Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I wasn't to sure were to post this but I was wondering, what makes lamba vs Bang a 3.5- 6.5 in Bangs favour why and what does he do that dominates her. Also is there anything or any general tactic that a lambda should have when going into this match.

I'd make a character match-up thread for thi but didn't know if one already existed. :)

I wasn't to sure were to post this but I was wondering, what makes lamba vs Bang a 3.5- 6.5 in Bangs favour why and what does he do that dominates her. Also is there anything or any general tactic that a lambda should have when going into this match.

I'd make a character match-up thread for thi but didn't know if one already existed. :)

Bang has the ungodly 6a. A beastly rushdown. Increased pokes and damage buffers on his moves in general. Nu vs Bang in CT was already one of his best matchups, and with the nerfs Nu received and the major buffs Bang got, the match is just completely one-sided most of the time. The biggest problem you are going to run into is his rushdown and close-range game. There isn't much Lambda can do from there so she has to play keepaway. Which is almost impossible against a good Bang player.

It's 5A, not 6A. His 6A is nowhere near being beastly. :lol:

5A, 2A, 5B and nails pretty much means that if he got in, it's pretty close to over. His mobility in the air and nails make it really hard to zone him, and he can pretty much neuter 214D pressure with 2D~C if you don't space it correctly.

Still not stupid impossible, honestly. Just very very hard.

If and when you get a hold of the game, practice blocking him on Score Attack mode.

It may seem like hell in the beginning and it might get predictable in the end, but remember that's what to expect from a below average Bang player mixup.

If and when you get a hold of the game, practice blocking him on Score Attack mode.

It may seem like hell in the beginning and it might get predictable in the end, but remember that's what to expect from a below average Bang player mixup.

If you want to be somewhat competitive: never practice against the computer. Ever.

You have netplay for matchup experience.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Regardless prepare for an uphill battle. At least against decent/competent Bang players. You will find a lot of people doing the same shit over and over again with their Bangs just because they jumped on the bandwagon and have absolutely no clue how to play him.

What about his guard points? Poking seems to be pretty unsafe since he can just guard point and teleport next to you into knockdown if he reads it since drive recovery is kinda slow now.

If you want to be somewhat competitive: never practice against the computer. Ever.

I mean to use it as a gateway into understanding where blockstrings will lead and the usual reaction time that comes with it.

Besides, I doubt many people will play him online over what I expect to see: Ragnas and Jins. People will probably start out as Bang, but soon realize that the hurdle of learning to jump install 623B and the necessity of the different wakeup tools 2A/6A/2B are too great for them, especially in possible lag.

Scrubs don't choose tiers, they choose character difficulty.

Practicing score attack (esp hell difficulty) will familiarize you with anyone's overheads. They do the exact opposite of what you're doing, and you can react.

It does help.

To use competitive and netplay in the same thought, doesn't make much sense either. :X

wtf ? Bang doesn't need to use his old bnb anymore, since now he has much better options.

Doesn't he need to JI in order to put 623B in a few of his combos? Or do you mean the BnB that leads to an air finish w/o 623B?

Perhaps this discussion would be better suited by making a Lambda vs Bang thread in the matchup section no?

Doesn't he need to JI in order to put 623B in a few of his combos? Or do you mean the BnB that leads to an air finish w/o 623B?

The later I believe. Not 100% sure.

I don't think there should be a CS Bang matchup because all it would say is "Keep running away, learn to block all of his mixup/crossups (and teleports), watch out for D counters, and cry when in a corner."

Frame data for 2C in CT/CS respectively:

Start-up: 9 ; 14

Frame +/-: -6 ; -9

I was wondering about the practicality of 2C in block-strings, jump cancelling into 2147D~C, then air-dashing forward/back for more mix-up. Or landing after 2147D~C into 2B > 6B > 2C > IAD backwards.

Is it simply too risky? I'd like to think it would work once in a while. Also, in a block-string, is 6A a good alternative?

Example:

Pulsr vs. Xie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnL5u_jR1A

I don't think there should be a CS Bang matchup because all it would say is "Keep running away, learn to block all of his mixup/crossups (and teleports), watch out for D counters, and cry when in a corner."

You shouldn't let a bad match up get to you, and it's not like it's unwinnable.

Tons of other characters and players had to go through much worse than Lambda vs Bang.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I'm sorry Mod's and players for trying to bring insight and knowledge to this forum.

I will never again try to help the community by posting opinions/knowledge by using my common sense and experience.

I now know why all my posts are either ignored or spat upon: you obviously all know what you're doing already.

Once again, my deepest apologies.

I'm sorry Mod's and players for trying to bring insight and knowledge to this forum.

I will never again try to help the community by posting opinions/knowledge by using my common sense and experience.

I now know why all my posts are either ignored or spat upon: you obviously all know what you're doing already.

Once again, my deepest apologies.

Lol, I was actually surprise myself... maybe it was some kind of joke? But CPU matches are a terrible idea especially in BB because the comp are able to read your input and counter with something 100% of the time which leads to a lost of mind games vs human players.

At least in GG the AI is a bit more dynamic.

If you ever use act C no matter how random it is you will also be srk ectera or poked out...

With regards to bang it will be a competency test.... The lambda players ability to block and out zone bang vs how decent the bang play is. So in essential, don’t be predictable. One of the defence option is jump barrier.. Which you see utilised in Japanese matches it somewhat counters overheads and command throws.

but with regards to this it is better to move discussion to the lambda vs bang sub thread.

Thanks for the help with the match-up guys, in all honesty there is so many questions I have to ask, i don't think that a Bang match-up thread is pointless there maybe more things lambda can do against him that were just not thinking about.

As I live in the UK I had to pre-order a copy so I should give it a spin next week sometime hopefully. as I remember the match-up is a 3.5-6.5 in Bangs favour but thats hardly terrible when other games have 8-2 lol. Anyways i'll save it for the Match-up thread.

As for practicing on Cpu i don't think that theres a problem with it for beginners however I don't see it doing much good for vetern players as the cpu will most likely play completely different to a human player, however to get to grips with the game and the characters then I guess it's helpful.

Frame data for 2C in CT/CS respectively:

Start-up: 9 ; 14

Frame +/-: -6 ; -9

I was wondering about the practicality of 2C in block-strings, jump cancelling into 2147D~C, then air-dashing forward/back for more mix-up. Or landing after 2147D~C into 2B > 6B > 2C > IAD backwards.

Is it simply too risky? I'd like to think it would work once in a while. Also, in a block-string, is 6A a good alternative?

I was about to write up a long post about her mixup options after using a jump-cancellable normal but I decided against it since I might get banned again.

I'll answer your question with a general statement: most mixup is risky.

Throws can be hit/backdashed/jumped (or teched... but that isn't really 'risky').

Overheads can be unsafe/hit.

Slow mixup can be jumped/backdashed/hit out of or punished on wiff.

Sucessful mixup (to get mixup to hit that is) relies on your opponents knowledge and reaction time, neither of which you can control. Maybe you could argue the latter, but that's off-topic.

With that being said: yes, her mixups are almost always risky.

With that being said: yes, her mixups are almost always risky.

Which somewhat makes me mad after how spoiled we were with Nu, but thems the brakes I guess. To me, like you said, since her mix-ups are so risky it almost makes her entire game nothing but zoning (which Nu had to do as well) and crescent cancels/loops. I like Lambda, I really do, but her game now is much more boring compared to Nu. My opinion at least, your mileage may vary.

I like Lambda, I really do, but her game now is much more boring compared to Nu. My opinion at least, your mileage may vary.

I don't agree at all I think lambda is actually very interesting and her combo's and general game is better imho, Nu players for some reason just make her look so boring including myself at times and it's not their fault, her standard combo's and game is just that good.

Lambda at least has to work for things and Act parser is a million times better for her then pulsar I just believe they need to make the speed of her 2C back to how it was in CT and keep the recovery the same. Also is her Act Parser A/C punishable on block?