Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

That'll be patched soon enough. Don't even think it warrants discussion haha, no chance will that survive until we get our hands on it.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19480229 @4:45

Interesting use of growler field to beat some of rachels tools, including absorbing her normals which have projectile properties.

It seems that wtv hakumen could kishuu thruogh, or cut to create a barrier, Azrael can use growler to absord their attacks for phalanx cannons.

Don't quote me but i think he can take as many as he can, but can only store up to 14 fireballs. And after he absorbs one projectile he seems to be invincible until he stops.

I don't know how many phalanx cannon shots he can store but, the rest is true. And once you're done absorbing you can deactivate it and attack your enemy.

With this in mind projectile oki is going to be hard to setup on him as it has been on Hakumen with his counters, potentially.

Oh, you can cancel him out of it after absorbing a shot? Wow that is nice. Tager is looking more and more like a sub these days...

I'd love to absorb a full Nu distortion. That would look too godlike.

Yeah that's kinda what I had in mind. Or the entirety of Tempest Daliah.

COME AT ME... uh, sis.

Does the invincibility last the whole way through or only against projectiles? If you're extending it, I mean.

Oh, you can cancel him out of it after absorbing a shot? Wow that is nice. Tager is looking more and more like a sub these days...

Yeah that's kinda what I had in mind. Or the entirety of Tempest Daliah.

COME AT ME... uh, sis.

lol I wanna see the full extent of growler, specifically against hybrid projectiles, moves that share both physical and projectile properties: Ouroboros, Noel's guns, some of Rachel's normals, etc.

Does the invincibility last the whole way through or only against projectiles? If you're extending it, I mean.

I haven't seen an Azrael player get hit at point blank range for absorbing multi hitting projectiles. If anything it's the opponent who gets hit after Azrael's done "eating" your projectile. So that's the best answer I can give.

Well, suppose you try to absorb Nu's sword rain super. Then while you're in the middle of it she comes up and tries to 3C you. What happens.

He can only store up to 3 projectiles, and I believe his "absorbing" animation is fully invincible. Not sure about afterwards though.

It definitely absorbs some of Rachels normals. Happens a couple of times in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxaU1baquHo&t=5m8s

This was actually my point of reference.

At around 5:55 you can see Azrael absorbing George's hits, and Rachel tries to punish, but gets hit by Azrael's 5B. Looks like absorbing projectiles makes it very safe.

yea it does, not entirely sure if he just timed it or it's invincible until he decides to end growler. More likely that he has x amount of frames of invincibility after "eating" projectiles.

His DP reminds me of Mu's. Already looks like a pain in the ass.

Except the polar opposite in terms of priority when used as a dp.

Based off my understanding of SP, it basically provides unlimited UW LW until the effects wear off. And it has a bit of startup invincibility though you're supposed to combo off of it, and make use of the unlimited UW and LW you gain from it correct?

You could create a nasty mixup in the corner if you land SP.

Dash > xx

Dash > Crossup > xx

Dash > Throw

Or just go straight into Mixups without the dash. Throw in a High/Low and damn. That's some good mixups son.

You could just buffer BHS after 5C. BHS Starts up ridiculously quick so if you have decent reactions I can't see it being a problem, really.