Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

In my opinion, Bang's character design/tools are hurt simply due to the game's own mechanics. In particular the tech roll system. I always say it, but if BB had GG oki Bang would be an amazing character. But it isn't GG, it is BB.

then it's a terrible character design.

Heck, I love Bang (even though I'm ass using him, can't even BnB :v:), but half of his arsenal is either there for impossible-setup gimmicks (Bumpers/FRKZ) or just confusing/tricking your opponent(nails/guard points); and most of what he does is RTSD on steroids. It's not that those things can't be central to Bang's gameplay, it's that ASW just threw them there and then gave Bang the option to just ignore them 90% of the time if the player wishes to. If ASW gave Carl ten thousand wallbounces, nerfed Nirvana and buffed all his non-Nirvana attacks to infinity people would just let Nirvana sit there and rush their opponent's faces with Carl and be all like "Eat mecha-horse you sonuvabitch!". Of course you could go and make Neesan slap their mouthes shut, but you wouldn't need to. And that'd be a fail at design level, why would you give someone tools he doesn't need?

What people (Read: Bang mains) don't realize is that Bang is the joke character of the game, so it shouldn't matter if his tools are useful or not :eng101:

LOL, Bang is not the joke character of BlazBlue.

Taokaka is.

I suppose the only thing about the voices I'm left to wonder is what they're going to do with good ol' Hakumen. I noticed they altered it in CSEX so it doesn't sound so much like Vincent's "Jin" (which it certainly did), but I wonder if they're going to keep it that way, or if Vincent is going to attempt to make them sound different himself this time around.

Hakumen in EX is still Vincent, but somebody at ASW (Yes, ASW did the localization directly for CS2 and Extend, Aksys only published due to time constraints) decided to get a new voice director apparently and completely fucked up the filters used for Hakumen, accidentally lowering his pitch to make him sound like Darth Vader.

LOL, Bang is not the joke character of BlazBlue.

Taokaka is.

Hakumen in EX is still Vincent, but somebody at ASW (Yes, ASW did the localization directly for CS2 and Extend, Aksys only published due to time constraints) decided to get a new voice director apparently and completely fucked up the filters used for Hakumen, accidentally lowering his pitch to make him sound like Darth Vader.

No, I knew it was still Vincent. I was just wondering to myself whether or not they were going to keep those alterations.

What people (Read: Bang mains) don't realize is that Bang is the joke character of the game, so it shouldn't matter if his tools are useful or not :eng101:

I read a lot of stupid things on the internet, this has to be the worst.

No, I knew it was still Vincent. I was just wondering to myself whether or not they were going to keep those alterations.

They probably won't seeing as how they said that Aksys will handle the dubbing for the next BB iteration, which has just been announced. We'll be keeping old Hakumen filters.

I'm sorry if this has been said already, but Jinjya3 just tweeted the next Loketest is in Osaka during the 24-26th of this month.

BBCP第2回ロケテ大阪でもやるんか!8月24日〜26日かーいくか

I'm sorry if this has been said already, but Jinjya3 just tweeted the next Loketest is in Osaka during the 24-26th of this month.

BBCP第2回ロケテ大阪でもやるんか!8月24日〜26日かーいくか

No, this is new. And also exciting, that's next week.

If you placed CP loketest Hakumen in Extend then he will look ugly for sure but CP is a much different game with new standards that looks much lower till now [...]

Hakumen without his J2A, who has been his best friend since CT, isn't Hakumen. There must be another way to make him fit in CP. T_T

I hope that this first loketest is just pitching crazy ideas, and they'll nerf in appropriately.

Replacing PSR? Will they replace it with something that makes sense this time?
For the love of god this.

A Point system would be fair imo. Base a set number of points on a win or a loss with no variables. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. If you lose, you also lose a set amount of points. The increments should remain 100% static.

More Points = higher rank.

A Point system would be fair imo. Base a set number of points on a win or a loss with no variables. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. If you lose, you also lose a set amount of points. The increments should remain 100% static.

Isn't that just how the level system is. But then people would say it doesn't mean anything and just rewards people who grind all day.

Isn't that just how the level system is. But then people would say it doesn't mean anything and just rewards people who grind all day.

The level system doesn't take anything away for a loss.

I guess what he's saying is that it should be a pure win/loss ratio.

What PSR tries to do though is account for the fact that some players are better than others, and that if you beat one of the better ones (theoretically, one with higher psr) you should get more points.

Of course when people can just faceroll their way through online with Ragna due to lag-exploiting crap, PSR kinda stops meaning anything.

That sounds like an extremely roundabout way of showing a win-loose ratio :v: