competition. No disrespect to the other Carl players. They're more than likely just as good as Dio if not better.

except that it is DIO that gets mentioned everywhere, including japan :v:

But my guess is that DIO is mentioned because he stuck with Carl through the "Carl is absolute low tier and a piece of shit" era lol. Him and Mecha-sue? (forgot his name). All the new Carl players i've been seeing i've never seen during early BB times, so i pay my respects for DIO.

Kyle: What do you mean Nirvana is too close to you? Thats a good thing if you want to pull the throw loop lol. If shes behind you thats another story (it means you summoned too late).

Too close = 2C Hits, 8D misses. =( Gotta walk that girl backwards some.

oh that is pretty close lol. You moving her that close? I think an earlier summon puts her further away than a late summon.

Against Tager:

If you predict a buster, Carl can dash at Tager. Mega laughs. Carl is technically aeriel during this dash, can't be thrown... = free CounterHit of choice. =D

wait can carl attack during his dash? What if tager holds his throw first? Doesn't carl have recovery at the end of his dash?

wait can carl attack during his dash? What if tager holds his throw first? Doesn't carl have recovery at the end of his dash?

Carl can only cancel into specials during his dash.

Holding A for 360A makes the throw happen later, holding B makes active frames longer.

And theres recovery after Carl's dash.

So in summary.

You're dead :vbang:

Hard to pull off in a real match of course, in theory yes.

But then again, why are you even near Tager? And if you are, why isn't he in the air getting throw and clapped to death? :yaaay: Eat that tager! 70% life 720 doesnt save you from 100% combos!

Too close = 2C Hits, 8D misses. =( Gotta walk that girl backwards some.

22D, 3C, 766, j.2[C]14... Sets back Carl a bit more to keep the Nirvana distance. Done right, Nirvana pops up on the ground behind Carl right before the AD for that greater distance, while still being low enough to the ground for the Allecan.

I think it all depends on distance.

At farther distances when 3c hits (2a 2b 3c), 766 won't do the crossup required for the loop. If you do 3c right in front of them, it'll probably work.

I don't know, i always just do 96 and it always works as long as i time the summon right.

Dashing against Tager works guys. Especially after a sledge set-up.

How come when I try:

AirThrow, 22D, land, 2C, 236A, 2C, 8D loop

The 2nd 2C will whiff a lot. Why is that? Is the combo character specific? Or does the 1st 2C have to be done late? Any tips?

How come when I try:

AirThrow, 22D, land, 2C, 236A, 2C, 8D loop

The 2nd 2C will whiff a lot. Why is that? Is the combo character specific? Or does the 1st 2C have to be done late? Any tips?

First 2C kinda late (best to be as close to OTG as possible), second 2C rather early. Doesn't seem to work on AR for me. :shrug: