Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbat [Season 6: 6/5/2010]

Even though I was just spectating, I still had a shitload of fun since someone decided to bring Shaq Fu! That seriously made my whole night! And I promise I'll enter next month and I'll being water again and as an added bonus(please don't kill me...) I'll bring my Wii with Brawl and TvC for anyone who wants to have "candy matches" or casuals. Only got my pad though so if you wanna play, bring your's too. I wanna see how the TvC crowd is here...Hope I can find some good competition since WiFi sucks nuts. Good shit today and someone had better give Tao a fucking present and an award for running that thing today. He was being run ragged but he still made it all work. That deserves recognition and praise!

I am OH-SO-SORRY about that ping pong table. D: But...IT STILL WORKS! :3

Yeah well they still want me to fix it. .-. bunch of bullshit... It still works. Its not like its FUBAR, they made it sound like it was, Imma be even more pissed if they say I gotta pay for it.

That really sucks. I'll go to Fremont on one of my off days to talk with the crew; but to be honest, the ping pong table was already dead. D:

Good shit guys. Lots of hype matches. We definitely gotta do that 2v2 again. No more KFC qwerty, holy fuck. I was so tired I came home and passed out hardcore, my eyes hurt I slept so hard lol.

First off... Taoftw, THANK YOU FOR THROWING THIS. Tourney was mad hype! I can't even put in words how happy I am to see that GGAC and MBAA, two games that I thought had mostly died off or lacked a solid scene in norcal have such a strong turnout. GGs people I played, both tourney and in casuals. Had a lot of fun with all the people I met and kicked it with as well. I wanted to hang out and go get food after it was all said and done with you guys, but after the past three days of sessions in various spots, I'm mentally and physically exhausted. Thanks to the guys who brought in the pizza, most delicious dominos I've ever had lol. Gave me enough energy to make it back home safely. I'm most definitely going to be sticking around and coming out to more stuff now that I know that the norcal scene is out there, and pretty strong as well. I'll be sure to try and bring people with me next time, and I'm also willing to provide rides for people along the way who need it, specifically the Berkeley folks who were asking me about it. See you guys next month! (and for those who're like 'who the hell i dont even know this guy', im the tall guy with the Miku stick~)

Good shit for running the tourny Tao. Next time I'm going to try harder not to be so scrub. Gotta go grind them combo's. Good shit for everyone coming out and showing support for both communities.

I REALLY wanted to play MBAA, even though I know nothing about the game besides Arima Miyako and Aono Aozaki awesome characters and I wanted to learn them if I get into it.

They're out on the Nor Cal Install stream archives. As much as I would like to host the next ranbat, it's crunch time at work. So I, unfortunately, cannot host for the next tourney. Therefore, I will pass the all tournament hosting prep to Dakanya, Qwerty, Tsubasa PhaethonH, and Tenkai. The best I can do is find a venue for you all. Edit: Based on this last turnout, I believe Nor Cal has come out of it's death bed and kicking n' screaming. Therefore, we shall rename ourselves, "NORCAL INSTALL~~~~!"

Good games to everyone sorry to myself for throwing up sorry to everyone else for shitty play not sorry to aj though, imma get you when my stomach can stomach stuff. yes. ty to taoftw for doing so much work lol@taoftw for getting the wrong match going 2 or 3 times, then handing me $21 and saying winner takes all after the team tourney, and making me be honest and say, "I didn't win..." (AJ SHOULD BE THANKFUL I'M NO (LONGER A) THIEF) ty to digi watches and chris for repping that portland, go go axl and neko arc chaos...GET THAT DEER LOCKDOWN! ty to aj for recording stuffs, we got some funny footage but need more good play :o ty to tenkai for another good match, next time kill aj and ernest pls ;o ty to orion who let me recover from my sick stomach with ALL THAT H20, you're a lifesaver! ty to everyone else that came out and made the event happen, i met some cool peeps that I want to play more next time (GGJ, Tone, etc...)

i dont get how rod threw up and i didnt unless he was stealing my 10 piece bucket while i wasn't looking...

OH NO. Good games, y'all Special thanks to Tao for hosting the tourney Special thanks to Rod for hosting the sleep Special thanks to Magz for making me salty enough to win. Scott: Cry more, lawl.

Time to start planning for the next Norcal Install? The current problem is that the first Saturday of April collides with WCW in Socal but we aren't running any games they're running, just that some of Norcal might go down for it. If people aren't planning to go to WCW, then we don't have to consider rescheduling. Also we need a venue for April and right now [EDIT] we don't have one.

Qwerty, stop failing combos while singing Spaceboy. :(

sorry man, next time for sure though. hopefully when my throat isn't all torn up and my sinuses aren't about to fucking explode.

though not to get anyone too excited, i have some combos being worked on in the lab right now that should be good to go in time for next month....

I REALLY wanted to play MBAA, even though I know nothing about the game besides Arima Miyako and Aono Aozaki awesome characters and I wanted to learn them if I get into it.

You should main Neco Arc, we can set up a 2v2 tourney and beam everyone to death.

Hype as hell tourney though guys, gonna have to come down again in a few months if I can scrub together the money. Nice to see MBAA getting attention too.

I had a great time. I learned a lot because my lack of match-up experience. People were helpful teaching me how to get around character specific things. Thanks everyone for coming here to Devry/Taylor Hall, looking forward for the next gathering.