Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoogstin

[CT-CS1] Carl vs. v-13/Lambda#11

I've only played spammy Nus...But I beat them (oh, and I almost beat an unlimited Nu). Is this a hard match-up, or is Rachel the only one who still rapes Carl?

Umm...

Carl has the slight advantage v Nu, I think.

Rachel isn't Nu, so I'm confused with your question.

Rachel apparently the only one who rapes Carl (the match-up is 70:30, I think). HARD. I wanted to know if this was a hard fight, like Rachel Vs. Carl...Sorry if I wasn't clear.:gonk:

EDIT: vs. Nu, I think it's 45:55...But 50:50 sounds right (talking from experience)...

Oh, alrighty. Latest stuff outta Japan says Carl has this match in his favour. He has a few ways to get in on her, and she can't escape the loop. Also, the loop on her is retardedly easy. I need to play a good Rachel, but when I went to their boards, my thread was locked instantly and I was told to go to online discussion. Pretty weak stuff. Oh well. Jin is kinda tricky to fight against. Kune can rape Carl, but the same thing can happen to Kune. Just depends on who gets their stuff going first.

Oh, alrighty.

Latest stuff outta Japan says Carl has this match in his favour. He has a few ways to get in on her, and she can't escape the loop. Also, the loop on her is retardedly easy.

I need to play a good Rachel, but when I went to their boards, my thread was locked instantly and I was told to go to online discussion. Pretty weak stuff. Oh well.

Jin is kinda tricky to fight against. Kune can rape Carl, but the same thing can happen to Kune. Just depends on who gets their stuff going first.

So it should be 45:55 or 40:60 for Carl vs. V-13, right? Could you send me a link for those videos, please?

I fought a couple of good Rachels. So many traps...:gonk:

Fumo vs. Kyaku proved that...

Erm... I dunno how you're reading it. 6:4, Carl's favour. There are no videos saying it, just look around for the most recent JP chart thingy. The last couple Fumo v Kyaku matches made it look like the match-up is only in Kune's favour when he does EXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME camping. Otherwise, Carl's pressure/rushdown seemed to raaaaaaaape. But that's Kyaku. He's pretty good.

Alright seeing as my first match in the 3x3 tournament is with Nu, I have come in search of tips. I've been practicing a bit against Pisces Albafica, but I keep getting shut down. Whats a good way to approach Nu when she's playing keep away? I've been mixing up 236B and IAD Kara. Otherwise I'll just stay back and do 41236]D[, or if Ada is close enough I try and get a counter hit with 6]D[. Thanks!

To simply sum up what you should do - Make her whiff. Jump/SJ/rolls/IAD kara.... and patience because you'll need to pick your moments. And then most importantly don't drop. Edit: Though I guess you already know that it shouldn't be hard.

SJ>Double-jump is my single favourite way to approach Nu. If she makes you block in the air, no worries. Just keep it up. The trick to it is getting the exact spacing with the SJ that allows you to do the IAD kara to go between all of her options, landing you right in front of Nu with her scurred shitless. After that, mix-up into Nirvana summon sandwich, and it's GGs. A vivace A every now and again is nice, too. I don't use B much against Nu, cuz it lags and she gets a fatass combo offa CH. Be patient. All it takes is one small mistake (two if you aren't good at baiting bursts) and you win.

SJ>Double-jump is my single favourite way to approach Nu. If she makes you block in the air, no worries. Just keep it up. The trick to it is getting the exact spacing with the SJ that allows you to do the IAD kara to go between all of her options, landing you right in front of Nu with her scurred shitless.

After that, mix-up into Nirvana summon sandwich, and it's GGs.

A vivace A every now and again is nice, too. I don't use B much against Nu, cuz it lags and she gets a fatass combo offa CH.

Be patient. All it takes is one small mistake (two if you aren't good at baiting bursts) and you win.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind!

I find lots of success with 8-Jump, Late airdash.

You have to have more patience than your opponent. You will probably lose a 1/6 of your life with Chipp DMG alone. GUARD A LOT!

If you know you will be GuardCrushed, make sure your air borne so you take less DMG. =P

I personally found being overly defensive an easy way to force my opponent to throw teh sword I want = Whiff = HUGE PUNISH.

After you guard a few of their attack strings, you should be able to manipulate her.

DON'T RUSH! Approach smart when you see/predict her swords whiffing.

All her swords (Most all???) do chip DMG and can kill. Example: Gold burst , Huge combo, you live with 1-HP left. She will sword for the chip Kill.

You have to Vivace & Luck-super at this point. =/

Alright well I lost my match:gonk:

Unfortunately it was mostly due to my own lack of technical ability rather than flawed strategy that landed me in the losers spot.

Zoogs I don't expect you will have too much trouble with Sage of Rave. The Super Jump would get me in fairly well, I hardly used Vivace. In the second match I was able to get him in the corner fairly easily, just double jump and block like you guys said.

Edit:

Here's the vid, courtesy of Skye.

Edit:

Had the wrong vid URL, sorry about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTP_ocoqdYs

Carl vs Lambda#11:

Standing: 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

You can reset a sandwiched Lambda with 5B 6B j.B > j.C+3D; she can't backdash or DP out, so it's much stronger on her than on the other characters.

If she crouches, force standing: j.C+3D > 5B > 2B > 6B > 6D > 6C > 5B > 6B > j.B > reset

Hey Isu, off the top of your head:

Do you know if j.B j.A j.B cross up reset works on her?

I can try later I guess, just bleh.