Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RinHara5aki

REVELATIONS 2011 - $5k CS2, $1k AH3 pot! June 10-12th, LAX! CS1, GGAC side tourney!

I prefer CS2. Time to move on IMO. CS1 is already stale, and a month to practice for CS2 is actually enough time because in the end, it's still Blazblue. :kitty:

its not even going to be a month

Well as a person who was in VERY similar situation back in EvoWest07 (which kept Slash while Accent Core was out for a week), It's better to move onto the newest version as Slash was pretty foreign even after 1 week of Accent Core muscle memory. (I placed 2nd btw)

If you do make the jump to CS2 right when it comes out, then you'll be more familiar with CS2 than CS1 by the time Revelations comes about, unless of course you purposely stick to CS1 practice. Which only people who would do that are in it for the prize and that is a small majority. It's better for the tournament numbers to switch to newer as well.

Anyway, that is my experience from a very similar situation.

I'll contact TL, and see what the JP players themselves think.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

Hate to say this, BUT OF-FUCKIN'-COURSE THERE GONNA THINK CS2 WOULD BE FOR THE BEST?! ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME, IS THIS SOME KIND OF TROLL POST?! IF IT IS, I GOTTA GIVE YOU A GODDAMN 20 OUT OF 10 FOR MAKING ME TYPE ALL CAPS!!

If you're talking about something else, then oops! Continue along :)

But yeah, I have so say, this would make for an interesting debate...

Gonna be free for Japan anyways, so I don't see the point of bringing that up as part of the debate.

I'm not really sure why people are concerned of the level of play. Yes, CS1 play would likely be higher as people have been playing it longer, but three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt to the CS2 changes. Like Purrin said, the Guilty Gear community had to go through something similar in Evo 2007. The community was left to decide between playing Slash or Accent Core at Evo. IIRC, we had about a month to adapt from Slash to Accent Core. Ultimately, the community came to an agreement to play Accent Core instead of Slash. We agreed a month was enough time to get our bearings on the new version of the game.

While the situation here is a bit less than a month, I feel that three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt.

Gonna be free for Japan anyways, so I don't see the point of bringing that up as part of the debate.

I'm not really sure why people are concerned of the level of play. Yes, CS1 play would likely be higher as people have been playing it longer, but three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt to the CS2 changes. Like Purrin said, the Guilty Gear community had to go through something similar in Evo 2007. The community was left to decide between playing Slash or Accent Core at Evo. IIRC, we had about a month to adapt from Slash to Accent Core. Ultimately, the community came to an agreement to play Accent Core instead of Slash. We agreed a month was enough time to get our bearings on the new version of the game.

While the situation here is a bit less than a month, I feel that three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt.

While trying to stay true to the source, I can understand what exactly was implied here.

Can't tell if trolling or just very, very stupid.

But then again, awful players tend to be full of themselves because they feel they are a big part of the community for some... random reason. How such a behavior occurs is beyond me.

but three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt to the CS2 changes

I have to agree on this statement, granted, if we we're located on another planet and we we're not human begins. Yes, this statement would be correct.

Seeing as how we live on the planet earth and I do hope the posters here are human (are aliens trying to invade this forum?!?!? ROBOTS ARE THE FUTURE), this statement is false. To be able to learn all the match-ups and to adapt new knowledge of the game in a matter of 3 weeks is just not possible.

Truth of the matter will be, with CS1 it's anyone's game.

For those who've been keeping up with the scene, and are not posting ignorant post such as the one quoted here (this isn't an insult if it's true to the facts), results will say otherwise. Final Round?

Of course, these ignorant people will always be in disbelief even with the facts in front of them because they refuse to learn and know better. But why should we care what they say? Let's just hope they don't have any big feed back on any type of important decisions here on this discussion.

With CS2 involved, for America players to dedicate themselves for 3 weeks worth of practice and having almost no break will be one hell of a challenge. However, even then it won't be enough time to get every thing straight and worked out for the most part.

Even if Japan was absent from this event, no doubt in my mind the results will be random regardless who wins. The top 3 will change within' 2 months period, and the game won't get the top players stable into a good 3 months in the game.

But CS1 and CS2 are basically the same game

Playing it at first can lead you to believe that.

However, if people are always stating such things like "We can't just simply post a change list in one post, it will be far to big!" then obviously that statement is incorrect.

What I would like to see is maybe a poll of some kind voting which game they believe they wish to see at the event.

Depending on what they vote for, they should also express some sort of feed back on why they believe that game should be in it. At the same time, people should not justify why they present that specific piece of info as there argument (ie, saying Japan will be ahead, while the counter argument is "whatever! japan will win anyways durp durp im retarded japan wins everything!!" isn't considered a good counter argument in anyway).

I for one, vote CS2.

Yes, I know I listed a lot of down sides on why CS2 should NOT be on the event. However, it feels best that CS2 should be hosted due to small things like advertisement, and to hopefully spark players back into the Blaz scene. There are many other reasons to present, however I will stand by and say that CS2 would be the wises choices (this is going on and compare to the history of what Guilty Gear had to do deal with in the past for Evo, as explained in the post I quoted above).

the jp player that wants to come would much prefer cs1 to cs2

also, japan would have a significantly larger advantage in cs1 than cs2

What would be the biggest obstacles that would have to be overcome with only 1 month to train? I know that's a petty general question, and it probably differs from character to character, but I'm curious.

i like be complete when i prepare for majors

tbh, do you want to be "adapted" for a 5k tourney, or completely prepared?

to make a long story short, theres a story of someone who switched chars for a major tourney at the "last minute". . . that was 5 months before the tourney

regardless ill be there whether its cs1 or cs2

I heard that the one Japanese player who is serious about coming to US want to play CS1.

I'd say play CS2. I agree with that idea 3 weeks will be barely enough to set our new combos down like other people say.

But the hardest part, exploring is already done by Japanese players. We just need to put it together.

We should believe in ourselves that we can pull out the great matches even with the new games.

And who wants to see CS1 now days anyways? I don't really know about other places, but in socal, Blazblue is quite dead.

Only players who play CS1 is people who wants that 5K.

Touney is not about the money, it's about the hype. that money is just to call the bigger hype.

Playing CS2 will bring more people and more attract. like I am.

I heard that the one Japanese player who is serious about coming to US want to play CS1.

I'd say play CS2. I agree with that idea 3 weeks will be barely enough to set our new combos down like other people say.

But the hardest part, exploring is already done by Japanese players. We just need to put it together.

We should believe in ourselves that we can pull out the great matches even with the new games.

And who wants to see CS1 now days anyways? I don't really know about other places, but in socal, Blazblue is quite dead.

Only players who play CS1 is people who wants that 5K.

Touney is not about the money, it's about the hype. that money is just to call the bigger hype.

Playing CS2 will bring more people and more attract. like I am.

this, more or less

see everyone there

Count me as a vote for cs2. I'd be more willing to make the trip from texas if it was the version i was gonna practice intensely as soon as it's out o_o

While trying to stay true to the source, I can understand what exactly was implied here.

Can't tell if trolling or just very, very stupid.

But then again, awful players tend to be full of themselves because they feel they are a big part of the community for some... random reason. How such a behavior occurs is beyond me.

Not trolling, but why you're getting so angry about it is beyond me. Regardless of whether it's free for Japan or not should not factor into why CS1 should be in over CS2. Japan vs US is irrelevant. It's about the tournament, staying current, evolving the community, and creating hype.

but three weeks should be enough time for players to adapt to the CS2 changes

I have to agree on this statement, granted, if we we're located on another planet and we we're not human begins. Yes, this statement would be correct.

Seeing as how we live on the planet earth and I do hope the posters here are human (are aliens trying to invade this forum?!?!? ROBOTS ARE THE FUTURE), this statement is false. To be able to learn all the match-ups and to adapt new knowledge of the game in a matter of 3 weeks is just not possible.

The Guilty Gear community faced the same problem years ago with Evo and came out fine for that year's Evo. If the GG community did it, why can't the BB community do it? The changes from Slash to Accent Core are arguably much bigger than the changes from CS1 to CS2, and the community had no qualms in changing and adapting in about a months time. Is everyone from the GG community actually a robot?

Of course not. Yes, we are talking about two different communities here, but I don't see how two similar communities cannot make similar decisions.

Truth of the matter will be, with CS1 it's anyone's game.

For those who've been keeping up with the scene, and are not posting ignorant post such as the one quoted here (this isn't an insult if it's true to the facts), results will say otherwise. Final Round?

Of course, these ignorant people will always be in disbelief even with the facts in front of them because they refuse to learn and know better. But why should we care what they say? Let's just hope they don't have any big feed back on any type of important decisions here on this discussion.

I'm not sure what FR's results have anything to do with this, especially considering most of the players that placed there will likely not attend a WC tournament. I'm not sure what this paragraph even means.

With CS2 involved, for America players to dedicate themselves for 3 weeks worth of practice and having almost no break will be one hell of a challenge. However, even then it won't be enough time to get every thing straight and worked out for the most part.

Even if Japan was absent from this event, no doubt in my mind the results will be random regardless who wins. The top 3 will change within' 2 months period, and the game won't get the top players stable into a good 3 months in the game.

This may be true, but why does that matter? Why does it matter what the results are? It's not like Timmy the Casual is going to randomly take 1st place by mashing buttons and doing random supers. The good players are still going to play and win. It's very unlikely that some random person is going to place top 3 and then we're never going to hear from them ever again.

You say top players (I'll just say the community in this case) won't be able to learn how to play CS2 until a full three months after the game is out? I'm not really sure why they wouldn't be able to within the first month. Again, the GG community in the past was very adament about playing the newest version of the game if there was only a month's time to learn before Evo. I don't see how the BB community cannot do the same, if not better. Guess we shouldn't have CS2 at Evo either, just so we can see awful numbers and have BB thrown out of the rotation next year because no one cared about showing up for a CS1 tournament. A CS2 side tournament would probably pull more numbers, but that's beside the point.

But CS1 and CS2 are basically the same game

Playing it at first can lead you to believe that.

However, if people are always stating such things like "We can't just simply post a change list in one post, it will be far to big!" then obviously that statement is incorrect.

Again, Slash to AC changes in GG were much more drastic, but the community did fine transitioning from one game to the next. The changes from CT to CS were more drastic than the changes from CS1 to CS2.

What I would like to see is maybe a poll of some kind voting which game they believe they wish to see at the event.

Depending on what they vote for, they should also express some sort of feed back on why they believe that game should be in it. At the same time, people should not justify why they present that specific piece of info as there argument (ie, saying Japan will be ahead, while the counter argument is "whatever! japan will win anyways durp durp im retarded japan wins everything!!" isn't considered a good counter argument in anyway).

I for one, vote CS2.

Yes, I know I listed a lot of down sides on why CS2 should NOT be on the event. However, it feels best that CS2 should be hosted due to small things like advertisement, and to hopefully spark players back into the Blaz scene. There are many other reasons to present, however I will stand by and say that CS2 would be the wises choices (this is going on and compare to the history of what Guilty Gear had to do deal with in the past for Evo, as explained in the post I quoted above).

I don't think a poll system is needed. If the tournament organizers feel as if one is needed, they are free to make one and see what the community thinks. This wouldn't be the first time the community used a poll to determine the fate of BB at a major.

Isn't there a voting mechanic on DL? I though i've seen it on these vBulletin designs..

See above paragraph.

TL;DR: the community should care about playing the newest game, staying current, and evolving the community, not dollar signs.

This drama is delicious. Just like to point out the troll facts that this shot only happens when WC is involved. Stay fucking everything up guys. Anyway

I was involved in the Slash to AC tourney shit. Yeah the majority did want it and people tried their hardest in the time allowed. No, GG players aren't superior beings that can adapt over BB. However, slash to AC, even though they changed the system dramatically, it was still guilty gear. It just added new shit. People had more tools yo work with for the most part in a system that allowed for more freedom.

CS2 is not GG though. They mostly limited the broken system; nerfed IB, jump frames, and all the dumb shit that CS is famous for. Then they nerfed chars. Then they put Platinum in. Then they made Noel top tier for some reason. Most chars are more constrained in a lesser system. It's completely different adapting to something like that compared to GG that just gave you more freedom.

I don't know if CS1 should stay or CS2 should be allowed. Half the good players want cs1, other half want cs2. Shit is kinda tough. In my opinion it seemed smart for revelations to be the last hurrah for CS1 as someone posted (think Stickbug, on my phone though). The first major for a game is big for attracting attention to others. Dunno if GottaCatchAllTheScrubsLoop wants negative attention for cs2 at rev or a hype evo scenario.

All I know is I'm not going! Congrats to EC placing top 2 in that online tourney. Hold that Vet Coast (we still cool though).

This thread is great.

Easy way to figure this out is like this -> Have a vote for which game is played! Only let REGISTERED players vote! The one with the most votes, wins!

If people get butthurt, someone will inevitably hold a side tournament for the game that lost.

This thread is great.

Easy way to figure this out is like this -> Have a vote for which game is played! Only let REGISTERED players vote! The one with the most votes, wins!

If people get butthurt, someone will inevitably hold a side tournament for the game that lost.

I Second This!

and agree with zidane's post for the most part :3

Lol get hype about placing high online then losing at the WC tournament itself

(But really It'll be real cool to meet Omni even it's assumed we have to body him)

(But seriously I can't wait to play against a good Makoto)

(Especially if it's CS2)

Lol get hype about placing high online then losing at the WC tournament itself

(But really It'll be real cool to meet Omni even it's assumed we have to body him)

(But seriously I can't wait to play against a good Makoto)

(Especially if it's CS2)

i believe you got bodied by week 4 pnw makato :3